*spoilers* season 3 endings *spoilers*

DornishHighlander

Another reason why putting the Tyrion/Sansa wedding in the same episode as Edmure/Roslin is a very bad idea, is that we'd also miss Robb's reaction to the news, legitimizing Jon.

But couldn't they announce the potential marriage in like 6 or 7, and have Robb/Cat settle that then?

King's Landing is my favourite setting and I don't like what this seems to say about its season 3 plotline. Or rather, what plotline? If the Sansa/Tyrion wedding is as late as episode 8, there's no Purple Wedding and the Martells don't make an appearance, how is there going to be any suspense? Is it just the War for Sansa, plus wedding planning that doesn't even lead to the royal wedding announced in season 2, and vague RW hints?

My reaction for the T+S wedding was that Sansa was really out of order to Tyrion who has only treated her well, stopped Joffrey from humiliating her in the throne room and in the show at least (can't remember the book) sent the hound to save her.

Tyrion was planning to rape her. He decided not to go through with it only after he'd molested her. He did agree to have her married to him against her will when it was discovered she might escape through a Tyrell marriage she'd actually been consulted about; he accepted Tywin's offer that he could decide to (not be forced to) marry her and he kept it secret until the wedding day, when he gave her the last minute "choice" to marry another Lannister after she'd already been told she'd be married no matter what. IIRC, in the book the Hound saved her on his own, and Tyrion's concern was not Sansa's safety but what her treatment would mean for Jaime's safety; he didn't step in to stop her beatings until Joffrey took it too far and too public in the throne room. Tyrion deciding to marry and for a long time intending to go through with sex with the abused 12-year-old he himself called a child was one of his darkest pre-ADWD moments. There was nothing out of order about Sansa's response to her forced marriage - it's a sign of her compassion and kindness that she actually felt bad for one of her jailors having hurt his feelings. But surely Tyrion should act like the sensible adult here and recognise that the situation is far more humiliating and frightening for the child who's suddenly discovered that she's going to be dragged to the altar and, as far as anyone knows at that point, raped before the end of the day? IMO, the grown man's pride isn't more important than the child's right not to be sexually violated.

Tyrion/Sansa has to happen two episodes before the RW. It can't happen at the same time. What about Robb's will? They should make Tyrion/Sansa around episode 6, then Robb's will in episode 7, then the RW in episode 8. They'll have 2 episodes to put the PW, most preferably in 9.

Why? Seriously...I sort of thought Robb and Cat had to find out about Rickon and Brans deaths before they did their crazy actions but the show clearly didn't. Robb could disinherit her becuase he's heading North, has no real hope of rescuing her for the foreseeable future, and she is still technically his heir. The possibility that she might be married off is enough for him to theoretically disinherit her, not to mention the practical reality of needing someone who could theoretically lead an army after him. It also allows for Cat to get much more up in arms about the idea of cutting Sansa off. Robb can still want to legitimize Jon (if he in fact did it, he talked about it but we don't know for certain what he put in the will) with Sansa not being a Lannister...it just makes his decision to cut her off a good choice.

Haha, I think the audience will whine more about Dany not invading Westeros and the Others not showing up, than they will about Joff and Marg not getting married yet.

Really cause I think they will be spitting blood if Joffrey isn't dead by the end of three but Robb and Cat are AND Dany isn't headed towards Westeros.

Why? Seriously...I sort of thought Robb and Cat had to find out about Rickon and Brans deaths before they did their crazy actions but the show clearly didn't. Robb could disinherit her becuase he's heading North, has no real hope of rescuing her for the foreseeable future, and she is still technically his heir. The possibility that she might be married off is enough for him to theoretically disinherit her, not to mention the practical reality of needing someone who could theoretically lead an army after him. It also allows for Cat to get much more up in arms about the idea of cutting Sansa off. Robb can still want to legitimize Jon (if he in fact did it, he talked about it but we don't know for certain what he put in the will) with Sansa not being a Lannister...it just makes his decision to cut her off a good choice.

This is what I was getting at in my earlier post. The show hasn't hesitated to change Robb and Cat's motivations for other things, so why would they stop with the will? And compared to the whole Bran/Rickon fiasco, the will pales heavily in comparison.

