What one thing would you improve in the tv series in season 3 if you could!

The Hound of Ulster

I dunno if anyones started a thread asking this question but what one thing would you like to see improve from the previous seasons. There's only one thing i would try and improve and thats the dipiction of the Direwolves, in the books they are in-depth characters and you know what each wolf is called and there very different personalities they also have physical aspects to them such as hunting and fighting other packs/animals or tearing throats out (greywind). My main problem with GOT wolves (in season 2 mainly) although they looked fantastic there was a severe lack of interaction between the stark kids and their wolves i.e. John hasnt one scene where ghost is near he was only ever shouting his name as ghost went to hunt n such. Also summer and bran are incredibly close in the books and they seemed to be going that way in season 1 but since the cgi wolves have come in the wolves have become increasingly distant. I understand about budget and all that jazz but i would sooner have the dogs back mixed with some cgi than just solely cgi.

Well Jon Snow is going to be surrounded by wildings and there are other wargs there so I assume they'll put that relationship on screen more. The problem with season 2 was that they had too much to cram into 10 episodes so I think seasons 3 and 4 will be much better balanced as they can allow some storylines to flow a lot easier.

I havent really looked into this but why change some of the names of character's, its beyond me.

Its only a small thing but the Lannisters had goldenish hair in season 1.....what happened to Tyrion and Jaime's hair. Jaime I understand as its grimy but even into end of S1 it was more brown than blond. Tommen's hair in season 2 was pretty brown as well as was most of Tywin's Lannister cousins. Small thing I know but hey.

John hasnt one scene where ghost is near he was only ever shouting his name as ghost went to hunt n such. Also summer and bran are incredibly close in the books and they seemed to be going that way in season 1 but since the cgi wolves have come in the wolves have become increasingly distant. I understand about budget and all that jazz but i would sooner have the dogs back mixed with some cgi than just solely cgi.

Maybe someone noted it , but I think, once the production moved to Iceland, for some reason Ghost disappeared. I don't know if this was difficulty for the VFX people or budget or what. It was odd not to catch a single glimpse.

Never was explained.

Speaking of CGI , I know about green screens, and it makes sense to have have prop baby dragons, but from the panel interview Richard Madden's mention of a gold ball on a stick for a 'target' Grey Wind seems odd to me.

I remember the cometary for Lord of Rings where an extra said when he had his arm sliced off he thought he would be wearing a blue sleeve... but Weta CGI told him he need nothing they would do the VFX ... that was , what 10 years ago?, and CGI must have progressed greatly since then.

Weta a more sophisticated CGI company than Pixomondo?

Agree for Lannister's hair and direwolves...

I'd also wish there would be more episodes where they dont try to include all the characters.

Weta a more sophisticated CGI company than Pixomondo?

Of course, Pixomondo's not ILM, Weta or Pixar...

I guess there are going to be loads of people saying that, but i wish they would stick more to the books.

Season 1 was a Watchmen-like adaptation, Season 2 much less so. So I prey they do not continue on that slope, eventually reaching a Wanted-like adaptation in a few seasons, where the story and characters hardly have anything to do with the originals.

Don't get me wrong, I know you just can't translate a book into TV, and I am totally fine with minor changes, stuff being altogether skipped, and hell - i don't quite see the point, but i can live with characters being renamed.

But stuff like the Qarth coup, which serve close to no purpose imo, are dangerous changes.

I agree that they shouldn't feel the need to have all the characters in every episodes. Let individual characters get more screentime each episode. This will probably be solved by them splitting ASOS, since then they won't need to cram in so much plot.

More Ros....

:leaving:

Just kidding. Have it so the characters are not in all the episodes with short scenes, but rather in less episodes with longer scenes. I think that will work much better in the long run

As mentioned, I think a lot of issues can be solved by changing the episode format from jumping around to 7-8 storylines and reducing that to 4-5. This will solve a lot of the pacing issues. The episode structure in Season 2 contributed to the season feeling both "rushed" as well as that there was a lot of "treading water" at the same time which would appear to be contradictory. The problem was that we did not get to stay long enough with characters in each episode and the jumping back and forth made it hard to really connect with that episode's particular story arc.

One of the reasons that Season 1 came off so well is because things were not jumping all over the place for the most part and each episode had room to breathe. This was helped by the fact that GoT is a novel that is less sprawling and more concentrated than ACOK. SOS has around the same amount of concurrent storylines as ACOK and they would be better off shelving the format of needing to check in on so many of them throughout the hour and simply sideline some characters for 1 or 2 episodes before returning to them and then allowing a bigger amount of episode time be devoted to them.

I guess there are going to be loads of people saying that, but i wish they would stick more to the books.

Season 1 was a Watchmen-like adaptation, Season 2 much less so. So I prey they do not continue on that slope, eventually reaching a Wanted-like adaptation in a few seasons, where the story and characters hardly have anything to do with the originals.

Don't get me wrong, I know you just can't translate a book into TV, and I am totally fine with minor changes, stuff being altogether skipped, and hell - i don't quite see the point, but i can live with characters being renamed.

But stuff like the Qarth coup, which serve close to no purpose imo, are dangerous changes.

^ This.

Have it so the characters are not in all the episodes with short scenes, but rather in less episodes with longer scenes. I think that will work much better in the long run

AGREED! Best episode of S2 was Blackwater. It focused on a couple of characters in ONE place. You don't need to cut out characters... just stick around longer, and do more episodes to cover everyone.

Watching S2, much more so than S1, I always felt like after we were aclimated to each of the characters, it was 51 minutes into the episode!

With so many different plots going on in the books, i understand why the show chooses to have many short rushed scenes, but if we could have a few more episodes like Blackwater, where the episode stayed within one plot, that would be great.

Regarding characters, An angrier Hound, not the sullen silent thing we were given in S2. Lets see him resemble a little more of his book persona.

I love Tyrion, but i feel like the show has been making him appear much nicer than in the novels, I'd like to see him not be such a good guy all the time.

More direwolves

I agree about apisodes that don't include all the characters. I think they could do with one or two "Blackwater" style episodes each season. It is far more engaging when you get to follow characters for more than 5 minutes an episode.

Spend one freaking hour on this particular wedding we are all waiting for, including Arya's travels of course. How awesome would that be? They better not rush that scene.

Spend one freaking hour on this particular wedding we are all waiting for, including Arya's travels of course. How awesome would that be? They better not rush that scene.

I agree that they need to not rush it, but it just doesn't seem like they'd need that much time. Plus, if we stayed there, the non-readers would to a larger degree expect something really big to happen, and thus, the impact and shock would be lessened.

I agree that they need to not rush it, but it just doesn't seem like they'd need that much time. Plus, if we stayed there, the non-readers would to a larger degree expect something really big to happen, and thus, the impact and shock would be lessened.

I think you are right about that. But give me at least a twenty-minute scene in the Twins to end the episode.

Archived