Resume for role of Quentyn Martell- Anyone think I have a shot?

Khal Drogo's Mighty Thighs

Where's your pic, dude? Also as someone said, you've got two or three years before they'll be casting Quentyn, so by that time you'll be in the age range they'll be looking for.

And as for that piece of advice someone gave about contacting the casting director - DO NOT DO THAT! That's your agent's job, and again they most likely won't be casting for that character for a couple years. Just have your agent keep an ear out.

this could be an absolutely terrible idea, but if you really want to stand out, why not try finding out who exactly is in charge of casting and getting in direct contact with them?

DO NOT DO THIS.

Talk to your agent. Bug your agent. Pester your agent. Get advice from your agent. Buy your agent a nice bottle of booze and then start again! ;) Very honestly, it's your agent that has the dialogue with casting agents - especially if they have their ear to the ground about the HBO show(s). They can also be really great at guiding you for career choices and training if necessary. Based on the basics of your resume, it looks like you would have enough "experience" to audition - especially in the next few years if the role comes up. A lot will be about your actual skills, and of course that intangible "something" that only the casting directors/ directors know what they're looking for.

It seems like your mom would have some good advice/ support as well based on your OP.

Why would this Salome Sand Witch be able to help me? < That sounded like a bad line from a cheesy fantasy film.

That is the awesomest (sic) cheesy fantasy line of all time. I see it in a wistful, naive voice with snow all around, and kissdbyfire handing you a small glass orb that lights different colours.

She's very smart. And she's an actress. :)

Aaaaaw. :blushing: That's so sweet! :love: Thank you.

Edit: I see the Duke beat me to the agent advice.

Not sure I'd take Pikaton's advice either! :lol:

Where's your pic, dude? Also as someone said, you've got two or three years before they'll be casting Quentyn, so by that time you'll be in the age range they'll be looking for.

And as for that piece of advice someone gave about contacting the casting director - DO NOT DO THAT! That's your agent's job, and again they most likely won't be casting for that character for a couple years. Just have your agent keep an ear out.

In the first post of the topic, there's a link at the bottom with a google docs document which has my resume on it. If you scroll down the resume you'll find my picture on the second page of the document. You think I fit Quentyn's description?

I say go for it!

Thank you! Do you have any thoughts on how best to act Quentyn? He's quite sombre and serious and thoughtful, but he gets quite passionate when talking with Daenerys, and he tries really hard to prove himself a man, worthy of her, by doing some fairly reckless stuff. Do you think I fit Quentyn's physical description? How would you say Quentyn's role ought to be played?

You have like 5 years before quentin is even thought about. Get an agent join a reality show. Be in the news. Get totally wasted in public. Go to celebrity rehab. Have your mugshot in US weekly.

More like 2-3 years probably, it's tricky to get noticed in so short a time. Then again, I do need some more experience, just to fill out the resume.. Ideas?

I really like the photo, but maybe it would help if it was in colour, and not sepia? Just in case they want to see the skin tone, if they are going to go that direction with the Martells.

Also, you said in your resume that you can speak in several accents, right? The Dornish kinda have a distinctive "drawl", so maybe practice that :)

Also, sorry, how come you like the photo?

Wow dude, I actualy want you to be Quentyn Martell! Great resume! You had a lot of guts doing this dude. Great pic btw, and with your passion and the time you have to prepare the odds look pretty good but who knows? Give it your best shot but hey from what Ive seen you seriously have a chance. Ur a handsome guy too if we should all be so lucky

Well I know nothing about the carreer, but you seem to have a reasonable chance.

Out of interest, what level is your ballroom, competitive? Medals, open circuit?

My ballroom dancing? Er I can dance the foxtrot, waltz, quickstep and can sort of dance the tango- because I've had lessons. The can can is also a speciality of mine. I don't think that that particular skill would be valued by casting directors for Quentyn? Ha.

Perhaps it would be an idea to shoot a tape just for fun and put it up here so we can see how you would go about acting the role of Quentyn? :) I'd like to see that!

That's the next step! But so far, based on just the picture, the resume and my own words, do you think I have a chance? An audition tape is the next step and will get on it extremely soon

That's the next step! But so far, based on just the picture, the resume and my own words, do you think I have a chance? An audition tape is the next step and will get on it extremely soon

I think we need to see your acting skills before we can judge that. I mean, you have the resume, but, no offence, anyone could write up something sweet like that (not saying you did that!). I can't wait to see your acting skills, and if they're good you got my support, obviously (if you give us inside information from the set, hehe).

I think we need to see your acting skills before we can judge that. I mean, you have the resume, but, no offence, anyone could write up something sweet like that (not saying you did that!). I can't wait to see your acting skills, and if they're good you got my support, obviously (if you give us inside information from the set, hehe).

hmm this makes sense. I plan on doing the video next week (when I return to London), so I'll try and put it up once I've done it. But so far, do you think I fit Quentyn's physicality?

I think it's a great idea to post ur resume on the forum, not only was it brave, but it lets u get confidence and some support before auditions (i think casting for quentyn will begin in the next two years or somen). U look the part (better than necessary, which is gr8 cos hbo wants attractive actors more than the other kind) and seem dedicated. u also have 2 years to work on acting for it. i think making a video of you reading some of quentyn's lines from the book and working on ur character that way would be really good idea. make sure you post it on here so we can see it too! good luck dude!

Archived