King's Landing is my favourite setting and I don't like what this seems to say about its season 3 plotline. Or rather, what plotline? If the Sansa/Tyrion wedding is as late as episode 8, there's no Purple Wedding and the Martells don't make an appearance, how is there going to be any suspense? Is it just the War for Sansa, plus wedding planning that doesn't even lead to the royal wedding announced in season 2, and vague RW hints?

Tyrion was planning to rape her. He decided not to go through with it only after he'd molested her. He did agree to have her married to him against her will when it was discovered she might escape through a Tyrell marriage she'd actually been consulted about; he accepted Tywin's offer that he could decide to (not be forced to) marry her and he kept it secret until the wedding day, when he gave her the last minute "choice" to marry another Lannister after she'd already been told she'd be married no matter what. IIRC, in the book the Hound saved her on his own, and Tyrion's concern was not Sansa's safety but what her treatment would mean for Jaime's safety; he didn't step in to stop her beatings until Joffrey took it too far and too public in the throne room. Tyrion deciding to marry and for a long time intending to go through with sex with the abused 12-year-old he himself called a child was one of his darkest pre-ADWD moments. There was nothing out of order about Sansa's response to her forced marriage - it's a sign of her compassion and kindness that she actually felt bad for one of her jailors having hurt his feelings. But surely Tyrion should act like the sensible adult here and recognise that the situation is far more humiliating and frightening for the child who's suddenly discovered that she's going to be dragged to the altar and, as far as anyone knows at that point, raped before the end of the day? IMO, the grown man's pride isn't more important than the child's right not to be sexually violated.

That is unfair to Tyrion on so many levels. I really hate the way every one throws around the r-word around Tyrion, completely ignoring the context of things, especially here when he did everything he could to be kind to Sansa and to try and stop the wedding.

But off-topic anyway.

Two things:

1. As to what will happen in KL all season since the T+S wedding isn't till E8, my prediction is they will focus a lot more than the book did on Joff continuing to abuse Sansa this season. The LF/Sansa scene at the end of S2 sort of sets that up. Also, Tyrion will make more gestures to defend Sansa from Joff. Tywin will notice this and get the idea for this marriage in order to get Joffrey from (again) ruining their link to the Starks.

2. It's possible that the filming of the T+S wedding was a "big affair" with a ton of extras because they are filming the two KL weddings in conjunction with each other to save production costs. Obviously there are differences and the PW is much bigger, but it could be a cost-saving exercise to film them both at once as well as "smoke-and-mirrors" to throw us off.

Two things:

1. As to what will happen in KL all season since the T+S wedding isn't till E8, my prediction is they will focus a lot more than the book did on Joff continuing to abuse Sansa this season. The LF/Sansa scene at the end of S2 sort of sets that up. Also, Tyrion will make more gestures to defend Sansa from Joff. Tywin will notice this and get the idea for this marriage in order to get Joffrey from (again) ruining their link to the Starks.

2. It's possible that the filming of the T+S wedding was a "big affair" with a ton of extras because they are filming the two KL weddings in conjunction with each other to save production costs. Obviously there are differences and the PW is much bigger, but it could be a cost-saving exercise to film them both at once as well as "smoke-and-mirrors" to throw us off.

I completely agree with 2. As for 1, maybe but very dangerous if they aren't going to end the season with Joffrey dying.

I completely agree with 2. As for 1, maybe but very dangerous if they aren't going to end the season with Joffrey dying.

As to 1, I agree and am still hoping for the PW in E10 of S3. But, I also could see them doing it as the first episode of S4... kind of reminds me of season 5 of 24, when David Palmer was assassinated in the season premiere.

he did everything he could to be kind to Sansa and to try and stop the wedding.

This is not true.

But off-topic anyway.

But this is. :P

If they were fiming the two KL weddings simulatneously, we'd know. The contents of every scene with dozens of extras gets leaked some way or another.

I'd abandon hope of seeing the PW this season.

Really cause I think they will be spitting blood if Joffrey isn't dead by the end of three but Robb and Cat are AND Dany isn't headed towards Westeros.

