Who will be King at the end of the series? (time capsule)

AegonTargaryen

It has to be a Targ. Martin said this was a story about a restoration.

O. Maybe it will be a restoration of the old kings when Dany gets eaten by a dragon. Nah.

I have absolutely no idea. Years ago I hoped the Children of the Forest would return, and claim Westeros. Silly me

Part of me hopes it will be Daenerys, because of all the plausible contenders she's one of the least-bad ones. No evidence so far that she actually has a clue how to rule a kingdom, though.

Stannis wouldn't be terrible. He knows what he's doing, and we know his claim's not at all motivated by personal gain.

To be honest, the breakup of the Seven Kingdoms seems inevitable to me. The rapid succession of conflicts following tWotU proves that no native Westerosi house will ever really have the entire realm's trust as kings. Dany should get the Crownlands as a consolation prize, though.

It has to be a Targ. Martin said this was a story about a restoration.

O. Maybe it will be a restoration of the old kings when Dany gets eaten by a dragon. Nah.

I have absolutely no idea. Years ago I hoped the Children of the Forest would return, and claim Westeros. Silly me

Restoration of the Others and COTF as rightful inhabitants of Westeros.

• 3 weeks later...

At some point i was sure that Sansa will be queen near the end.

Maybe Daenerys will take the throne , i don't know

orrrr Stannis , he is the rightful king!

But the contender is Petyr Baelish , he is the one that did everything in the series till now as we saw...:O

• 1 month later...

if sansa is going to be the queen at the end, tyrion will be the king. after all, they are married, unless one of them dies. i hope that won't happen because sansa is a stark and tyrion i like. also he is super smart and would make a good king (if he stops drinking so much). i think dany and her dragons will die in the battle with the white walkers, but will always be remembered as a hero, and jon will become the king of wildlings. and about bran i think he would replace that really old tree guy (can't remember the name haha) that is kind of mentoring him. in that case from his point of view martin could perhaps write what happend 100 years after the end, sort of like an epilouge. that's what i think now, after reading all 5 books :)

Archived