348 replies to this topic

#1 Revan Baratheon

Revan Baratheon

Council Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Those of us who saw TDK rises recently in the theatre also got a glimpse of the trailer of the upcoming superman movie
Here's a YouTube link to it(not very good quality though)
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=JXQsIyErJRg

So what do u guys think? Looks very overreacted to me..

#2 Lord Tyrion

Lord Tyrion

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

Didn't know what it was at first. Not sure if it'll be good or not, but I'll watch it. I'm a Nolan fan so I'll definitely go and watch it in the theater.

#3 Calibandar

Calibandar

Herald of Winter

• Members
  • 7,411 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

I saw a bad bootleg trailer as well, that's just not the way to watch a trailer even if you're very keen.

I'll say wait until they actually release the trailer for real, which should be anytime now.

As for the film, I really think it will be excellent, seems to have all the right ingredients and the talk I have heard about is appealing.

Casting is also very good. I'm more interested in this than Nolan's Batman films.

Edited by Calibandar, 21 July 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#4 Relic

Relic

White Knight of High House Social Justice

• Members
  • 24,153 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

http://www.comicbook...c/news/?a=64278

#5 ZombieWife

ZombieWife

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

Thanks Relic! Also, does anyone know what the music is that's playing in the trailer? It's driving me nuts!

Edited by ZombieWife, 21 July 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#6 kairparavel

kairparavel

MIND THE GAP

• Members
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

Nolan is a producer. This is directed by Zak Snyder. You know, 300 and Sucker Punch?
Can he make this work?

I hope so, because Superman is a part of my childhood. First movie my father took me to see in a theatre. Christopher Reeve. Gene Hackman. Childhood nostalgia. There's a lot to compete with for me. I hope, and from what I've heard it is, they completely remake it into something a little different. Like Nolan did with Batman. And then, good or bad, I hope it ends. These endless superhero reboots are tiresome. So so tiresome.

But yeah, I like Henry Cavill. I'm a little shaky on Amy Adams. I like her, but I don't see her as fitting into this movie. But then I never pictured Russell Crowe taking over for Marlon Brando, either. I'm..hopeful.

#7 Bastard of Boston

Bastard of Boston

Council Member

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

I'm excited for this. Superman is the quintessential superhero. I think if anyone deserves to get in on this entire comics-to-movies craze, it should be him. I suppose Snyder is hit/miss, but Nolan is producing this, and I've always thought Snyder's visuals were great. I'm optimistic.

#8 Eejit

Eejit

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

They should have kept Routh on as Supes. The failings of Returns were in no way due to him, he was perfect as both Superman and Kent.
Cavill is also a little short for the role imo, Reeve, Welling and Routh were all >= 6'3". I always though Dean Cain was also a bit shorter than the character should be.

#9 Jabronius Maximus

Jabronius Maximus

HIF YA SMELLLALALALALALOW

• Members
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

Thanks Relic! Also, does anyone know what the music is that's playing in the trailer? It's driving me nuts!

It's the Bridge of Khazad-Dum music, after Gandalf falls down with the Balrog in Fellowship of the Ring /crying.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crying:' />

Edited by Part time king, 21 July 2012 - 12:59 PM.

#10 Renasko

Renasko

Council Member

• Members
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

It's an impossible task. The trailer, and subsequent film, will drive audiences enthusiasm up, but there's in no way they'll make a good piece of cinema out of it. I'll settle for something on par with Captain America, which wasn't particularly great, but at least was a competent superhero flick.

Edited by Renasko, 21 July 2012 - 01:16 PM.

#11 ZombieWife

ZombieWife

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

It's the Bridge of Khazad-Dum music, after Gandalf falls down with the Balrog in Fellowship of the Ring /crying.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crying:' />

Ahh! Yes, thank you. I can now rest my mind. If only they had a "tin eye" type application for clips of music. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#12 drawkcabi

drawkcabi

lost in the past

• Members
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

I hope so, because Superman is a part of my childhood. First movie my father took me to see in a theatre. Christopher Reeve. Gene Hackman. Childhood nostalgia. There's a lot to compete with for me. I hope, and from what I've heard it is, they completely remake it into something a little different. Like Nolan did with Batman. And then, good or bad, I hope it ends. These endless superhero reboots are tiresome. So so tiresome.

