Where is Daenerys going?

LaroC

I'm sorry, but I hope Dany never makes it to Westeros. I would think Martin is a literary genius, if he built her up the way he has, just to have her die without ever reaching Westeros. She doesn't deserve to have any impact on Westeros. The only true ruler is Stannis. Dany would just be a usurper.

You're joking right?! How can Stannis be the one true king? His brother took the Iron Throne by force, not heritage, so he is just the brother of a previous usurper... That argument strikes me as a bit ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, Ilike Stannis a bit, but the one true ruler... puh!!!

i hope she will go to vaes dothrak. I want the bold and the rest to finish everything before she gets beack to mereen and destroys everything because of being to bloody damn nice and i cant let anyone die thinking. Drogon will be eating lots of horse

She will play a major role in the final shake-up of Westeros, although she could ultimately not achieve her goal.

I could see Jon, son of Rheagar and leader of a united North, allied with Stannis in order to defeat Aegon. Dany, receiving information that slaves throughout Essos will fight for her, begins to fulfill a quest to end slavery in Essos. Dany eventually conquers all Essos with Jon being the survivor and becoming King in Westeros. When Dany finds that Jon is her oldest brothers son, she allies with him to unite both Essos and Westeros.

"To go forward, you must go back."

I think The Mother of Dragons will return to Vaes Dothrak to become the most powerful member of the dosh khaleen and eventually rise to a position the Dothraki have never seen. In my 3rd time through AGOT I almost dropped the book when Vaes Dothrak was said to be big enough to house all the Dothraki khalasars at one time. I don't think it's a coincidence that all the khalasars can be united in a single place, I think it's a contingency plan. So far, Dany has seen Vaes Dothrak as a retirement home that she doesn't want to be stuck in. But Vaes Dothrak has to have another purpose. I think Dany can unite all the khalasars and turn the Dothraki into a group with a purpose and focus it has never had. From there? Westeros?

Are you joking? You think that danny a goddess reborn needs to rise in the dosh kahleen?

Pfffft. Yeah right. The kahlasar is not her answer. Her path leads beneath the shadow to go forward she must go back. Back to braavos to the house with the little red door and pentos and then back to westros to claim her right to wield the sword against the darkness and to lead her dragons against the others. Obviously that's why they were raised from stone. To melt the ice.

Are you joking? You think that danny a goddess reborn needs to rise in the dosh kahleen?

Pfffft. Yeah right. The kahlasar is not her answer. Her path leads beneath the shadow to go forward she must go back. Back to braavos to the house with the little red door and pentos and then back to westros to claim her right to wield the sword against the darkness and to lead her dragons against the others. Obviously that's why they were raised from stone. To melt the ice.

You know someone disagreeing with you doesn't make them stupid. But beyond that I personally agree with the post you quoted because I feel it has been foreshadowed a lot. Dany continually refers to her dragons as the only children she will ever have, though her last chapter casts some doubt upon her infertility. Her son was also said to be the stallion that mounts the world, I believe this is Drogon. There are many references to the Dothraki being united, including the fact that Vaes Dothrak is large enough to house all the khalasars. Dany is also currently confronted by Mago in the Dothraki sea, and there obviously has to be some sort of resolution to this. It seems likely to me that Drogon will burn Mago and the Dothraki will bow down to Dany.

Selmy will destroy the Yunkish but the Pale Mare will be the victor in the end if it goes unchecked. But they key is to get control of the dragons if three dragons, a few thousand Unsullied, Dorthaki and freedmen attack Westros she will take the Iron Throne she just has to leave Slavers Bay!

You know someone disagreeing with you doesn't make them stupid. But beyond that I personally agree with the post you quoted because I feel it has been foreshadowed a lot. Dany continually refers to her dragons as the only children she will ever have, though her last chapter casts some doubt upon her infertility. Her son was also said to be the stallion that mounts the world, I believe this is Drogon. There are many references to the Dothraki being united, including the fact that Vaes Dothrak is large enough to house all the khalasars. Dany is also currently confronted by Mago in the Dothraki sea, and there obviously has to be some sort of resolution to this. It seems likely to me that Drogon will burn Mago and the Dothraki will bow down to Dany.

