Okay, so you're Robb Stark ...

YouKnowNothing.

I'd have probably done everything the same, except when Grey Wind freaks out at the Crossing I'd have used my knowledge of the 8 billion times an animal has freaked out in a story before and gone: "Hmmm...yeah, no, I'm good...flip a bitch ya'll! I know cliched give-away foreshadowing when I see it." :P

If it hadn't been for Grey Wind's freak out I'd've actually been pretty oblivious and shocked at the RW...but the age-old "Animal's sensing bad shit before it happens" was a dead give away that yousa people gonna die.

1) Send a small task force to rescue Sansa. (like when Barristan rescued Aerys from Darry) The Blackfish would lead the rescue.

2) Send forces to locate Arya.

3) Fortify the North.

4) Leave most if not all of Karstark's forces in Winterfell

5) Keep Sansa and/or Arya in Riverrun.

6) Marry Walder's daughter

7) March on the Reach

8) Smash Renly

9) Wait for Stannis,send food from the Reach to the North

10) Smash Stannis

11) Use the Manderly fleet and the Redwyne fleet and the position of the Reach to cut off or at least hold back the Iron Islands

12) March on Kings Landing(possible using the Redwyne fleet or Stannis' captured fleet to take the Blackwater as I lay the city)

13) Kill Tywin, Jaime, Cersei, Tyrion, Tommen, Kevan, Lance, Joffrey, every knight of the Kingsguard including Barristan but except Balon, Varys and Littlefinger

14) Demand Myrcella's head from Dorne

15) Ice

16) Hold the throne for Jon who is Rhaegar's son, make him Lord of the Five Kingdoms

17) Go back to Winterfell,make it the seat of the King In The North and the Riverlands

And Tywin Lannister would just sit and take this? Don't make me laugh.

Marry Arianne Martell, unite with Dorne and crush Lannisteers, leave Renly and Stannis to their quarrels...

How does the Dorne army get around those flowery guys in the Reach? It's bee established they hate each other, and having 50000 dornish spears cross the Reach might not be a good idea regardless of where they're going...

That is almost certainly impossible, and based on wishful thinking rather than the appropriate lore, and even then it's quite wrong.

Robb would never have won alone anyway and neither Stannis nor Renly were willing to treat as they both stated so this whole thread is wishful thinking.

If I was Robb, then as soon as Ned was beheaded, I would have Marched on King's Landing. I'd take everyone's head, including Jaime Lannister. Then I'd wait on Renly or Stannis to get there and discuss terms. I did win his throne for them so I would expect the North, and Tywin Lannisters head.

This.

• I would have done everything the same up until he sent Theon and Cat away.
  • I would have involved Edmure in my plans.
  • The Ironborn were going to attack anyways so that is inevitable, I'll just have to deal with them once I'm done with the Lannisters.
  • Having involved Edmure in my plans that would have brought he wouldn't have attacked Tywin's forces and let them cross that still have Roose take Harrenhal to keep Tywin from being able to fall back to there.
  • I would have waited two days before sending Cat to Bitterbridge which could have possibly worked out better for her in winning them over talking to the big oaf Mace instead of Renly. Possibly a marriage between Edmure and Margaery, I know he's not a King but combining the Reach and Riverlands would be a big power move.
  • Smashing the Lannisters with the help of The Reach I would then use the Redwyne Fleet to sail on the Iron Islands and best them at home. as I march North to take care of my home lands.
  • I would spilt up the majority of my forces between the Blackfish, Randyll Tarly, and Garlan Tyrell to cut off King's Landing from the rest of them realm via the Kingsroad, the Goldroad, and the Roseroad.
  • With my Northernmen all marching back home I would have one of the Glover brothers and Cat with a small force to the Vale to see if we can have another go at an alliance. If successful, part of the forces will head North to join me then rest will join up with the Blackfish on the Kingsroad.
  • After my wedding to the Frey girl (more then likely Roslin) I would send word to White Harbor to send reinforcements to meet up behind the part of my force that will head to the Neck to meet up with the Cranogmen to flank the Ironborn at Moat Cailin as the main part marches north and waits.
  • Then its just cleaning out the Ironborn from my land letting most of my men return home to they families and taking any fresh men with me back south to deal with everything down there.

