Does anyone else think Myrcella is already dead?

Doran is manipulating things behind the scene since some 18years, it is not because if he was cornered to tell some details to his idiotic daughter that he told her or will tell her everything. If Myrcella died from her wound or if Doran killed her and if Arianne doesnt have to know for his plans to succeed then she wont know

Myrcella's cousin and the way they look alike will definitely come into play, but I'm not sure how yet. I've had a theory that Darkstar maimed her to be able to tell her apart from her cousin the next time something is planned.

• 8 months later...

It's a pretty solid theory. Personally I think the best evidence for her being dead is we know Cersei's children will pre-decease her so it seems odd she would survive this attack only to die later.

I haven't read the spoiler chapters though and Doran needing Arianne to calm Myrcella seems like she would be alive and I am sure Arianne would know the difference.

Myrcella's cousin and the way they look alike will definitely come into play, but I'm not sure how yet. I've had a theory that Darkstar maimed her to be able to tell her apart from her cousin the next time something is planned.

I had a similar idea. Arys is the one who told, and he and Doran switched Myrcella and Rosamund. They begin the journey at night, then during the day the girls are all wearing veils to protect them from the sand and sun. It could easily be Rosamund who got injured. Doran would have allowed Arianne to continue thinking it was Rosamund in order to teach her a lesson. He might even be sending Rosamund back to KL instead of Myrcella...that way he still has his hostage guest.

It's a pretty solid theory. Personally I think the best evidence for her being dead is we know Cersei's children will pre-decease her so it seems odd she would survive this attack only to die later.

I haven't read the spoiler chapters though and Doran needing Arianne to calm Myrcella seems like she would be alive and I am sure Arianne would know the difference.

Except that Maggy the Frog said that Cersei's children would all be crowned. Arianne never got as far as crowning Myrcella. She still needs to be queen before she can die. Which is also why she's still alive.

I think Darkstar was going for the kill and not just cause an injury. Myrcella's horse shies at the last minute or she would have been killed. His reasons for this are unknown at this time, but I fully believe he was going to kill her.

As to the prophecy, I think the she will be crowned as queen and the only way that can happen is if Tommen is dead or if Dorne crowns her, which we've already seen that Doran didn't do and I don't think it fit the prophecy for Dorne to proclaim her Queen. Cersei's needs to see this happen so her tears can drown her when Myrcella and Tommen wear golden shrouds...and I think that is actual royal shrouds as they lie in the sept.

I think Myrcella is gravely injured, but that she survives. (for now) I think she will crowned Queen of the Seven Kingdoms and sit on the Iron Throne however briefly. Can you imagine how demented Cersei will be with Tommen and Joff gone and Myrcella sitting on the throne. She just seems like a wack job now...it will be fun times in Kings Landing when she only has 1 surviving child and the prophecy is ringing in her ears day and night.

Except that Maggy the Frog said that Cersei's children would all be crowned. Arianne never got as far as crowning Myrcella. She still needs to be queen before she can die. Which is also why she's still alive.

Gold shall be their crowns and gold shall be their shrouds.

Those were Maggy The Frog's words. Crown is a euphemism for hair. Cersei's children's hair will eventually give them away for who they are. Betrayal by hair, effectively, as the produce of incest between Cersei and Jaime.

Myrcella does not need to become queen because she's already wearing her 'golden crowning glory'. (As did Joffrey, as does Tommen.)

If she does indeed die, it's as a result of a further act of revenge. I don't see those Sand Snakes simply curling up, to bask in the sun. Snakes always ready for their next strike.

News of Myrcella would be a blow to Cersei, and perhaps more than Joffrey because the girl wasn't under her mother's wing. It could make her more protective of Tommen.

It's worth noting that hair and eyes, then general looks, were like DNA markers of the day. In the books, you'll find plenty of examples.

Those were Maggy The Frog's words. Crown is a euphemism for hair. Cersei's children's hair will eventually give them away for who they are. Betrayal by hair, effectively, as the produce of incest between Cersei and Jaime.

That would be accurate if it weren't for the last part, "gold shall be their shrouds". Joffrey didn't die because he was a bastard, but because he was going to be a terrible King. The Tyrells (or at least Olenna) is likely aware of what Joffrey was, a bastard. That was never the reason.

The curse of the prophecy is that they will be crowned without deserving it (as they aren't Robert's kids) and they will die after crowned. If Cersei hadn't crowned them (cuckold Robert) and escaped with Jaime as Ned offered, they would be safe.

we know Cersei's children will pre-decease her

Do we, really? The prophecy mentions their shrouds and Cersei's tears, but don't really connect them to another. For all we know Myrcella can survive the whole ordeal and have a long, peaceful and fulfilling life as Lady of the Rock (or, heck, Storm's End), and be shrouded in gold at her funeral at the age of ninety-two. Cersei crying and dying could be years earlier, after some wacky misunderstanding of sorts.

Do we, really? The prophecy mentions their shrouds and Cersei's tears, but don't really connect them to another. For all we know Myrcella can survive the whole ordeal and have a long, peaceful and fulfilling life as Lady of the Rock (or, heck, Storm's End), and be shrouded in gold at her funeral at the age of ninety-two. Cersei crying and dying could be years earlier, after some wacky misunderstanding of sorts.

