Ideal casting for a movie on Robert's Rebellion

thewingedwolf

The best tend to go to the US for the cash. Like the actors.

Have you seen the Wire?

Dominic West

Idris Elba

Couldn't get work in the UK and they were not paid a lot. In fact they got the job because they are cheaper than Americans.

Infact even Rome

Ray Stevenson and Kevin McKidd weren't big in the UK. They had to come to the US.

Its not money its a waste of telent. After these guys have been in the US, we then acknowledge them. If it wasnt for teh Wire, we would never have had Luther.

Have you seen the Wire?

Dominic West

Idris Elba

Couldn't get work in the UK and they were not paid a lot. In fact they got the job because they are cheaper than Americans.

Infact even Rome

Ray Stevenson and Kevin McKidd weren't big in the UK. They had to come to the US.

Its not money its a waste of telent. After these guys have been in the US, we then acknowledge them. If it wasnt for teh Wire, we would never have had Luther.

I've seen the Wire and most of HBO's output.

Brit talent goes to the US for jobs/money.

The Brits in the Wire were lucky that bit became special and that HBO didn't drop it after poor viewings, they came back and could demand a lot more.

• 2 weeks later...

I would pick many of the standard GoT cast for the RR movie:

- Maisie Williams (Arya) as Lyanna

- whoever portrait Aegon in the GoT as Rhaegar

- whoever portrait Arrianne Martell as Elia

- Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) as Brandon Stark

- Sean Bean (Ned Stark) as Rickard Stark

- Richard Madden (Robb Stark) as Eddard Stark

- Issac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark) as Benjen Stark

- Nikolaj Coster Waldau (Jaime) as Tywin Lannister

- Eugene Simons (Lancel) as Jaime Lannister

- Aimee Richardson (Myrcella) as Cersei Lannister

- Ciaran Hinds (Mance Rayder) as Mad King Aerys

- Lena Heady (Cersei) as Queen Rhaella

- Clive Russel (Blackfish) as Hoster Tully

- Tobias Mensies (Edmure) as Blackish

- Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) as Catelyn Tully

- Charlotte Hope (Myranda the Ramsay's whore) as Lysa Tully

- Dean-Charles Chapman (Tommen) as Edmure Tully

- Gethin Anthony (Renly) as Robert Baratheon

- Joe Dempsey (Gendry) as Stannis Baratheon

- Brenock O'Connor (Olly the NW kid) as Renly Baratheon

- Ian McElhinney (Barristan) as Jon Arryn

- Joseph Altin (Pypar) as Littlefinger

- Emilia Clarke (Daenerys) as Ashara Dayne

- Harry Lloyd (Viserys) as Arthur Dayne

- Jerome Flynn (Bronn) as Oswell Whent

- Ron Donachie (Rodric Cassel) as Gerold Hightower

- Pedro Pascal (Oberyn) as Lewin Martell

- Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont) as Barristan Selmy

- Iwan Rheon (Ramsay) as Roose Bolton

- Rory McCann (Sandor Clegane) as Jonothor Darry

- Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton) as Lyn Corbray

- Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy) as Davos Seaworth

- Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Jojen Reed) as Howland Reed

- Owen Teale (Alliser Thorne) as Mace Tyrell

- Dominic Carter (Janos Slynt) as Randyll Tarly

- Mark Stanley (Grenn) as Jon Connington

- Conlet Hill would remain as Varys

- Ian Whyte (the Mountain from season 2) as RR Gregor Clegane

- Jaime Sives (Jory Cassel) as Martin Cassel

- Ben Crompton (Dolorous Edd) as Theo Wull

- Daniel Portman (Podrick Payne) as Ethan Glover

- Noah Taylor (Locke) as Mark Ryswell

- Richard Dormer (Beric Dondarrion) as Willam Dustin

- Ian Beatie (Meryn Trant) as a knight of house Blount

- Ben Hawkey (Hot Pie) as a squire of house Blount

- Andy Becwith (Rorge) as a knight of house Haigh

- Jack Gleeson (Joffrey) as a squire of house Haigh

- Tim Plester (Black Walder Frey) as a knight of house Frey

- Eros Vlahos (Lommy Greenhands) as a squire of house Frey

:rolleyes: People get pissed off because they grew up seeing Vader as a macho badass but the prequels show him as a whiny, love struck pretty boy so they take it out on the actor. I actually thought he was one of the better actors in ROTS, the worst acting was Natalie Portman and Ewan Mcgregor in that 'Anakin has turned to the darkside' scene.

Anyway, I think he comes across as more Targaryen than Lannister. Just throw on a silver wig and perhaps Rhaegar?

Elia- Angel Coulby http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/guinevere.jpg?w=300&h=450

Lyanna- Jessica Brown Findlay http://www.radiotimes.com/uploads/images/original/27472.jpg?quality=85&mode=crop&width=360&height=600&404=tv

Ashara- Astrid Frisbey (she has haunting eyes) http://www.goseetalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Astrid-Berg%C3%A8s-Frisbey-as-Syrena.jpg

Howland Reed- Colin Morgan http://www.freelyspeaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/series-2-publicity-image-merlin-on-bbc-7859208-2560-17071.jpg

This can't happen but it just seems so Rhaegar to me (the hair is perfect for show!Jon's dad too)- http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llhotktu3l1qgd3hlo1_400.jpg

I think Christensen played the role as he was supposed to. The Jedi aren't supposed to be ruled by their emotion; by Attack Of The Clones he's been with them a few years, but not long enough to always keep his feelings in check. Christensen's Anakin is wooden because he's supposed to be. The only issue I had with him in that film is that he wasn't always convincing when Anakin was supposed to be emotional. (Though I did like the "...They were like animals..." scene.)

With Revenge Of The Sith, I thought he was nowhere near as bad as he's made out to be. His final scenes with McGregor he pretty much nailed it - if anyone was flat at times in that film I'd direct that accusation at Portman. I'm not a fan of McGregor, but I liked Obi Wan's final exchange with Anakin.

I think the whole Star Wars prequels trilogy was stacked with really bad acting. Miscasting and very poor direction down to George Lucas) led to actors giving average performances.

The worst part of it is there's a decent story in those three films - but it was paced out wrongly. With a little more love or interest the prequels could have been great. They certainly weren't lacking in talented actors wanting to take part, but the material they had to work with just wasn't up to scratch for the most part.

There was some talent there, but not enough to lift themselves. No heavy beasts like Guinness or Cushing.

I love the red letter comparisons of certain scenes from the two trilogies. :D

I think George should have outsourced the writing and direction and not relied so much on CGI & green screen.

For me the redemption of Vader is meaningless since he was tricked into naughty ways, he never grasped for it as was originally mentioned.

I tend to ignore the prequels and just enjoy the old films on their own. Like some do with the Matrix.

Archived