Who Lives, Who Dies? (Possible Spoilers)

Jon Snow- Lives... Eventually. What would be the point of letting Jon die like that? The amount of foreshadowing and character development with Jon is pointing towards something. And to those who say "It's GRRM anything is possible." No, wrong. Just killing Jon in a petty squabble would be a dumb financial decision for the readers he would lose (not to mention TV viewers already pissed about the RW). Jon will warg Ghost and be resurrected eventually.

Bran- Lives duh

Arya-Lives, but is the Stark second most likely to die I'd say.

Sansa- She will live but is the Stark on thinnest ice.

Rickon- lives, his storyline is just beginning.

UnCat- she will die for good in this book.

Meera Reed and Hodor will live, Jojen is toast.

Osha will live and I am on the fence about Davos.

I actually think Mel will live but Stannis will die. She will switch her allegiance to Jon and then Stannis is done for.

Cersei and her children will die, Jaime will stick on a bit, Brienne will die

Tyrion will live. In the East though I think Barristan and Victarion and a whole bunch of folks die. Dany will return with only Jorah and the

Imp.

Littlefinger is a tossup, but SR is done.

The Tyrells need some death, probably at Euron's hands. I think the Martells are safe and so is Aegon, but JonCon will die.

And lastly, I guess Asha and Aeron will live but Theon will die. Which is actually the first unpredictably nice thing GRRM will do.

I don't know if Cersei's story is self-contained, but it does seem to be moving toward its final act, with Cersei taking her insanity back to Casterly Rock--depriving the Tyrells of Lannister support at a crucial moment

Cersei's not going back to Casterly Rock. That was Kevan's plan, and Kevan is dead. Cersei is going to try to rule in King's Landing as Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. And it's going to be a disaster.

Cersei's not going back to Casterly Rock. That was Kevan's plan, and Kevan is dead. Cersei is going to try to rule in King's Landing as Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. And it's going to be a disaster.

And Littlefinger will gladly say, "...it is a good thing that I thrive on chaos."

I am prety new here and am happy to make my first litte "contribution;

Lives:

Jon: I think he's the key to the whole saga.

Arya; She might be the avenging knife in the dark for most of the wrong done to the Starks.

Sansa; the little naive princess is no more, she's now and thanks to LittleFinger, she now knows how the game is being played.

Tyrion; Eluded imminent death on too many occasions, favourite GRRM's character, the little rascal will make it in style and contribute to save the day.

Dannerys; She,ll come back to Westeros like 3 dragons, just like her ancester and will blowtorch these others with her winged firethrowers.

The Hound; Will appear later, just in hiding for the moment.

The Black Fish; I just don,t see him die, he'll emerge from the shadow and play some kind of tactical role.

Asha; will eventually be the one at the head of House Greyjoy.

GreatJon; strong as a bull, he'll survive captivity.

Samwell; will somehow become a hero and perhaps redeeming omething in his father's eye.

The Queen of Thorns; she's seen too much and understands the game too well.

Die:

Myrcella and Tommen; so the prophecy said.

Jaime; he'll die as the knight he once swore to be in a glorious way to pay back for his past mistakes.

Cercei; assassinated by ...

Catelyn v. 2.0;

Freys; in numbers via Catelyn, Nymeria and her wolves and perhaps some knights of the Vale.

Ramsay Bolton; killed in action.

Roose; killed in action.

Victarion; burned alive.

Euron; killed by Asha Greyjoy.

Rickon; too "irrelevant" compared to his other siblings.

Jojen; he saw his death coming.

Barristan; dying toward the very end in service of his queen till the very last moment.

Cercei; after some batshit crazy moments, she'll get murdered.

Aegon; dying while taking the head of the attack on Storm's end.

LIttleFinger; will die victim of his love for Catelyn's daughter.

Sweet Robin; will be toss off the way by littlefinger.

Brienne; will die for her ideals of chivalry

Old Nan; captivity will be proven too much for the old ladyJ

Jon Connington; he has one foot in the grave already

The nightwatch organisation; the invasion by the others will be too much, most will die while buying precious time to save the Realm.

