Jon Snow's true identity is.....................Jon Snow

AegonTargaryen

If I see one more Jon Snow thread I might cry. I didn`t care about who his mother was before knowing about this site and I still don`t care. I genuinely hope the whole thing is a massive red herring by Martin and Jon Snow is nothing more than that - a bastard from the North.

Sure, he might be L&R`s son, he might not, but even Snow himself has worried about his mother`s identity since Game of Thrones.

I think it'd be epic if the last person to know and be able to prove that Jon's parents were R+L died, without telling Jon, and George put something in like "and the secret of Jon's parents died with *insert name*, Jon would never know of his true parentage, Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, or that they married in secret, promising Ned to never tell a soul in fear that Robert's fury would find him, the secret that Jon Snow, or Jon Targaryen is the rightful king to the seven kingdom, has died." and everyone who had no clue would be like "oh my goooddddddddddddddddddd" and everyone who supported the theory would be like "I f***ing knew it!!!!!" (obviously George would word it better than I did, but you get my point)

I think that Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. If they were not married, then either way he would still be named Jon Snow. He would also have no claim to the Iron Throne. If Lyanna and Rhaegar were married, then he would be a Targaryen and Eddard would state that Jon is his bastard to protect him from King Robert. Would Lyanna and Rhaegar's possible marriage be valid as he was already married to Elia? Either way Jon is Eddard's son as Eddard raised him as such. I have considered the possibility that this is one massive red herring and George R. R. Martin is toying with us. Still, I will be disappointed if Lyanna and Rhaegar are not Jon's parents. Here's hoping! Daenerys will be annoyed as well if she learns that Lyanna and Rhaegar had a child.

I really don't understand how people DON'T see that it was L+R. Lyanna died under guard, one of the guards probably being the best knight in the realm at the time- The Morning Star himself. So what other case do people have other than her death being of childbirth?? Especially since so many people have had visions of Lyanna and her "bloody white gown". Whether her and Rhaegar got married is really inconsequential. Plus the whole "Promise me, Ned" that literally haunted Ned until he died, what other promise could be so hard to bare? Jon has the same "long face" that Lyanna had yet he still has gray eyes. I think that just by genetics Stark features would kind of overrule Targaryen features anyway since the dragon features are usually really fair.

Plus, Jon fulfills Rhaegars vision of having a son that would be the "Prince that was Promised", as well as being the third head of the dragon. Except the role is reversed since its Daenerys with two men instead of Aegon with two women. I think people would have to go to some pretty crazy lengths to say that Jon Snow would not be a perfect fit for any of those things, therefore Lyanna and Rhaegar must be the parents.

• 1 month later...

dany and aegon are coming back westeroes to rule by killing people by fire and blood. they will die fighting each other for the sit and end up in taking millions of lives.

i dont think dany or aegon truly deserve just coz they are targaryens and once thier forefather conquered it and its thier birth right.

Jon is the true protector of the realm and knows and understands his duty. that is defending the kingdoms by destroying the threats beyond the wall . to save human race from others is the primary thing. Jon even rejects the offer to take over as lord of winterfell which was offred by stannis. which shows he is not selfish and greedy.

once upon the westeroes was heaven and was in peace thousands of yrs ago when COTF lived. and then one by one it is invaded by first men, andals and targaryens taking lives for thier own selfishness.

may be rhaegar and lyannas blood will play bigger role here. its blood of both north and south has something to do. dany and aegon will die fighting for throne. arya, tyrion and staninis may be the dragon riders and will succeed in killing most of the dead .however all 3 will sacrifice their life halfway along with those dragons as suicide stunt. bran will also bring COTF whose magic will also help in killing others.

and finally in the darkness under jons leadership survived people of westeroes will go from town to town to kill remaining walking dead which escaped from dragons fire. in the end jon will succeed in cleaning up all mess and will play in reconstructing all seven kingdoms into one and becoming favorite and true leader of the survivor, not by fear but with love .

Dany and Aegon marry, Jon becomes Hand (because he has no claim), a peaceful Targaryen dynasty is restored, reuniting Targaryens, Blackfyre`s and bastards. Jon eventually retires and returns to the Wall. Jon assumes Bloodraven`s role through Bran.

This has all happened before and it will all happen again.

• 4 weeks later...

Doesn't Jons burned hand clearly show that he doesn't have the "dragons blood" in him? If he was a Targaryen he wouldn't have burned his hand (like Dany was unburned when in flames). I think that could be the reason why his burned hand is mentioned so many times. Or am I missing something in this?

I think Jon could be Roberts son. "The seed is strong" is also mentioned quite often, then there would be Jon, Gendry and Edrick (in this order?).

I wish in the end he would marry Dany and then they could have "double claim" to the throne.

Archived