Robb would never have won alone anyway and neither Stannis nor Renly were willing to treat as they both stated so this whole thread is wishful thinking.

Robb definetly could have won alone if not for the ironborn, they are the reason he is dead, if he keeps theon his situation would be much better.

It made sense to Balon because he was blinded by revenge but yes. Holy jeez that was a huge twist. I definitely didn't wanna be Robb when he heard that...

But from Robb's perspective, Balon has no more reason to have him as he does to hate Stannis and Tywin, that are very much alive, nor Robert. Although of course sending Theon away was stupid, since it gave Balon the option of doing it, which wouldn't exist otherwise.

But from Robb's perspective, Balon has no more reason to have him as he does to hate Stannis and Tywin, that are very much alive, nor Robert. Although of course sending Theon away was stupid, since it gave Balon the option of doing it, which wouldn't exist otherwise.

Ned and Robert were the leaders against the Greyjoy Rebellion, and Balon vowed to outlive both of them, so he hated those two more than the others. I didn't wanna be Robb because in terms of where the Iron Islands are in relation to how fast Robb's army can move back to the North...Balon was right in believing it to be unprotected and ripe for the taking, and plus there is that thought of "Why call yourself King in the North when you can't protect the North?"

Robb's plans....meet wrench

I really think some people are overestimating the tyrellisters, if there is no red wedding all robb has to do is survive untill tyrion puts that bolt into his fathers bowels, the tyrells begin undermining the lannisters as soon as they get the chance. No ironborn invasion robb doesnt have to turn back, jaime stays in riverunn, Lord manderly and ser rodrick can build him another army of at least 20,000, and instead of dispatching men into the riverlands randyl has to go liberate the west from the northmen.

Also invading the north gains him nothing absolutly nothing.

Would Tyrion have shot his father if circumstances had been different, though? Of all of the key events, that one seemed like one of the least orchestrated. The main catalyst was also Jaime being in Kings Landing at just that moment, which required Cat, Brienne, and Roose Bolton to have taken specific actions that also might have been altered.

Ned and Robert were the leaders against the Greyjoy Rebellion, and Balon vowed to outlive both of them, so he hated those two more than the others. I didn't wanna be Robb because in terms of where the Iron Islands are in relation to how fast Robb's army can move back to the North...Balon was right in believing it to be unprotected and ripe for the taking, and plus there is that thought of "Why call yourself King in the North when you can't protect the North?"

Robb's plans....meet wrench

Stannis was the one the crushed the Iron Fleet. Tywin certainly played a role in it, probably financing the whole deal.

Not to mention attacking Robb goes directly against his own interest: any idiot sees the Iron Islands best chances for independence are in allying with the one guy who's fighting for freedom from the Iron Throne.

Although, of course, it is any idiot that isn't named Balon Greyjoy.

Also, Robb has more than enough men to defeat the Ironborn without even needing to go North, and Balon would know that from Theon. Indeed, without Ramsay's betrayal, that's exactly what would have happened.

Plus, everything E-Ro says.

Would Tyrion have shot his father if circumstances had been different, though? Of all of the key events, that one seemed like one of the least orchastrated. The main catalyst was also Jaime being in Kings Landing at just that moment, which required Cat, Brienne, and Roose Bolton to have taken specific actions that also might have been altered.

Well, there's that well-fundamented theory that Oberyn poisoned Tywin- he would have died anyway.

I would keep the family together, including Theon, keep the Tullys informed so mistakes happened, keep a close eye on my un-trust worthy allies and continue destroying Lannister armies one by one until I could unify all of my forces and take Casterly rock and capture the most important Lannisters and use them to get Sansa back or execute the bastards. Then hopefully live out my days as king in the North.

