Maggy the Frog, theory about her prophecy

leo0274

I think Jaime will kill Cersei. But Margaery's as queen will be short reign. Winter is coming.

As Tommen's Queen maybe... she's on King #3 and still has yet to, officially, lose her maidenhead. Aegon is racing for KL to become ill fated husband #4.

Never thought Stanis but it might work. and it says after she loses everything, so if her 2 childern die (and maybe jamie as well) by law Stanis becomes king, to kingdom being attacked by both Dragons and the Others he just might pull a Wayne Brady on her, instead the fire.

Cersei seems to me to believe that Marg Tyrell and Tyrion fulfill the prophecy.

Based on that alone I expect it will be Dany and Jaime.

That's a good point. Margery and Tyrion do seem too obvious so you're probably correct that it is someone else though Dany seems too obvious also but I like the idea that Jaime could be the valonqar.

Jaime does seem rather concerned with his hand(s) and what they're doing of late.

Though i like the Stannis theory as well.

Tommen is also a little brother; perhaps his love of the Tyrells is what strangles his sweet mother, or Tommen reacts badly to finding out his true parentage. Not quite as probable as the other little brothers though.

I think Sansa is the Queen also. Margaery is the logical choice right now but it just seems to obvious. I think Sansa will be very powerful by the last book.

As to the Valonqar I think it will be Tyrion based on this scene from ACOK when Cersei finds the whore who she thinks is Shae.

"I have never liked you Cersei, but you were my own sister, so I never did you harm. You've ended that. I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."

I like this is foreshadowing Tyrion killing Cersei. He is her little brother after all. I think in TWOW Cersie will have to flee KL. She will be think herself safe and happy in Casterly Rock. I think Dany will end up landing on the East Coast of the 7 Kingdoms with Tyrion's help. Tyrion will come out of nowhere and turn Cersie's world to ashes, claiming what is rightfully his, Casterly Rock.

I read a thread about it being Stannis, and I laughed my ass off, and was like, "What? You crazy." Then I read ADWD and found this stuff in Asha's POV: She tells Stannis to make her his friend and says Robert was known for making fallen foes his friends. He blows her off. Justin Massey is like, "Bad idea. Never speak to him of Robert."

Then this stuff:

I should have known better. Asha knew how it went with little brothers. She remembered Theon a sa boy, a shy child who lived in awe, and fear, of Rodrik and Maron. They never grow out of it, she decided. A little brother may live to be a hundred, but he will always be a little brother."

Stannis is the valonqar, I am SOLD. That dialogue just sticks out like a sore thumb. It is so gratuitous. Either it's foreshadowing, or GRRM trolling the reader just for laughs.

I still think it might just refer to the Second Sons mercenary companies. They've been promised Casterly Rock (mostly) which she thinks is hers.

Nice theories :) Never thought about that but it those make sense!

Damn, some awesome theories here. It's making me think. I've always gone with the popular theory that Cersei will be so focused on Tyrion and Margaery that she'll be completely blindsided when Daenerys shows up to take her kingdom and Jaime kills her. But maybe this is getting too popular and therefore obvious so GRRM won't go with this...

If not Jaime and Daenerys then I'd have to say Sansa and Stannis. Sansa, who has been weak and pathetic up to this point would totally catch Cersei off-guard. Then again, she suspects her for killing Joffrey so maybe Sansa's not such a good choice. Stannis is all about duty, lawfulness and justice, doing whatever it takes and killing whoever needs to be killed to make things the way they should be. It's a huge contrast to what Cersei has been up to so he would be good choice to kill her.

I thought that it would be Jamie on my first read, he's disassociating himself from her step by step, it would be more of a surprise than if it were Tyrion etc. But I'm open to more ideas since I've been lurking here (hi everyone, by the way!)

About the "golden shrouds" bit; that doesn't neccesarily mean that the three kids will all die young, just that they will die at some point. We all know that all men must die, right?

I know that a premature death is heavily implied, but most of the prophecies we're familiar with throughout the books don't exactly seem to be straightforward xx

Archived