On the fence;

Bronn

Melisandre

Margery

Thoros

Jaquen

Gendry

Theon.

Benjen Stark (I believe he could be coldhand and will eventually die helping Bran achieve his fate)

The old Grey Seer (Brynden Rivers/Targaryan?); dying will passing the torch to Bran)

I

My bet is, everyone will die by the end of the series, except for Bran, as he is the first regular POV, a greenseer, and I'm not sure even GRRM could come up with a good end for him, or Areo, because he is merely the watcher.

A good end for Bran is to end up as firewood.

Jon Snow- Lives... Eventually. What would be the point of letting Jon die like that? The amount of foreshadowing and character development with Jon is pointing towards something. And to those who say "It's GRRM anything is possible." No, wrong. Just killing Jon in a petty squabble would be a dumb financial decision for the readers he would lose (not to mention TV viewers already pissed about the RW). Jon will warg Ghost and be resurrected eventually.

GRRM will also lose readers if Jon wargs Ghost and is eventually resurrected. I might not stop reading, but I would be pissed off. Whatever he chooses to write is going to piss off some readers.

Melisandre says that sacrificing the blood of kings sets free enormous amounts of power. Jon is a descendant of kings, either through Rhaegar/Lyanna, or Ned. In all likelihood he was the chosen successor to the King in the North, legitimated by his brother Robb Stark. If it turns out that Rhaegar and Lyanna are Jon's parents, Jon might even be a royal prince with a legitimate claim to the Iron Throne. King's blood, indeed.

Jon's death might give Melisandre the sacrifice she was looking for, the sacrifice Jon tried to prevent by sending maester Aemon and Mance's son away from the Wall. The uncontrolled energy released by the sacrifice of one Lord Commander of royal blood at Castle Black might bring about the event that most of us have been anticipating: the destruction of the Wall.

That is what all the developments and foreshadowing may have been pointing to. The invasion of the Others.

Death prediction: the Wall. It will finally fall.

Arya-Lives, but is the Stark second most likely to die I'd say.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't see a happy ending for Arya. I actually do think she'll be an agent of Stark revenge, but only after she's lost her identity as Arya, so such revenge would be completely meaningless to her. I think she stops being herself in WoW.

Either that, or it's only through warging into Nymeria, possibly for good.

Arya may be GRRM's wife's (and mine and thousands of other people's) favorite character, but that's precisely why he'll wind up wiping her out.

I think:

Death:

- Jon - He actually is dead, his death frees up the LC for Stannis to take the black and become the next LC.

- Barristan

- Hizdahr zo Loraq

- Loras Tyrell - finds something significant out at Dragonstone, possibly the prologue chapter a dying Loras revealing something important to come.

- Cersei - Her valonquar will turn out to be the Faith's champion in her trial, he'll unmask whatever Ser Robert is and kill it, results will doom both Cersei and Qyburn unexpectedly. I think Cersei's contribution is up, we've seen into her madness go past the brink and she isn't really a redeemable character. I reckon she'll go to the block kicking and screaming and get an execution POV furiously thinking why she's ended up sharing Ned's fate despite doing everything he didn't. Lannisters lose complete control of the throne.

- Jorah Mormont - Will try and win Dany's favour over again only to be overshadowed by Vic defeating the Yunkish and executed by Dany for returning, provides a nice GRRM-worthy shock over there.

- Ser Robert Strong

- Qyburn

- UnCat - Mercy killing by Brienne to free Pod and Jaime.

- Ramsay Bolton - I think he's served his role to be the agent of change behind Theon's redemption arc, Roose will ultimately show just how cold he is by betraying Ramsay to save himself and flee after defeat to Stannis at Winterfell. Theon won't get his revenge, but readers will get some satisfaction probably from Melis consigning him to the flames.

- Some more Freys, but not Walder who I think GRRM will save something special for in ADoS.

- Jojen Reed

- Jon Connington - Defeated by Tyrells and Faith Militant at KL, but leaves Tyrells exhausted and a spent force. Faegon escapes alive though to join up with the Martells.