He obviously isn't stupid...I thought that post was very well thought out and a great indication. I just disagree with it. As much as it'd be interesting. I think rising in the dothraki would take a long time. But taking the dothraki to asshai maybe? But with all the foreshadowing ,unless it was meant to throw us off, she will probably reach the shadow to touch the light. That being she may Free the slaves and be a mother and a godess the world needs to heal its wounds.

Where is Dany going? Just as her relatives have, Daenerys Stormborn is going crazy.

Give it a rest? There are a lot of same Targs!: Alysanne, Jahaerys I and II, Viserys I and II AND III, Daeron I and II, Aegon I,II,III,IV,V and VI, Rhaegar...

• 2 weeks later...

He obviously isn't stupid...I thought that post was very well thought out and a great indication. I just disagree with it. As much as it'd be interesting. I think rising in the dothraki would take a long time. But taking the dothraki to asshai maybe? But with all the foreshadowing ,unless it was meant to throw us off, she will probably reach the shadow to touch the light. That being she may Free the slaves and be a mother and a godess the world needs to heal its wounds.

I had really hoped for this, going east so far you come out on the west, but I was unable to reconcile it with GRRM's comments that we wouldn't go any farther east then we had already been except in flashbacks. I guess we differ where I see Dany's rise in the dothraki only take a day, that is for the dosh khaleen to accept her, having every khalasar come together would obviously take time.

Aryagonnakill:

She does not need every khalasar yet; just enough to defeat the Volantenes when they reach Meereen. That will, I think, finally give her enough ships to get her and the unsullied, et al to Westeros. Perhaps with stops on the way in Volantis and Pentos. Once she hears from Tyrion about Illyrio and Aegon, it seems likely that she will want to have Drogon roast the fat man's ass. Illyrio took a huge risk in telling Tyrion what he did and making clear his connection to Aegon.

I was just comparing it to the last time she rose in the dothraki. I guess circumstances are different now though she has dragons and no need to feast on a horse heart. He did say we most likely won't see asshai. But I can hope and dream we will! Ever since book one I've wanted her to go to asshai and get this prophecy straightened out!

I hate her I hope she dies..... Sorry but she's boring half the ppl around her r cool but she's killing me

You're crazy, GRRM didn't make her one of the most important characters in the entire series just to kill her off however.

She's going to be way more interesting in the last 2 books, and it will either end with some sad, dramatic death, or a Grand Victory.

As much as I love her, I feel she will die in the last book, idk why :(

• 4 weeks later...

By the of aDwD she is in the Grass Sea, with Drogon, meetin Khal Jhaqo. So, my guess is that she is going to kill Jaqho and retrieve her khalasar. Ok...so, after that, she will go back to Merreen, at least to get her other dragons back.

So, after that, where is she going? She will go straight to Westeros, or is she marching to Volantis? That would be no sense at all in her mission as "chain breaker" if she leaves Volantis as it is...

And there is still what Quaithe prophesied first:

"To go north, you must journey south, to reach the west you must go east. To go forward you must go back and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow"

So, i'm a little lost by now. They where in Qarth when she sad that, so Dany has already gone south and east, right? So now she has to go back. To Mereen, to Westeros, to Pentos?

And pass beneath the shadow.. what does this mean? Beneath the Wall? or is it Asshai?

Probably dany will return to Meereen at the head of Khal Jhaqo's khalasar, and then she'll defeat the Harpy's sons, find and kill the Harpy, and then gain the allegiance of the Second Sons and the Iron Fleet through her power with the dragons, and that she'll end up in control of all of slaver's bay by the end of the book. Most likely she'll then set sail for Westeros with a massive army, and then her last POV chapter in TWOW will be her landing on the shores of Westeros (that'll set the board for her conquest of Westeros and battle against the Others in ADOS). Just a thought, mind you.

hodorhodorhodorhodorhodorhodor

I'd like to think that she will rally all of the khalasars and return to the aftermath of meereen, where tyrion and jorah have found their way to barristan's side. I ihope that Victarion will die and end up simply being a way to get Dany the dragon horn so she can harness her dragons, I really don't want to deal with rescuing Rhaegal and Viserion, but there probably is more to his story than just that. After that, I think shes going to go to Volantis, Pentos, Braavos etc., based on all of the buildup around the free cities in the last 2 books, especially with the widow in Volantis. George mentioned we'll also learn about Valyria so maybe that is somehow involved with her plot as well, and I also agree that she will probably land in westeros at the book's end.

Archived