Ned Stark vs. Jamie Lannister

Lion of Judah

Jaime. Ned wasn't by any means a poor swordsman but Jaime was exceptional. The only reason Ned might stand a chance is whether or not you believe he killed Arthur Dayne or whether Dayne was hindered by Howland before Ned finished him off (I believe the latter)

Jaime. Ned wasn't by any means a poor swordsman but Jaime was exceptional. The only reason Ned might stand a chance is whether or not you believe he killed Arthur Dayne or whether Dayne was hindered by Howland before Ned finished him off (I believe the latter)

That was seven against three. Had it been evenly numbered, Ned would have been annihilated by the Sword of the morning.

Jaime would even beat him one handed. Ned would probably knock him down and put his sword to his throat and ask him if he wanted to yield, Jaime would say "sure, yield" and then cut Ned's legs off.But Ned would still lose.

edited so that Jaime doesn't actually tell Ned he's going to cut his legs off...

Jamie in single combat; Ned if they're leading opposing armies in battle.

I agree with this. Jaime is one of the best swordsmen in Westeros, and while Eddard is decent, he isn't as great. However, Eddard is a seasoned commander and a excellent military strategist, while Jaime has a "charge headfirst into everything" mentality, meaning that in a military battle, Eddard would win.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's as cut and dry as everyone thinks I think Ned was the type of fighter who rose to the occasion and probably needed to be in real "beef" to Proform his best .... The guy did fight in two wars and from what Robb Cat and others have said in the thick of the battle and he was unharmed and I know a lot of people like to think H. Reed did some wizard/voodoo stuff to save his life vs Arthur Dayne but I've always felt its was something far more subtle a word or a look or some advise but Ned being so humble and all that happen there he ate it down... I always imagined that Dayne called Ned out for the 1on 1 aka. The fair one because he heard the rumors about he's sister and Ned and or her brother and Ned got lucky and beat the best fighter in the world it happens joe Lewis got knocked out so did sugar ray Robinson both in their prime and they are the best boxers ever...except with swords ur first lose is your last I think one think that grrm tries to get acrossed is in war or a fight for that matter anything can happen anyone can die

Archived