An insight into the Sansa Prophecy

I think that when it all comes down, Sansa is going to die. This was foreshadowed in the very first book w/ the killing of Lady and the connection the children have w/ their wolves. I very much doubt things will work out for her. Sure, she may move ahead in the game, but in the end I don't think Sansa will be alive when the series concludes. In fact, I'd be absolutely shocked if she survives.

Don't be so sure of that. If she was meant to die she'd have in the first book. Originally she was supposed to, but she is meant for greater things and an early death is not one of those things. Losing Lady meant losing the connection to her family, and the loss of her views on chivalry and of knights, princesses and queens being inherently good. Not her literal death. I'd be shocked and ANGRY if she doesn't survive.

OP:

I've always assumed that the "giant" is Littlefinger. The scene where Sweetrobin and Sansa fight over the doll and behead it ultimately foreshadows that Sweetrobin and Sansa will both be involved somehow in his downfall, whether they plan it together or Sansa uses her influence over Sweetrobin to cast him down - or even have him beheaded.

Alternatively, there's a (crackpot?) theory that Sweetrobin is able to skinchange. In addition to this, it is thought that Sweetrobin skinchanged into Wun Wun during Jon's assassination. I'm not in full accordance with this theory, but it leaves something to think about. Sansa might ultimately lead to Sweetrobin's downfall or death as well. Or she might either help Sweetrobin become aware of his warging and guide him into using his warging ability for good instead of harm, or possibly find a way to end his warging ability altogether. ("Suddenly she had the doll's head, Robert had the legs and body.")

Per this theory, Wun Wun is to Hodor as Sweetrobin is to Bran.

The giant would lash out violently when threatened, and those huge hands were strong enough to rip a man apart. He reminded Jon of Hodor. Hodor twice as big, twice as strong, and half as clever. (ADwD, Jon VIII)

There's also the possibilty that Bloodraven has already tried to reach Sweetrobin in his dreams, and that it frightened him. Note that Sweetrobin has a fear of birthmarks, in this scene manifesting as a fear of moles.

"Lord Nestor has a mole," he said, squirming. Robert was afraid of men with moles. "Mommy said he was dreadful." (AFFC, Sansa I)

The implications of this would have Sweetrobin be a sort of "anti-Bran" or "anti-Bloodraven," possibly as a (although somewhat weak?) power working against them. If this is true, I don't think Sweetrobin is fully conscious of his warging powers, let alone that he is working against Bran or Bloodraven in some way. At least not yet.

In addition to Wun Wun being utilized as Sweetrobin's own "Hodor," there are similarities to Sweetrobin during Wun Wun's murder of the Ser Patrek of King's Mountain, from the imagery of Ser Patrek being a doll to the parallel of Wun Wun's attack to Sweetrobin's "attack" on Winterfell with his doll. Here is part of the scene of Wun Wun's attack on Ser Patrek:

The screaming had stopped by the time they came to Hardin's Tower, but Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun was still roaring. The giant was dangling a bloody corpse by one leg, the same way Arya used to dangle her doll when she was small, swinging it like a morningstar when menaced by vegetables. Arya never tore her dolls to pieces, though. The dead man's sword arm was yards away, the snow beneath it turning red.

"Let him go," Jon shouted. "Wun Wun, let him go."

Wun Wun did not hear or did not understand. The giant was bleeding himself, with sword cuts on his belly and his arm. He swung the dead knight against the grey stone of the tower, again and again and again, until the man's head was red and pulpy as a summer melon. The knight's cloak flapped in the cold air. Of white wool it had been, bordered in cloth-of-silver and patterned with blue stars. Blood and bone were flying everywhere. (ADwD, Jon VIII)

There are several connections to Sweetrobin and his doll throughout the series. Here are a couple:

Her uncle's voice was troubled. "Lord Robert," he sighed. "Six years old, sickly, and prone to weep if you take his dolls away. (AGoT, Catelyn VI)

"Winterfell?" Robert was small for eight, a stick of a boy with splotchy skin and eyes that were always runny. Under one arm he clutched the threadbare cloth doll he carried everywhere. (ASoS, Sansa VII)

And this is how Sweetrobin and his doll have parallels to Wun Wun's attack on Ser Patrek.

"It's not so great." The boy knelt before the gatehouse. "Look, here comes a giant to knock it down." He stood his doll in the snow and moved it jerkily. "Tromp tromp I'm a giant, I'm a giant," he chanted. "Ho ho ho, open your gates or I'll mash them and smash them." Swinging the doll by the legs, (The giant was dangling a bloody corpse by one leg) he knocked the top off one gatehouse tower and then the other. (He swung the dead knight against the grey stone of the tower, again and again...**) (ASoS, Sansa VII)

It was more than Sansa could stand. "Robert, stop that." ("Wun Wun, let him go.") Instead he swung the doll again (**...and again.) (Wun Wun did not hear or did not understand), and a foot of wall exploded. She grabbed for his hand but she caught the doll instead. There was a loud ripping sound as the thin cloth tore. Suddenly she had the doll's head, Robert had the legs and body, and the rag-and-sawdust stuffing was spilling in the snow. (...the snow beneath it turning red. ...Blood and bone were flying everywhere.) (ASoS, Sansa VII)

"I don't want porridge." Robert flung his spoon across the hall. (...Arya used to dangle her doll when she was small, swinging it like a morningstar when menaced by vegetables.) It bounced off a hanging tapestry, and left a smear of porridge upon a white silk moon. "The lord wants eggs!" (AFFC, Alayne I)

Maybe Sansa "slays" LF with the kiss by the snow castle he stole when Lysa was watching.

This causes LF to have to change his plans because he hadn't planned on killing Lysa so soon. He wasn't completely ready with his plans for the Vale and had to make some last minute changes. These changes cascade into his whole plan unraveling and causing his death.

The giant reference connects the two visions. Bran's first two shadows are probably Sandor and Jaime. Sandor spends time with both Arya and Sansa and Jaime sends Brienne to look for the two girls besides whatever happens after he meets Lady Stoneheart. Bran's last shadow seems to be Gregor especially with unGregor's mystery head. But LF makes more sense. Armored in stone fits with his father's sigil being the Titan of Braavos and LF really is the shadow looming over them.

ACOK 17 Tyrion

“That’s a handsome knife as well.”

“Is it?” There was mischief in Littlefinger’s eyes. He drew the knife and glanced at it casually, as if he had never seen it before. “Valyrian steel, and a dragonbone hilt. A trifle plain, though. It’s yours, if you would like it.”

“Mine?” Tyrion gave him a long look. “No. I think not. Never mine.” He knows, the insolent wretch. He knows and he knows that I know, and he thinks that I cannot touch him.

If ever truly a man had armored himself in gold, it was Petyr Baelish, not Jaime Lannister. Jaime’s famous armor was but gilded steel, but Littlefinger, ah... Tyrion had learned a few things about sweet Petyr, to his growing disquiet.

I believe that Sansa ultimately leads to LF's downfall/death, although Arya might play a role: they are sisters after all.

Actually, I have a (crackpot?) theory that Sansa exposes LF for some of the crimes that he's committed, which leads to LF being forced into exile. In exile, LF seeks revenge against Sansa and attempts to hire a Faceless Man. Arya discovers this and kills LF herself. This would fit the developing roles of the two girls perfectly. Sansa uses politics and "tattling" (as she did for Joff) to deal with a foe while Arya assassinates him.

Archived