Jon and Sansa's relationship?

Theon Godjoy

They were not close at all, of all jons siblings/cousins she was the most distant of them. They are also marriage candidates, sansa would bring jon the north, riverlands and vale. Jon would be a good man who would treat sansa well.

I've only read the books twice, the last time being a few years ago, so I don't remember any real interactions between the two. I know Jon was close with Robb, Arya, and Bran, but I don't know about Sansa. Do the books say anything about it?

She called him bastard as soon as she learned what that word was. <_<

Guess Sansa took more to her mother then her pa.

They were close for her to have given him dating advice.

“That’s pretty.” He remembered Sansa telling him once that he should say that whenever a lady told him her name. He could not help the girl, but perhaps the courtesy would please her.

OMG, there is no way Jon is ever going to marry Sansa (or Arya), even if it comes out they are only first cousins. First cousins marrying first cousins is one thing. First cousins marrying first cousins they grew up thinking were their sisters is another.

I've only read the books twice, the last time being a few years ago, so I don't remember any real interactions between the two. I know Jon was close with Robb, Arya, and Bran, but I don't know about Sansa. Do the books say anything about it?

The only sibling we saw Sansa interact with on screen is Arya so that alone would not indicate whether they are close or not. They do think of each other a few times in the series but it is clear that they were not close. But, there is no evidence to support that they disliked each other or that there was any animosity between them. At one point, Jon remembers Sansa offering him advice to girls and telling him to always compliment a girl on her name. He uses this advice with Ygritte. Later, he defends Sansa to Stannis, stating that she is the rightful heir to WF, despite her status as "Lady Lannister".

Sansa also thinks of him a few times. She feels bad for him when she first sees Yoren and later in the Vale, she wishes that she could see him again. Sansa spends little time thinking about her family while a prisoner in KL. But, this is not because of lack of affection but because of her emotional state at the time.

I know they love each other, Jon thought about her and vice versa with Sansa. She prayed for him in the sept and when she heard he had been made lord commander of the Night Watch she was glad for him and had a yearning to see him. Sansa was so excited when she heard about Jon it was too cute. Jon thought about Sansa often also. I hope all the Starks reunite them wanting to see each other and their love for each other is pretty heartbreaking.

I think that during their childhood, there werre a little bit of antypathy...He looked at her as Catelyn`s daughter, and she looked at him as a bastard (as she politely says, our half-brother). But, I have no doubts that they love each other (not like Jaime and Cersei though).

The only time I recall about their relationship from Sansa's perspective was at GoT when she calls him "half-brother" when all the other children call him "brother".

She prays for him during the BBW, she is happy when she hears he was made LC, in the Vale she wishes she could go see him. It's quite clear that she cared for him.

While not close, there is no evidence in the books that suggest they didn't like each other. The few times they think about one another is always in a kind way. I like to think that should they reunite someday they will be happy to see each other again.

Like many said... Jon and Sansa were the least close of all the siblings. Sansa was all about knights and lords and ladies and she knew Jon was not trueborn. However, I do believe they've thought of each other fondly since (i.e. since Sansa's life became crap) and they wouldn't mind seeing each other again.

It's disturbing the ease with which people assume "close brother-sister relationship" = "incesty sexy times". It's somewhat surprising no one made insinuations about Jojen/Meera yet.

On topic, I think they were a bit distant with each other, but it didn't quite reached "dislike". Sansa was a proper little lady, I can't see her calling him "bastard" in his face, for example. Distance and hardship, later, makes them think back on those happier, simpler times and they find the love for each other they couldn't quite describe as summer children.

Archived