How do you think Robert Arryn will die?

Les Berceaux

Littlefinger will make his move soon.He married fake Arya to the Boltons and if he just tells them,well,they would kill her if they had her and would have no choice but to march south as well as having no claim on the north,meaning the majority of the northern lords would join Stannis unless he married Sansa to HtH first meaning they would join his rebellion.

Combine this with the possibility of the RW version 2 which would grant the support of the Riverlands and (littlefinger doesn't know this it's just coincidence) (possibly fake) Aegon's invasion of the stormlands and gaining Dorne and maybe the Stormlords as well as the faint chance of the Crownlands.

Therefore the Iron Throne suddenly has only KL,the Westerlands,the Reach(although the tyrells may betray the Lannisters if they can get Marg out of KL as they have a large army next KL that would easily swamp KL)

What better time to off Sweetrobin as everyone will be too busy with the war to notice and to marry Sansa to HtH?

I don't think he's going to die. He's bratty and annoying but Sansa's not going to go through with LF's plan to kill him. I actually don't think poor Harry the Heir would ever become Lord of the Vale...

Wouldn't surprise me if one of the ways Sansa messes up LF's plan is by helping SR get our of LF's custody and into BYR's.

That possible future is calling out more loudly than most. The drama would almost write itself. She's trying to smuggle him out of town knowing that she's dead if they get caught, meanwhile he's huddled inside a huge saddle bag on her pack mule and his muffled yells for pancakes every 5 minutes really dial up the tension as she tries to sneak past checkpoints. It'd be hella funny if Sansa's character reaches maturity during this escapade but not in the way we'd expect..... what if instead she emerges as Littlefinger's true daughter----a machiavellian princess????

May I remind you we are talking about an 8 year old child here? Wishing murder on children is not ok.

Not ordinarily. But this kid is soooooo annoying!

Which isn't his fault....

I get it. It's the game of thrones, though, so his character is definitely being set up for this kind of speculation on whether and how he'll croak. It's the author's way of giving us an opportunity to wager. The vegas odds are that he won't make it, but hey that just means it'll be a more rewarding win for you if he pulls through. Like how betting on the underdog pays more. And it will be a great opportunity for Sansa to show her worth instead of maxing out her status.

Littlefinger will make his move soon.He married fake Arya to the Boltons and if he just tells them,well,they would kill her if they had her and would have no choice but to march south as well as having no claim on the north,meaning the majority of the northern lords would join Stannis unless he married Sansa to HtH first meaning they would join his rebellion.

LF did not marry f! Arya to the Boltons, that was the Lannisters. LF came up with "fake Arya", but it was Tywin's idea to marry f!Arya to the Boltons so that the north could consume itself with infighting between Stannis and the Boltons, which would keep them busy for a long time.

LF's plans are likely centred around his gaining Harrenhal. That is the pretence of his power and where he started out: the Riverlands.

Since LF himself has talked negatively of Winterfell, it is unlikely he ever was aiming for it. His "ancestral" enemy are the Tullys, and in that case, he could use Sansa to get Riverrun. A simple little task of offing Edmure and his child, Sweetrobin could "die of his sickness" and voila, Sansa would be heir to Riverrun. If she ever got to marry HtH, maybe she could get a heir or two off him, then HtH would have an unfortunate "accident" and LF as Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, Sansa with claims to both the Vale and Riverrun, BAM, Vale/Riverlands completely in LF's hands.

The North is too large and too unwieldy for LF to care about until he has consolidated the southern areas.

Combine this with the possibility of the RW version 2 which would grant the support of the Riverlands and (littlefinger doesn't know this it's just coincidence) (possibly fake) Aegon's invasion of the stormlands and gaining Dorne and maybe the Stormlords as well as the faint chance of the Crownlands.

Jon Conn has allegedly made some contacts with the Vale, so LF may be drawn into that debacle fairly soon. The Riverlands post a RW 2.0 will probably be ruled by the Blackfish though, or some of the BWB. Edmure will be at Casterly Rock, Roslin's kid at the Twins.