This is so much me, I don't know if it was the first movie my dad took me to see but it was one of the first. Also my dad hates anything sci-fi or fantasy where I always loved it growing up, except he loves Superman and that was like the one bridge into that genre we could/can share.

And more than Star Wars even Superman got me interested in the sci-fi/fantasy genre. This was the movie I watched over and over ad nauseum on video at home and whenever my friends came over I had them watch.

Whatever they do in rebooting it, all I ask, all I beg is that they keep the John Williams Superman score. As pretty as the LOTR music is I would have much rather had the Kryptonian theme during the main part - even if it is redundant of the Superman Returns trailer - and then ending with the famous da-da-da-da-da...da-da-da, and I would be excited. This has me very disappointed. I know they want to set themselves apart from Superman Returns, but I don't know if Snyder and Nolan understand how important that music is when doing Superman, any Superman.

#13 Shryke

Shryke

The Wood of the Morning

• Members
  • 40,088 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Nolan is a producer. This is directed by Zak Snyder. You know, 300 and Sucker Punch?
Can he make this work?

But yeah, I like Henry Cavill. I'm a little shaky on Amy Adams. I like her, but I don't see her as fitting into this movie. But then I never pictured Russell Crowe taking over for Marlon Brando, either. I'm..hopeful.

Synder can make a good looking movie. If Nolan or the like was breathing down his neck enough to reign him in on all the other aspects, this might turn out good.

#14 IheartTesla

IheartTesla

I hate Edison

• Members
  • 13,569 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

Ugh....Superman. Blandest milquetoast whitebread superhero ever. I'm sure they can rig up some inner turmoil out of him having to choose between two women or something like that. Or make his childhood interesting among the corn fields of wherever he grew up in.

Sorry, but I am naturally disinclined towards any movie of his.

Plus he fought Tesla.

#15 Calibandar

Calibandar

Herald of Winter

• Members
  • 7,411 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

The teaser trailer is very disappointing for me, because I assumed the trailer would be the same as the Comic Con trailer. It's clearly not, and the Comic Con trailer had an even better score ( from The Thin Red Line) and significantly more scenes. This is....... very brief.

Also, this one doesn't have Crowe speaking as Jor-El, which was pretty cool on the SDCC footage. So I don't really understand why you would show a group of fans a significant trailer and then release to the whole wide world a marginal snippet.

Doesn't change the fact that cast and plot for this film looks great. As for Zack Snyder, he's on and off, hopefully he knows he has to do good with this one or else.

#16 naz

naz

some will sell their dreams for small desires

• Members
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hmm... the trailer I just saw (and I'll admit that it was more teaser than trailer) had Crowe's voiceover.

#17 Myrddin

Myrddin

Master of Stairway Wit

• Members
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

Hmm... the trailer I just saw (and I'll admit that it was more teaser than trailer) had Crowe's voiceover.

There are two trailers with the same visuals, but one has Pa Kent voice over and the other has Jor-El.

#18 Jaimeisnotazombie

Jaimeisnotazombie

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

I always thought superman was overpowered, just an unfair superhero, and thus boring. The teaser didnt show anything besides for the stupid way superman flys.

#19 Mexal

Mexal

Cards are only half the battle

• Members
  • 11,159 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

Superman is boring. Trailer was meh. I'll still see it though /sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

#20 Jabronius Maximus

Jabronius Maximus

HIF YA SMELLLALALALALALOW

• Members
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

Big thing about Nolan's Batman was the whole mask thing...I think that was vital for the identity crisis of Bruce Wayne that Nolan depicted so nicely in the trilogy. He was able to live as Bruce Wayne, and decide whether it was really worth it to suit up. Superman will be out there, everyone will know who he is (well, I guess this is where Nolan and Snyder could ask: does Superman know?)

I think now is a good time to take a break from superhero movies. A few years ago we were bombarded with so many football movies (and sports in general), and eventually filmmakers learned from that. It's gonna be very very difficult for any superhero movie to live up to the Batman trilogy. The producers of whatever future superhero flick can say they aren't trying to take a run at the Batman films, but the comparisons will be inevitable.

Edited by Sully's Moustache, 21 July 2012 - 09:49 PM.

Reply to this topic