Why do certain people think Jon snow

Genetically speaking, black/brown hair & eyes are always dominant over blue/lavendar/blond hair & eyes.

The Targaryens have been able to keep their traits so pure by inbreeding - and I also agree thay have the blood of old Valyria. Additionally, the Lyseni and House Varlyon, as mentioned in earlier posts, undoubtedly come from old Valyria too.

So, if Lyanna as a Stark and Raeghar as a Targaryen had a child (Jon) the Stark coloring would dominate and Jon would have darker hair & darker eyes; as he does. He would also look like Ned as he is Lyanna's brother.

However, that doesn't really support the theory of RLJ does it? Ned could have had an affair w/a dark haired or even light haired woman and had a child that looks like Jon too.

My theory of RLJ comes from the few descriptions we have read about Jon's mother but most importantly from the fact that Rhaegar was infatuated with Lyanna and kept her hostage. I can't remember if there is anyone alive who knows what happened in the tower where Lyanna was kept or the true circumstances of her death. Maybe she died giving birth to Jon.

While I think this theory is plausible and highly interesting, I am beginning to have my doubts. In the early chapters of ADwD, Jon definitely seems to be his father's true son (Ned Stark). Looking back, the books imply in several places that Jon has more of Ned in him than the rest of his children. Many of those qualities may also be Rhagar traits as well, so who knows at this point.

Dany's dream sequence in the House of the Undying point to a third Dragon head to be revealed. This could refer to Jon Snow, if he really is Lyanna's son, or this could mean some other Dragon. The Baratheon's are descendents of Targaryens, too many people seem to forget. One of them may qualify as a Dragon at some point. With all of Robert's Bastard's floating aroun Westeros, we could have a big unexpected surprise from GRRM yet.

Genetically speaking, black/brown hair & eyes are always dominant over blue/lavendar/blond hair & eyes.

The Targaryens have been able to keep their traits so pure by inbreeding - and I also agree thay have the blood of old Valyria. Additionally, the Lyseni and House Varlyon, as mentioned in earlier posts, undoubtedly come from old Valyria too.

So, if Lyanna as a Stark and Raeghar as a Targaryen had a child (Jon) the Stark coloring would dominate and Jon would have darker hair & darker eyes; as he does. He would also look like Ned as he is Lyanna's brother.

However, that doesn't really support the theory of RLJ does it? Ned could have had an affair w/a dark haired or even light haired woman and had a child that looks like Jon too.

My theory of RLJ comes from the few descriptions we have read about Jon's mother but most importantly from the fact that Rhaegar was infatuated with Lyanna and kept her hostage. I can't remember if there is anyone alive who knows what happened in the tower where Lyanna was kept or the true circumstances of her death. Maybe she died giving birth to Jon.

Howland Reed knows, as he was present in the Tower of Joy along with Ned Stark! That man is the most anticipated character ever. He needs to appear eventually, hopefully in Winds of Winter.

Jon has to be a Targaryen... I'll be very disapointed if all those clues turn out to be false alarm..

Howland Reed knows, as he was present in the Tower of Joy along with Ned Stark! That man is the most anticipated character ever. He needs to appear eventually, hopefully in Winds of Winter.

Jon has to be a Targaryen... I'll be very disapointed if all those clues turn out to be false alarm..

Thx for reminding me of that. Yes, bring on Howland Reed. Inquiring minds want to know.

I would really like to see Jon as a Targ, too. There's something very appealing about a Dany/Jon hook-up.

Thx for reminding me of that. Yes, bring on Howland Reed. Inquiring minds want to know.

I would really like to see Jon as a Targ, too. There's something very appealing about a Dany/Jon hook-up.

Whatever, Jon for King! If the show is somehow related to the books and the prophecies, the snow on the iron throne was quite intriguing!!!

Wow thats a lot of theories . I had to stop reading though as there seemed to be a few spoilers from futher on in the book's, So I don't know wether it has been asked before but if Jon, Arya and Bran, have all had theese warg dreams and then the actual skin changing, I assumed that was something that was in their blood or is it just because they have got Direwolves they can do this.

But then bran enters Hodor and he's not a wolf or is it all just a big coincedence.

Warging is in the blood of the First Men, as far as we know. They are the only ones we have seen do it. I think the magic of a direwolf and the strong emotional connection the Stark children made with direwolves contributed too. I think the more complex the mind, the harder it is to warg.

That is why Bran can enter Hodor (who is simple-minded), but as we saw through Varamyr warging a human--full of complex thoughts, beliefs, memories, ideas--is something so incredibly different. He can also enter Summer because he and Summer are so close. When Summer feels Bran slipping in, he accepts it because he has full trust in Bran, and it helps that the direwolves take on the personality of their owner.

Archived