Wiki 'Mistakes'

The BlackBear

From the Aeron Greyjoy page:

Aeron spent the rest of the rebellion as a prisoner of the Lannisters, but he was later returned to the Iron Islands. He came back a changed man. Due to his near-death experience he underwent a spiritual reawakening, and dedicated himself to the worship of the Drowned God. He became hard, humorless, and ascetic, living as a hermit on the beach, spreading the word of their god, and became known primarily by his new name, Damphair

I'm pretty saw that Theon mentions receiving a letter from his father which states Aeron went down in a storm and came back holy. To me that implies he didn't become the Damphair as a result of Fair Isle but a later event?

He himself mentions his pissing contests in the dungeons which would further back that up?

From the Aeron Greyjoy page:

Aeron spent the rest of the rebellion as a prisoner of the Lannisters, but he was later returned to the Iron Islands. He came back a changed man. Due to his near-death experience he underwent a spiritual reawakening, and dedicated himself to the worship of the Drowned God. He became hard, humorless, and ascetic, living as a hermit on the beach, spreading the word of their god, and became known primarily by his new name, Damphair

I'm pretty saw that Theon mentions receiving a letter from his father which states Aeron went down in a storm and came back holy. To me that implies he didn't become the Damphair as a result of Fair Isle but a later event?

He himself mentions his pissing contests in the dungeons which would further back that up?

You are right. Aeron was still holding pissing contests while imprisoned, something which he no longer did after having drowned and being brought back.

This is the Theon quote you were thinking of:

A memory prodded at Theon. in one of his rare curt letters, Lord Balon had written of his youngest brother going down in a storm, and turning holy when he washed up safe on shore.

ACOK, Theon I, chapter 11

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Dayne

What is the Dayne family tree based on? In my opinion, we only know that Arthur was the younger brother of Edric's father. Everything else seems to be speculation. Maybe Ashara was older than Edric's father or Allyria older than Arthur (although this isn't very likely, since she was betrothed to Dondarrion, who was born in 276 or 277). So if there are no further indications, there should be a note about the family tree being partially based on speculations.

Jaehaerys I Targaryen is called the "first-born child of King Aenys I". I don't know how "official" the sources concerning his siblings are, but at least his sister Rhaena is already in the wiki with her year of birth before that of Jaehaerys.

Jaehaerys I is the third son of King Aenys I, as was revealed when GRRM read from "The World of Ice and Fire" in Aug.

Rhaena is mentioned in both "The Rogue Prince" and "The Princess and the Queen" as being a wife of Maegor I, as Jaehaerys I was only 14 when he succeded Maegor, she is definitely older then Jaehaerys.

The book is to be released 28 Oct for everyone

Jaehaerys I Targaryen is called the "first-born child of King Aenys I". I don't know how "official" the sources concerning his siblings are, but at least his sister Rhaena is already in the wiki with her year of birth before that of Jaehaerys.

Yeah, Jaehaerys was the thirdborn son, but we only have semi-canon sources about this (reading from the World Book, and previews from World Book).

The world book can be used as source after october, but until then, we shouldn't make such statements on the wiki.

• 1 month later...

Archived