Survival:

- Littlefinger - Sansa will finally turn on him but show mercy and let him free, but strip him of all titles and humiliate him ruining his plans first. I think LF as one of the main puppeteers is too big to kill off in TWOW but this outcome would leave him nicely hanging around as a loose cannon waiting to have his last throw of the dice in the game.

- Dany, at the verge of launching a surprise attack on the West with the help of Tyrion. Choses difficult route while being completely unaware of KL being a sitting duck.

- Tyrion - Joined up with Dany and made his peace over Tywin's sacking of KL, offers to become her Hand in replacement for Selmy. Heads back to Westeros early and attempts to claim Casterly Rock after hearing of Cersei's execution.

- Arya

- Sweetrobin - Will have some role in LF's downfall/Sansa realising his game by attempting to kill SR.

- Brienne

- Jaime - Ignored Cersei's pleas for help but now headed for KL to rescue Tommen from becoming a Tyrell puppet king.

- Pod

- Samwell - See the Battle of Oldtown from his POV, city sacked but Euron defeated, flees with the other maesters to Highgarden by the end of the book giving us a POV with HG.

- Roose Bolton - Shows just how ruthless he is, betrays Ramsay and leaves him to his fate, last seen fleeing to the Twins having lost control of the North to a mix of Others/NW/Stannis.

- Victarion - Barristan will be the POV who dies in Meereen, Vic I think will carry on to do something epic with Dany.

- Asha

- Theon - Can see he is going to cheat execution and escape with Asha somehow, not sure how but I think he's too bigger character to kill off now. Asha will find some way of tricking Stannis and returning to Aeron to start trying to end Euron's rule.

- Euron - Defeated in the South and fleeing back to the Iron Islands and into a trap set by Aeron/Asha/Theon left on a cliffhanger. Likewise seeking revenge on Vic for failing to steal either a dragon or Dany.

- Tommen

- Mace Tyrell

- Margaery Tyrell - Will be found innocent at her trial, Tyrells will assume total power in KL with Tommen as thier puppet and drive out the remaining Lannisters to the frustration of Varys who I think will respond by doing something to cause unrest between the Faith/Faith Militant and Tyrells in KL. Think there is a lot of potential there to set things up nicely for Faegon/Dany to return to KL to be confronted by a completely different situation than most are predicting. Tyrells to possibly defeat Faegon but be left bloodied and for the taking for Danys or the Martells to betray them and seize the IT for either side. Sets up a possible revenge arc from the Martells in ADoS that way to take advantage of the Tyrells while they're punchdrunk and almost out.

just no for almost all of this...really?

Live:

Arya Stark: I don't think she'll make it out of the series alive, she's too much of a dark and tragic character, but I feel she has a lot left to do.

Bran Stark: way too important to die. he's been long since set up as a major part of the conclusion of the story.

Daenerys Targaryen: see above.

Tyrion Lannister: Obviously has a lot more to do in the story; he's such a fan's favorite.

Jon Snow: while I hope otherwise, he's probably going to live to provide exposition on his own parenthood, which has been a mystery for too long to be unimportant.

Theon Greyjoy: the ultimate "how is this dude still alive" character, I think he'll end up ironically being the last Greyjoy standing.

Stannis Baratheon: the last contender still alive from the War of Five Kings, I think he'll live through to the last book and go out honorably as he realizes Mel was wrong about him the whole time.

Die:

Cersei Lannister and Jaime Lannister: destined to die together, they actually kill each other simultaneously; Jaime is the 'valonqar' from Cersei's prophecy, not Tyrion.

Barristan Selmy: his purpose as a POV character was to show what was happening in Meereen while Dany was away. Now, with three other major POVs descending on the city, his role is pretty much spent.

Sansa Stark: I don't agree that she's very important to the conclusion. I think the controversial Sansa chapter involves her getting raped and then killed along with Littlefinger.

All the major ones I can think of right now.

I wouldn't say that Rickon is irrelevant. His destiny is to become Lord of Winterfell, and as such he is practically guaranteed to survive.

His siblings may have more interesting destinies but their destiny, with the exception of Robb's, is not connected with Winterfell. And Robb already died.

Hey...

