88 replies to this topic

#41 Ran

Ran

King o' the Board

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,600 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:20 AM

The "verification process" is really non-existent. What you have is some random IMDB employee seeing a change submitted, where a person writes as explanation "This actor is in Game of Thrones in this role", and they process the change. I've seen it happen way too many times.

Is it "legit" in the sense that it follows IMDB procedure? Yes.

Is it "legit" in the sense that someone at IMDB went ahead and used their contacts to get confirmation from HBO that he's playing Ramsay? No. What IMDB says is not evidence. That's not how it works.

The role should be credited as "Boy", because that's what HBO says it is. Anything else is speculative. I said as much when I submitted the update, pointing to Access Hollywood's article in which they received confirmation straight from HBO that he's credited as "Boy".

Edited by Ran, 12 August 2012 - 04:22 AM.

#42 Which Tyler

Which Tyler

Council Member

• Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

yeah, this is the same IMDB that had Gerard Butler in the role of Stannis for about 2 months.

It's often wrong after release, I really wouldn't trust it beforehand

#43 DaveSumm

DaveSumm

Council Member

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

I started watching Misfits after hearing this, so far there's been Cat, Pyp, Missandei and 'Boy'. Seems starring in Misfits gives you a good shot at GoT afterward.

#44 summer_stark

summer_stark

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

There are mistakes, sure; however, it is a legit verification process. They get info from lots of sources, including public and private records for things like age, which is why that woman has a legit suit for privacy breaches and promoting age discrimination. If their process was so lack, they would've been able to dismiss the case.

Plus, Hollywood wouldn't use it as a quasi official source if info was processed by virtue of what the submissions say alone. Having lived in LA for the better part of 10 years and working in the entertainment business, I've seen firsthand how much it's relied on. Again, that's not to say it won't change, but their process is more legit than has been described here.

#45 Ran

Ran

King o' the Board

• Administrators
  • 30,600 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

That Hollywood might rely on it may be true, but the irrationality of Hollywood is well-known.

IMDB saying something is, in any case, not proof of something. IMDB listing Gerard Butler as Stannis or Gillian Anderson as Catelyn was not proof, IMDB listing Iwan Rheon as Ramsay Snow is not proof. :)

#46 DaveSumm

DaveSumm

Council Member

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

Moreover, I'm guessing whether it's right or not it's not supposed to be there, if we assume they're trying to maintain the 'pretend-Reek' essence of the aCoK storyline.

It's really gonna ruin my enjoyment of the arc if he turns out to be just a boy now.

#47 Carne

Carne

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

They're not going to cast Iwan Rheon as a "Boy". I'll eat my laptop if he turns out not to be Ramsay.

Plus the girl who watched Allen and Rheon shoot a scene together.

#48 Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

They're not going to cast Iwan Rheon as a "Boy". I'll eat my laptop if he turns out not to be Ramsay.

Plus the girl who watched Allen and Rheon shoot a scene together.

I'll dip my socks in poop, set them on my laptop keyboard, close the laptop, smother poop all over the laptop, and then eat it if he's not Ramsay. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#49 Cellio

Cellio

Council Member

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

I'll dip my socks in poop, set them on my laptop keyboard, close the laptop, smother poop all over the laptop, and then eat it if he's not Ramsay. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Wanna know what i would do after all that?

#50 congokong

congokong

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

It's hard to get someone perfect for the role, but this guy isn't too far off. Ramsay has pink, blotchy skin and is "fleshy." I wouldn't say that about Rheon. This actor has the broad nose though. Pale white isn't pink, but eh.

From the video clip, his personality is NOTHING like Ramsay's. He's got the creepy serial killer attitude, but Ramsay is not like that at all. He's loud, quick to anger, and ferocious. The actor will need a complete character change for this role if he is playing Ramsay.

#51 Padraig

Padraig

Now then

• Members
  • 17,284 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

The actor will need a complete character change for this role if he is playing Ramsay.

Lucky they hired an actor then.

#52 serconjay

serconjay

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:06 AM

This'll be a pretty cool casting i think..he was awesome in Misfits (until that show got bad). He's got "intense" (crazy) eyes, like Ramsay.

#53 Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:01 AM

Wanna know what i would do after all that?

Yes? /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#54 Manfryd Lothston

Manfryd Lothston

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

It's hard to get someone perfect for the role, but this guy isn't too far off. Ramsay has pink, blotchy skin and is "fleshy." I wouldn't say that about Rheon. This actor has the broad nose though. Pale white isn't pink, but eh.

From the video clip, his personality is NOTHING like Ramsay's. He's got the creepy serial killer attitude, but Ramsay is not like that at all. He's loud, quick to anger, and ferocious. The actor will need a complete character change for this role if he is playing Ramsay.

A number of characters in the show don't fully match their book descriptions. E.g. Allen as Theon. The important thing is to convey the character, not merely his looks. And Rheon has the kind of mug that fits a character like Ramsay perfectly, even if it's not 100% compliant with GRRM's descriptions.

As to personality, Ramsay as Reek is exactly the creepy serial killer type. Remember, he enjoys playing with his prey. It is only when he is frustrated that his wild side emerges. In ADWD he is frustrated often so this side is more visible, but in ACOK he was very cool and collected, enjoying his little game.

Personally I have high hopes for Rheon as Ramsay, even though I didn't particularly like his character in Misfits (far too timid for my taste).

#55 Where Boars Glow

Where Boars Glow

Detective searching for Rheagar kidnapping victims

• Members
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

Perfect Ramsey he was one of my top choices. Really interested to see what he can do with full born creepy after the glimpses of creepy in misfits.

#56 ArianneOfSunspear

ArianneOfSunspear

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

Finally!!! I had been wondering if there was going to be a slightly different angle in the season 3 plot as they seemed to have announced everyone aside from The Bastard of Bolton (who has been mentioned by his father in S2).

#57 Cellio

Cellio

Council Member

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:46 AM

Why are you basing his performace for Ramsay off Simon in Misfits? You think that is the only way he can act or something?

#58 King of the Road

King of the Road

Council Member

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

Even then would it matter? So what if there's a minor change, so long as Ramsay is as memorable a villain in the series as he is in the book?

#59 PhoenixFlame

PhoenixFlame

Markgräfin Schattenfalke

• Members
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

As long as he can make Joffrey seem like Angelica Pickles, I'm happy.

#60 SulliedOne

SulliedOne

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

Perfect Ramsey he was one of my top choices. Really interested to see what he can do with full born creepy after the glimpses of creepy in misfits.

Anyone who watched the Misfits would know that Iwan Rheon will do a fantastic job as Ramsay Snow!