It's possible but I doubt it.

Myrcella does not need to become queen because she's already wearing her 'golden crowning glory'. (As did Joffrey, as does Tommen.)

If she does indeed die, it's as a result of a further act of revenge. I don't see those Sand Snakes simply curling up, to bask in the sun. Snakes always ready for their next strike.

News of Myrcella would be a blow to Cersei, and perhaps more than Joffrey because the girl wasn't under her mother's wing. It could make her more protective of Tommen.

It's worth noting that hair and eyes, then general looks, were like DNA markers of the day. In the books, you'll find plenty of examples.

Crown can be a euphemism for hair. But we have no reason to believe that's the case here, when two of the three children have been literally crowned. Apparently Joffrey and Tommen's having golden hair was not enough to fulfill that part of the prophecy.

The people in Dorne actually like Myrcella. The Sand Snakes love Trystane, and Trystane adores his betrothed. They're not going to kill Myrcella. They said they want Tywin's golden twins. They don't have anything against the children. Tommen will die by Olenna's hand before they could make a move, and they won't want to kill Queen Myrcella when instead they have the ability to influence her to strip her mother of all power.

She could be dead, I guess. Far weirder things have happened. Do I think she's dead? No. The theory relies on Balon Swann, who lived at court for several months and was around Myrcella, to be a total idiot. It also relies on Doran Martell being willing to mutilate an innocent young child (Myrcella's double), and I don't think he'd do that either.

Agree.

I hadn't before considered it. An idea to throw out is that Doran could have put Darkstar up to wounding Myrcella in the guise of attempting to kill her. Presumably he is working with Varys to get fAegon on the throne. Varys is looking for absolute chaos in Westeros to be resolved suddenly by the arrival of the "true king". Perhaps a way of enhancing this would be to marry him to the Barratheon house (not saying that this would actually happen but may be an aim of Doran's conspiracy). Wounding Myrcella keeps her in Dorne while fAegon is in transit. Especially if she's poisoned to make her sick while Dornish medicine miraculously heals her. Perhaps even send Rosamund to KL as "Myrcella" with Varys plants there insisting that she is as Cersei is driven mad knowing that she isn't. Lot's of ways to go.

Also, I never thought Darkstar failed to kill Myrcella by accident. He is a fighter of some renown and I couldn't imagine him not being able to take the head off of a girl on a horse, even a rearing one, if he really wanted to. I hadn't thought of him being an agent of Doran but I guess it makes sense.

I have this theory that Myrcella (maybe Tommen but more likely her) is going to die because of Cersci. Either a mistake she makes - they could die in a poorly planned ambush somehow - or as a mercy killing (like on the show) and this is what finally tips Cersci over the edge into full-on psychopath mode.

I have this theory that Myrcella (maybe Tommen but more likely her) is going to die because of Cersci. Either a mistake she makes - they could die in a poorly planned ambush somehow - or as a mercy killing (like on the show) and this is what finally tips Cersci over the edge into full-on psychopath mode.

I agree. I also think that Tommen will die by Cersei's hand like he nearly did in the show. She'll go all bonkers and will think that she's saving him or pull Aerys and try to burn everything down. Jaime will probably show up at around that time. I still secretly hope that Tommen will survive somehow but not bloody likely.

I hadn't before considered it. An idea to throw out is that Doran could have put Darkstar up to wounding Myrcella in the guise of attempting to kill her. Presumably he is working with Varys to get fAegon on the throne. Varys is looking for absolute chaos in Westeros to be resolved suddenly by the arrival of the "true king". Perhaps a way of enhancing this would be to marry him to the Barratheon house (not saying that this would actually happen but may be an aim of Doran's conspiracy). Wounding Myrcella keeps her in Dorne while fAegon is in transit. Especially if she's poisoned to make her sick while Dornish medicine miraculously heals her. Perhaps even send Rosamund to KL as "Myrcella" with Varys plants there insisting that she is as Cersei is driven mad knowing that she isn't. Lot's of ways to go.

Also, I never thought Darkstar failed to kill Myrcella by accident. He is a fighter of some renown and I couldn't imagine him not being able to take the head off of a girl on a horse, even a rearing one, if he really wanted to. I hadn't thought of him being an agent of Doran but I guess it makes sense.

Or one of Arianne's other companions might have taken a shot at Myrcella and Darkstar actually saved her life, but accidentally wounded her. Everyone else was focused on Hotah and Arys Oakheart, so we don't really know what all happened.

Cersei will be indirectly responsible for Tommen's death and directly responsible for Myrcella's.

Olenna Tyrell is going to poison Tommen with sweetsleep after Margaery loses her trial and is executed for treason.

Myrcella is going to be crowned and Jaime named Hand. The Sand Snakes will tell their sweet little friend the queen that Cersei is the reason Tommen was killed. Myrcella will strip Cersei of all power. Cersei will realize her own daughter is the younger, more beautiful queen (and probably have seriously disturbing delusions about exactly how close Myrcella and Jaime are getting), snap completely, and kill her.

Then Jaime will walk in, see what's just happened, and choke Cersei to death with the Hand's chain of office. "For hands of gold are always cold..." And it's already been set up that that chain works well for killing lying whores.

Archived