Who will be King at the end of the series? (time capsule)

AegonTargaryen

I'm gonna bet on the dark horse and call Rikon Stark.

I know we haven't seen him since Osha split w/ him when Bran went off w/ the Reeds, but maybe the old gods ahve big plans in the future for him. Maybe he's a warg like Bran and the two Stark boys will be Daeny's dragon riders, Daeny and Bran get killed in retaking Westeros, and Rikon ends up king w/ Arya as Lady Commander of the Kings Guard and Jon Snow running the Night's Watch and Sansa ruling Winterfell. Damn that would be magnificent. Unlikely, but magnificent.

Queen Shireen.

Before Stannis dies fighting in the North, he get a promise from Jon Snow to win the Iron Throne for his daughter. Jon vs Dany for the final battle. Jon wins. Shireen get the Iron Throne. Jon goes back to Winterfell.

I just don't see Jon and Dany being at odds with each other. They are both good people who would be unlikely to fight each other.

I think it will be Bran. It just makes sense. Ultimate justice for House Stark and it follows Martins prejudace for people who are broken or otherwise mishappen. Jon Snow will be legitimized as a Stark through the revelation of his mother, we will be lead to believe he will be King, but he will die and Bran being his heir will ascend the throne. Just my opinion :)

Yeah, Bran would be another good guess, but Rikon has been gone for an entire novel. GRRM isn't likely to just let the youngesy Stark's story go untold or be of no consequence. I haven't read books 4 & 5 yet (obviously as i'm in the book 3 forum) but I've got a feeling Rikon will pop up in a major way near the end of the series.

Yeah, Bran would be another good guess, but Rikon has been gone for an entire novel. GRRM isn't likely to just let the youngesy Stark's story go untold or be of no consequence. I haven't read books 4 & 5 yet (obviously as i'm in the book 3 forum) but I've got a feeling Rikon will pop up in a major way near the end of the series.

I'd love to see this because Rikon was one of my favorite characters, he and Shaggydog. I picture adult Bran as a wiser and slightly darker Eddard (with awesome magical powers), and Rikon as something like a cross between wilding and King Robert. Maybe you hit the nail on the head. The Wild King Rikon with Bran as his Maester.

Possible that Aerys raped Lyanna (Jon Snow) and Rhaegar stole her away to the Tower of Joy to protect her from Aerys? Interesting. VERY interesting indeed....

lyanna is strong wolf girl. i dont think weak hyaena like aerys could overpower her. may be possible if she was tied to bed when mad king raped her.

may be its true. dany from rhaella, tyrion from joanna and jon from lyanna. all three mother sacrificed giving birth to child who in future holds the fate of the world.

I've finished Storm of Swords and have to change my tune a little. I think Tyrion will meet Daenys, they will fall in love, and he will be King. They are both lonely in totally opposite ways- Tyrion the grotesque imp, and Daeny, the very picture of hotness. Neither truly believing that anyone could love them for THEM. To me, it just ads up.

I've finished Storm of Swords and have to change my tune a little. I think Tyrion will meet Daenys, they will fall in love, and he will be King. They are both lonely in totally opposite ways- Tyrion the grotesque imp, and Daeny, the very picture of hotness. Neither truly believing that anyone could love them for THEM. To me, it just ads up.

Heh. If only that logic worked in reality. Interesting theory, and I wouldn't be unhappy if things did fall that way. However, I'm still keeping to my Rikon scenario. ;)

Heh. If only that logic worked in reality. Interesting theory, and I wouldn't be unhappy if things did fall that way. However, I'm still keeping to my Rikon scenario. ;)

:D I am cheating a little by factoring in that GRRM has pointed out a few times during interviews etc that Tyrion is his favorite character. That alone doesn't put it over the top, but imo its a good outside pick.

Oh please. Dany is completely shallow when it comes to men (I don't blame her, she is a 16 year old girl after all) and couldn't get past Tyron's grotesque appearance

Oh please. Dany is completely shallow when it comes to men (I don't blame her, she is a 16 year old girl after all) and couldn't get past Tyron's grotesque appearance

Will she still be 16 when they meet though? And I'd think her experiences with good looking (at least knightly) men would be somewhat formative of her tastes.

I hope the iron throne itself collapses ,and the " seven kingdoms" literally become kingdoms again, with the king in the north , the stormking etc.

The Targaryens built the throne, the Targaryens held the throne for some time, the Targaryens fell, as the throne itself should have. The seven original kingdoms should have been restored after Robert´s rebellion!!!!!!!!

{Edit: better readability}

Archived