On the other hand, Jaime ordered Walder Frey to release all prisoners and send them to Kings Landing, so if that has already taken place, a large group of highborn prisoners will be traversing the Riverlands on their way to KL......can you spell "guerilla attack"?

Therefore the Iron Throne suddenly has only KL,the Westerlands,the Reach(although the tyrells may betray the Lannisters if they can get Marg out of KL as they have a large army next KL that would easily swamp KL)

What better time to off Sweetrobin as everyone will be too busy with the war to notice and to marry Sansa to HtH?

Sweetrobin won't be offer until the annulment has taken place. Alternatively when Littlefinger brings out "Tysha" and brings her to the High Septon where she tells him her marriage to Tyrion was never annulled....

Sweetrobin won't be offer until the annulment has taken place. Alternatively when Littlefinger brings out "Tysha" and brings her to the High Septon where she tells him her marriage to Tyrion was never annulled....

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Something new to add to my knowledge of theories and such! Can you further explain/develop this thing about LF having Tysha or a Tysha stand-in? I really like the idea and am curious to know more about it.

What the???? Never even heard about this theory before. Loving it! How many times does Tyrion mention Tysha in the series? Makes Tyrion's job easier too. If he can't figure out where whores go, than they end up showing up and coming to him.

Whoah...I have to let this marinate in my brain for a bit.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Something new to add to my knowledge of theories and such! Can you further explain/develop this thing about LF having Tysha or a Tysha stand-in? I really like the idea and am curious to know more about it.

Theory on Littlefinger and Tysha

Since LF was banking on Tyrion dying, but Tyrion hasn't died, so LF will need a shortcut to get Sansa's marriage annulled.

Now, we know that LF knows that Tyrion has been married before, and we also know that LF knows a surprising amount of details, since he tells Sansa some of them (he keeps the gangrape quiet, but it's obvious what he is hinting at for the reader).

Now, we have LF using imposters already lampshaded by him bringing out a fake Arya. If he cannot bribe the High Septon (unlikely) then he needs another way to remove Sansa's marriage. So why doesn't he simply trot out Tyrion's first wife, who then swears that the evil, evil sinful Lannisters didn't annul the marriage, but just sent her on her way. The High Septon already has a very negative view of the Lannisters through our dear Cersei, so he would surely be prone to believing anything bad about them. Tyrion being a kinslaying, kingslaying dwarf probably doesn't help his cause either.

Hence, all LF needs to do is bring out "Tysha". Hell, make it even worse: where do whores go? Well, to LF brothels. Maybe LF knew where the real Tysha was all the time? I don't think he needs to, but it would provide a neat answer to Tyrion's question. ;)

Personally I tend to believe it will be fake Tysha due to the fake Arya lampshading. Sansa's plot armour needs to be removed if the threat from LF and Harry the Heir is to become real. This will also be the clincher that will seal Sweetrobin's fate, since without Sansa being free to marry, LF needs Sweetrobin alive.

It resolves a lot of plot threads and makes Sansa's situation more perilous, forcing her into action.

EDIT: Oh an interesting tidbit. Remember when Tysha was first brought up in the novels? Location, location, location: it was in the Vale. ;)

<snip>

EDIT: Oh an interesting tidbit. Remember when Tysha was first brought up in the novels? Location, location, location: it was in the Vale. ;)

Oh snap. This is like a good slap in the face. Me likey good slaps in the face! Every time Tyrion asked where whores go, I mentally answered with "to a brothel" but I never connected LF and his brothels. This adds a whole new line of thought on what Sansa will do when presented with this possibility.

Just another question: Do you mean Tyrion first mentioned Tysha while he was in the Vale (on the road with Bronn, if I recall) or that he met Tysha in the Vale? Either way, really awesome connection there.

ETA: A little strange that both booknerd2 and I get a special satisfaction with fist and palm marks on our cheeks. :)

I read that and almost dropped my laptop. If was like a punch. If this happens and Tyrion finds out, this changes his motivations too, because the whole time in ADWD he has constantly mentioned Tysha. If he hears she is alive and is somewhere and with LF, it would change things for him and where he goes, and what he does. I think.