I would just have fucked that westerling girl and never married here, Walder Frey never seemed like a man you should cross.

I would've retreated to Moat Cailin, married the Frey gril on the way, and camped out the war, while strengthening my sea forces just in case.

I also would've tried to reason with my Aunt to strengthen the Riverlands, perhaps try and marry Tully to Arryn, but that seems like an impossible task =P

From there I also could've answered Jon's cry for help on the wall.

Well, there's that well-fundamented theory that Oberyn poisoned Tywin- he would have died anyway.

That he had already poisoned him before Oberyn himself was killed? I know that this was part of the Martell agenda, but Doran had meant to "strip him of all that he held most dear" first according to his coversation with Arianne. I am still reading aDwD, so there might be some later reveal that I have missed, but is there a link to a discussion on this topic?

If I am Robb I would takes Jaime Lannister back to Winterfell. Let Tywin come to north for his son. I would still declare my self king in the north. if any one has a problem come meet me in the north!

This would mean leaving the Riverlands and House Tully to their fate. In the long term, this might have been the best option - the Trident as part of a "Northern" kingdom would be unsustainable since unlike the North the Riverlands are completely open to attack

Perhaps advising the Riverlords to declare for Renly or Stannis after capturing Jaime would be the best option, while the Northmen could still have me as their King. But this would have been awkward after they had already joined that rousing moment and shouted "King in the North!" so I probably wouldn't do it :blushing:

In that case, I go West after defeating Jaime (assuming Grey Wind finds the secret path), like in the books. But unlike in the books, I keep Theon close and don't let the Riverlords return to their keeps, instead commanding them to remain with Edmure and defend Riverrun. I send some respected warriors as envoys to Balon, with orders to adress him as "Your Grace" at all times, and offering a marriage alliance as well as mutual independence. I will also try to find an honorable excuse to send Harrion Karstark home, sending Rickard the message that I care about his loss and the future of his House.

Anyway, When Tywin hears I have struck West and defeated the new Host at Oxcross, he will undoubtedly move to defend the West. So he will have to leave Harrenhall.

At this point, Edmure (as part of the prior plan made by me, him, and the Blackfish) will send a raven to Roose Bolton, ordering him to take Harrenhall from the Lannister garrison. This would be assumed to be costly and bloody, but worth it to gain the strongest castle in the Riverlands and trap Tywin from KL (assuming he can't go South without allying with the Tyrells, he'd have to go through Harrenhall to reach the capitol right?). Luckily, Roose makes a cunning plan of his own to take Harrenhall with practically no losses by bribing Vargo Hoat. There's no way Vargo will actually become Lord of Harrenhall - if he survives long enough for me to actually meet him, I will simply say that the promise was Lord Bolton's, not mine, and then execute him for his crimes. Who's going to miss the Goat? :devil:

So, assuming this all goes according to plan Tywin will be trapped between the armies at Riverrun and Harrenhall, while I sack castles, raid gold mines, and ravage villages with impunity in the West. Unfortunately, this is when I start to meet some misfortune. Balon would probably still invade the North even if Theon remained a nominal hostage, and Renly's murder by Stannis/Mel would allow Tywin to meet up/align with the Tyrells in the Reach and escape my trap bloodied but not broken. At this point I can't say what I would hypothetically do. Marrying a Frey girl at either the Golden Tooth or Riverrun would be ideal. I would consider the merits of bending the knee to the Iron Throne rather than fighting a two front war (Robb was irresponsible to refuse to even entertain the notion). However, in this scenario I would still have Winterfell, the Kingslayer in chains, and the Freys as allies. :cool4:

So, the main differences are:

-keep Theon close

-don't disperse the Riverlords and try to protect everywhere at once

-nip the Karstark problem in the bud

-make use of the infantry under Roose Bolton

-focus on wreaking havoc and plundering in the West, just like Tywin's dogs did along the Trident

Archived