Oppss... sorry for that. Tini made a valid point though; he's the one most likely to Winterfell in the end. Bran is likely to stay beyond the wall (perhaps dying playing a huge role), Sansa seems linked to the Vale one way or another, Arya...who knows. I agree with the agent of vengeance but somehow, I am not sure she'll die. PErhaps do what needs to be done and then vanish, dying sure is in the air but... somehow, I don't feel it.

Somehow I see Cersei as the prologue to the 7th book. Feels like a fitting way to start the final act. So she gets a pass for this one. I think Jon the POV is dead. The Mel POV was introduced to follow the Jon story from here onward.

As for 6, these are the characters I see going down

Ramsey Bolton - Really loathable but just doesn't seem like endgame material

All of the Freys - Its been happening for the last three books, no reason to expect the bloodbath to stop

Victaron Greyjoy - His death flags are almost too obvious.

The Mountain - That fight that everyone has been waiting for

Petyr Baelish - Was damn near unstoppable until he started telling Sansa all about his schemes

Barristan Selmy - An old man stuck in a foreign war

Arianne Martell - GRRM is tricky. Hes going to stun us on at least one kill and this would set off Doran Martell as one of the most dangerous players

Tommen Baratheon - 2.5 books is about all you can hope to get sitting on the Iron Throne.

Dies:

Theon

Brienne

Barristan

Roose

Some random Freys

Stannis

Sweetrobin

Daven Lannister

Lives: Everyone else.

Oh, and Victarion dying at Slaver's Bay would be a massive waste of time, so I don't see it happening. Although him killing Barristan and stealing the dragons is pretty likely.

Lives:

Davos- One of the few characters who seem truly good-hearted. A shame if he dies.

Stannis- He is a just man. Misguided, but just. He's not gong to be king of anything but I think he'll live.

Brienne- Another honorable character (yes, I know, that didn't help Ned, but to be totally fair, if R+L=J then Ned knowingly sheltered a Targ for years, thus making him a traitor to the crown)

Bran- I think he will play an important part in the rebuilding of the realm (or parts of it) after the Others and the dragons have made a slushy, rubble-strewn mess of the place

Rickon- Probably. My theory is that he might end up as the lord of Winterfell

Sansa- Tougher than she looks

Jon- When I read Jon's final POV in Dance I thought that the most likely outcome would be A) John is dead and stays dead or Jon is dead and will be brought back by Melisandre. Then I remembered who was writing the books and I think C) none of the above. It could have something to do with his warging, but not necessarily. Jon will be central to the outcome of the books. Plus he doesn't know who his mother is and why make it a thing if he's never going to find out?

Samwell Tarly- so that he can become a maester, possibly Grand Maester :thumbsup:

The Blackfish- 'cause he's rad

Walder Frey- I think he will live and see all of his kin perish

Asha- just a feeling

Meera

Hodor

Bronn

The Hound- he deserves a shot at redemption

On the fence:

Jaime- wishful thinking that he'll live, but I'm pretty sure Cersei's demise is at hand and the books hint that they came into the world together and they will leave together

Tyrion- it would be a shame but he is a kinslayer (unless Tywin wasn't his father, and I'm not sure how likely that is)

Arya- a cool but tragic character with a lot of blood on her hands

Daenerys- There has been so much build-up, I can't see her taking her dragons across the sea, beating the Others and reigning happily as queen.

Jorah- I think his fate is tied to Daenerys

Ser Loras- If he lives he won't be the same

Dies: (mostly I just HOPE these characters will die)

Cersei- almost certainly

Littlefinger- nasty, scheming little man

Ser Barristan- he's a good man, but old, and I think he would prefer to die in battle rather then linger on

The Boltons

Melisandre

Shireen- sad, but I think she is already a "dead girl"

Patchface

Theon- I think he will die for the Starks, and that would be fitting

Jojen- because they talk about it

Margaery- to stop her from marrying EVERYONE who looks like they have a shot at the iron throne

Jon Connington- because he has greyscale

Catelyn- to put her out of her misery

Gregor- if you can kill a guy twice

Thoros of Myr- He's seen the darker side of the Lord of Light. I think he's doomed.

As for the rest, I would have to go back and re-read the books.

Archived