And really...he killed his father, left KL and his life, he is still married, he had that exchanged with Jaime, Cersei will be looking for him...and he has so much going on yet is still thinking of Tysha and asking where whores go.

Jesus...

Oh snap. This is like a good slap in the face. Me likey good slaps in the face! Every time Tyrion asked where whores go, I mentally answered with "to a brothel" but I never connected LF and his brothels. This adds a whole new line of thought on what Sansa will do when presented with this possibility.

Just another question: Do you mean Tyrion first mentioned Tysha while he was in the Vale (on the road with Bronn, if I recall) or that he met Tysha in the Vale? Either way, really awesome connection there.

ETA: A little strange that both booknerd2 and I get a special satisfaction with fist and palm marks on our cheeks. :)

He mentions Tysha the first time when he talks about her with Bronn, in the Vale.

The meeting was in the Westerlands, somewhere near Casterly Rock.

It just seems like such a "coincidence" that Tysha is brought up again and again in Tyrion's storyline that she needs to have a meaning, or a plot point, especially since Tyrion keeps going on about how he misses his wife in ADWD, and it ain't Sansa he's on about. He also didn't say that the marriage got annulled, he just said that Tywin put an end to it and drove Tysha away after the rape.

We can probably also infer from Sandor's reaction to Sansa's marriage that it wasn't an unknown story, and LF makes a point of learning everything he can so...

While Tywin was alive, it would have been impossible for LF to bring out "Tysha", but with Tywin gone, Kevan murdered, Cersei done for...who is going to complain?

EDIT: Just to quell your excitement somewhat, it is not necessary for LF to bring out the real Tysha either, any properly trained prostitute will probably do. But sure, there is a chance that we will get an answer to "where do whores go?" Would be rather neat, wouldn't it?

EDIT 2: and the lampshading is done using Sansa's previous best friend, sort of tying the story arcs together further...

He mentions Tysha the first time when he talks about her with Bronn, in the Vale.

The meeting was in the Westerlands, somewhere near Casterly Rock.

It just seems like such a "coincidence" that Tysha is brought up again and again in Tyrion's storyline that she needs to have a meaning, or a plot point, especially since Tyrion keeps going on about how he misses his wife in ADWD, and it ain't Sansa he's on about. He also didn't say that the marriage got annulled, he just said that Tywin put an end to it and drove Tysha away after the rape.

We can probably also infer from Sandor's reaction to Sansa's marriage that it wasn't an unknown story, and LF makes a point of learning everything he can so...

While Tywin was alive, it would have been impossible for LF to bring out "Tysha", but with Tywin gone, Kevan murdered, Cersei done for...who is going to complain?

EDIT: Just to quell your excitement somewhat, it is not necessary for LF to bring out the real Tysha either, any properly trained prostitute will probably do. But sure, there is a chance that we will get an answer to "where do whores go?" Would be rather neat, wouldn't it?

I love this theory. It seems obvious that Tysha is brought up as something for Tyrion, that he will confront her to better come to terms with his past but I really don't think this is the case. I think the marriage itself is a plot point and that Tysha is a demon in Tyrion's past. I doubt think he will ever meet her.

Tysha and Tyrion met near Lannisport, quite a few miles from the Vale. AGOT Tyrion VI. Tyrion tells Bronn this story when they are in the Vale.

Tysha and Tyrion met near Lannisport, quite a few miles from the Vale. AGOT Tyrion VI. Tyrion tells Bronn this story when they are in the Vale.

I mentioned this, she is brought up in the novels in the Vale for the first time (thematic linking perhaps?). The meeting is in the Westerlands.

I love this theory. It seems obvious that Tysha is brought up as something for Tyrion, that he will confront her to better come to terms with his past but I really don't think this is the case. I think the marriage itself is a plot point and that Tysha is a demon in Tyrion's past. I doubt think he will ever meet her.

I don't think so either. But Tysha being mentioned so frequently in ADWD means we're not supposed to forget her. Likewise is Tyrion's marriage to Sansa brought up a couple of times in ADWD as a "gentle reminder" to the readers. The marriage between Tyrion and Sansa is also brought up a lot in Sansa's chapters in late ASOS early ADWD.

Archived