That is the book. Other than radically diverging from teh source material they can't change that.

GOT the tv show will IMO lose all steam at the end of series 4 as Joffrey and Tywin are both dead along with Rob and the war between the Starks and Lannisters are over.

Let's enjoy the adaptation while it lasts and then look forward to the end of the story when GRRM is ready to publish.

If they were fiming the two KL weddings simulatneously, we'd know. The contents of every scene with dozens of extras gets leaked some way or another.

I'd abandon hope of seeing the PW this season.

I wouldn't say "abandon hope," at least not until filming ends...although again, from a budgetary perspective, it makes no sense to blow a bunch of money on Tyrion and Sansa's wedding if they're also going to have to pay for the Purple Wedding in the same season, unless they doubled up on filming, which I agree is unlikely.

Blowing a bunch of money on Tyrion and Sansa's wedding makes no sense in any event, since it's supposed to be this makeshift quickie wedding that Sansa couldn't have learned about before the fact and not a Will/Kate-level event with legions of guests, so I have no idea what the showrunners are thinking, unless the Season 3 KL arc is being substantially altered. Why spend money when they don't have to?

ETA: I found a thread on Oh No They Didn't where a poster (who doesn't watch the show) who was an extra at the Tyrion/Sansa wedding talked a bit about the experience. No spoilers, really, except there were long days filming, and Sansa's wedding dress is "big, green, huge." So I guess they're still going with the last-minute wedding bait and switch; since the TV show has dropped the detail that wedding gowns are ivory in Westeros (which is apparently the case in the books as well), it would make sense that Sansa wouldn't twig to something being off if her new gown was green and not ivory. (The Lannisters having a big wedding ceremony where they marry Sansa off to a Lannister while wearing Tyrell colours instead of the standard ivory: so evil! I love it!) Or maybe she knows that there's a big wedding being planned but believes for some reason it's somebody else's. It always seemed weird to me in the books that Sansa was thrilled about her ivory gown without realizing it was a wedding dress.

I'm also interested in the dress being described as "huge" (even in comparison to the gowns worn by the other female characters, I guess). Is it going to be some Princess Diana hoop skirt meringue craziness with a long train? Because that would be awesome. God, the wedding's going to be such a trainwreck. I can't wait.

While I don`t think this will happen It could be that the RW and PW might take place in the same episode lets say 8 or 9 maybe both with a longer running time that way its a double whammy leaving more time for Jamie, Arya,Hound, Jon, etc, etc, and that nasty ass cross-bow Tyrion will use to help Tywin relive his constipation.... while this might be impossible in this time frame, Little Finger didn`t have any problems criss crossing Westeros in so short a time did he?

Two things:

Completly agree with number 2. Shooting both weedings together they could save some money. Althought, It doesn't means tht PW will be in seson 3. I remenber that last year there was a rumour that they were going to shoot seasons 3 and 4 together.

And in seaon 4 they are going to need money to shoot the battle for the Wall

That is the book. Other than radically diverging from teh source material they can't change that.

No, it's not. In the third book, Joffrey dies. In the third season, Joffrey should die as well.

Let's enjoy the adaptation while it lasts and then look forward to the end of the story when GRRM is ready to publish.

This statement is the reason why we think differently, I'm afraid. You care about the books, first and foremost, and you see the TV series as a nice complement to the books, a diversion to enjoy while we wait for more books. ("let's enjoy it while it lasts...")

On the other hand, I see the TV series as an entity on itself, a potentially good one that should work on its own. And I want the TV series to be good, and to tell a complete story.

If they're really intending for 2 seasons of (mostly) ASoS material, I simply cannot imagine all 3 weddings being lumped-together over the course of 3-4 ep. in the first of them.

Tyrion's escape is an obvious ep. 9 friendly TV cliffhanger; his first ADwD chapter can appear in ep. 10. I can't see his trial encompassing the entirety of season 4. The PW must happen in season 4. They can easily foreshadow Joff's coming fate to keep fans anger down through Mel/Stannis dialogue in ep. 10 i.e. after the RW, 2 kings have fallen as she prophesied, then cut to a shot of Joff.

Archived