Jon Snow marries Daenerys Targareyen

A Jon/Dany marriage only seems hackneyed and obvious to us because we are all so psychotically in love with these books that we spend time on messageboards discussing theories, possibilities, probabilities, and conjecture of what may, or may not be... we're all a little nutty. Granted, its a fun thing to be nutty over, but a Jon/Dany union shouldn't constitute a dissapointment.

Political marriage 3:

Dany, persuaded that Jon is indeed Rhaegar's son---in part because Tyrion, Ser Barristan, and Marwyn figure out what the blue flower vision from the HOTU means, seeks out Jon and insists on a marriage. Assumptions: Marwyn, using what he learned from Mirri as well as other things he learned in his travels in Essos, is able to put right what Mirri marred, and Dany rejects Aegon on the ground that he is the "mummer's dragon". Dany's motive: the restoration of her house and dynasty.

I can see that, but why would Jon accept that? If by "insisting" you mean Dany threatening Jon with her dragons, I still don't think why that should scare Jon. I think he will ride a dragon, and the third one will probably have a rider who is on Jon's side (Bran or Arya), so Dany threatening the North with her one dragon, when the North has two - that's not wise.

If Jon rejects being a Targ, he won't care about Dany needing to restore her family. If he accepts his Targ heritage, he won't need Dany to have a family of his own (not to mention the incest factor)

Dany loves leaders - men who will act fast and do whatever needs to be done. That pretty much describes Jon.

Jon loves badass women. I don't think anyone could deny that Dany fits that category.

It's that simple, folks.

The one she never even knew?

How does that in any way change the fact that she completely idolises him?

Sarcasm? Because I've seen this denied plenty of times by the the "she's no warrior" and "all she achieved was because she was gifted dragons for nothing" crowd.

Lol yeah my post was specifically aimed at them. The fact that Jon is interested in Val - who is clearly no more of a warrior than Daenerys is (Daenerys having, after all, used a whip as a weapon) - should show that he'd probably be into Dany.

Not exactly.

If Dany conquers Westeros, the throne is hers, and hers alone. She would no longer be using Aegon the Conqueror's lineage as a basis for inheritance - she would be using her own lineage.

Right, I didn't think of that.

Dany isn't badass, in fact I think if she didn't have dragons behind her people would continuously roll their eyes whenever she began mouthing off her titles.

I agree.

Dany isn't badass, in fact I think if she didn't have dragons behind her people would continuously roll their eyes whenever she began mouthing off her titles.

Dany chained up her dragons for months in ADwD and she still had followers, so your point is weak.

And titles are irrelevant to whether she's a "badass" anyway. I'd like to see anyone else jump into a fighting pit and start whipping a dragon that's trying to kill them - and let's be totally honest, Jon would 100% respect that (which is, y'know, my whole point).

Dany chained up her dragons for months in ADwD and she still had followers, so your point is weak.

And titles are irrelevant to whether she's a "badass" anyway. I'd like to see anyone else jump into a fighting pit and start whipping a dragon that's trying to kill them - and let's be totally honest, Jon would 100% respect that (which is, y'know, my whole point).

No your point is weak. Chaining up her dragons isn't the same as losing them, and it would be comical if her followers abandoned her if she caged them. They were still very much a feared trio in Essos.

And her followers aren't with her for her badassery lol, they're with her because they see her as a symbol of freedom and someone who gave them a better life. Mhysa etc.

Yeah, he would respect that. Then she would open her mouth.

Right on cue.

Walking into a fire, making it through the Red Waste, conquering big cities after starting with pretty much nothing in terms of followers and resources, riding a dragon - that's not enough apparently to be a badass. I don't get it.

Right on cue.

Walking into a fire, making it through the Red Waste, conquering big cities after starting with pretty much nothing in terms of followers and resources, riding a dragon - that's not enough apparently to be a badass. I don't get it.

Only sword fighting is badass!!!!

Duh she's a Targaryen/Valyrian, Valyrians were just shepherds until they got dragons.

Targs power started dropping when they lost their dragons, dragons define who they are.

Archived