What is your favorite scene from the show so far?

Mark Antony

Tyrion's confession S1

The burning of Drogo with the hatching of dragons

The whole Blackwater episode:

"I'll lead the attack", Cersei and Tommen in the throne room

Jaime and Brienne in the bathtub

Can't put these in order because they're equally as epic, but favourite 5 are:

-Battle of Blackwater

-Cersei and the child just before Tywin bursts in to tell them the war is over and they won

-Tyrion/Tywin scenes in season 3

-Jon Snow: 'you were right the whole time!' Battle with the wildings and break up with Ygritte - two very epic but sad scenes

-Jaime thorough out season 3. Fantastic.

Other notable little parts:

-The f*cked up kid that wants to see Tyrion die when Cat has him prisoner.

-Hodooooorrrrrr! Down the well haha.

-When Sam first uses the dragon glass

-the cave scene...yeah i said it...and not just for ygrittes boobs. it was a naked sex scene that was actually really powerful and important to the story. Oh and 'that thing you do with your mouth' lol!

-Varys and Littlefinger's conversation by the iron throne

-Arya killing that Frey soldier. So sinister.

-'Nobody cares what your father said'

-the red wedding of course-especially RobbWind

-'don't betray me Jon Snow, or I'll chop your pretty cock off and wear it round me neck' made me laugh, don't know why. Love Ygritte!

The whole of GoT basically.

• 10 months later...

A ton of great ones but even now it remains the revealing of The Mother of Dragons.

She's come so far from the moment we meet her, and the scene is filmed and cut beautifully - from the overhead shots showing the pyre being lit with Drogo in the centre, surrounded by the two rings as they catch alight, to the witch wailing her chant, then crying out as she is overtaken by the flames and Dany enters the fire herself, and Jorah looks on, and the khalasar drop to their knees, and the flames rise, and Jorah looks away, and the flames rise, and Drogo is at rest, and the flames rise ... then darkness

... then the morning

... Jorah's feet slowly padding their way through the slowly waking khalasar, padding their way to the ashes ... through the smoke ... where he finds her ... and she's alive ... and she looks up ... and her eyes are huge ... and there's something cradled in her arm ... and there's something making animal noises ... and Jorah gazes down at her ... and Dany looks up at him ... and A BABY FUCKING DRAGON CRAWLS UP OVER DAENERYS TARGARYEN'S SHOULDER!!!

... and the look on Jorah's face ... as if he is about to faint ... or cry ... but knights don't faint ... knights don't cry ... so Ser Jorah Mormont drops his gaze ... and he drops to one knee ... and he says "Blood of my blood" ... because he has just seen a girl braver than any knight emerge from fire with BABY FUCKING DRAGONS!!!

... and The Mother of Dragons stands ... and like Ser Jorah the khalasar drops to their knees ... and the dragons call ... and the dragons call ... AND THE DRAGONS CALL!!!

That and every scene with Bronn.

My top 10 scenes (I might be forgetting some though :/ ):

1. Tyrion's Trial (best scene I've ever seen, in any show or movie- I rewatched it about 5 times the night it aired, and doubled that the next day!)

2. Red Wedding (the entirety of it, starting from when the orchestra starts playing. A haunting yet stunning, heart-wrenching scene. I knew it was coming, but the deaths of Talisa, Grey Wind and especially Cat and Robb were so painful)

3. Jojen's vision- this is a scene, that, for some reason, had a huge impact on me. The "you'll know" was the most depressed I've ever felt watching the show.

4. Dracarys- amazing music, amazing acting by Emilia Clarke, and an epic set-piece. I loved it!

5. "I will be your champion." - Powerful scene by Pedro Pascal and Peter Dinklage. I loved how they kept the story, but used it in a different and much more powerful way! Oh, and amazing music.

6. Theon killing Ser Rodrick- amazing acting by Alfie Allen! Really, really sad scene.

7. Ned's Death- beautifully shot by Alan Taylor. I loved the birds flying away at the end.

8. Jaime's bath-tub confession - NCW delivered an incredibly performance here. Masterfully shot by Alex Graves.

9. Wildfire explosion- so different from other things the show does. Amazing, amazing moment :)

10. "Your sister"/ Snow at the Eyrie (last 10 minutes of Mockingbird)- I loved how it goes from one of the quietest, most beautiful, calmest moments of the show, to an incredibly creepy moment, to a tense one, to be capped of with an epic move by Littlefinger.

These are the moments that reverbrate most to me, with honorable mentions to the forging of the swords, Drogo's speech, Tyrion's speech at Blackwater, Theon's speech at Winterfell, Theon burning the letter and then being *baptised*, Drogo's funeral pyre, Dany's speech at Meereen, Tywin schooling Tommen, every single Arya and the Hound scene, Oberyn and Varys, "Chaos is a ladder", Sansa/Lysa insanity, Night's King, The Legend of Gin Alley, Bran going beyond the wall, Craster's Keep, and many, many more.

I expect almost my entire list to be dominated by moments from the next three episodes :)

I haven't watched any of this season yet, waiting to marathon it, so only the first 3 seasons in my list, in no particular order...

• Dracarys for sure
  • Red Wedding, of course
  • Tyrions confession to Lysa, just too funny, the turtle stew will never fail to make me cry from laughing
  • Catelyn discussing Jon Snow with Talisa? (Robbs wife), I don't recall any such guilt in her from the books which I find sad
  • Neds death
  • Gendry learns who Arya is, I just found it amusing and childish, which was a nice reprieve from the heaviness of the whole storyline
  • Osha killing the guard to help Bran and Rickon escape Winterfell
  • Old Nan telling Bran the scary story
  • Jon, Ghost and the others convincing whats his name to not touch Sam Tarly
  • Not so much the scene, but watching Davos when Mel has her shadow baby was rather interesting

Shireen teaching Davos

Shireen not believing what Mel said

Stannis knows that his daughter taught Davo and he doesn't care

Stannis telling his fire not to harm Shireen

Arya and Sandor killing his brother's men.

Arya killing Freys

Everytime Joffrey got slap

Tommen showing he is noting like her brother when he answer Tywin's questions about what make a good king,

Charles Dance as Tywin

Bronn

I really like Stannis and Renly's 'negotiation' from Season 2. It's the only chance we get to see the two brothers interact. "Born amidst salt and smoke? Is he a ham?"

Other favorites are the Battle of the Blackwater, Ned Stark's arrest, Tyrion's confessions (in the Vale and the much more dramatic one in King's Landing), and anytime Varys and Littlefinger have a conversation.

The trial was amazing, but my favorite scene has always been that exchange between Robert and Cersei in the first season. It's just so well written and acted. It feels very natural. You can tell Mark and Lena really enjoyed exercising their acting muscles in that one.

Dracarys- the wall of fire behind a vengeful looking Dany was a masterpiece.

"Here comes the King in the North!" (Red wedding aftermath)- Seeing the brutality of Robb!Wind hit me more than the actual RW scene. The Stark banner on fire was also a masterful display of symbolism within just one shot.

Tyrion's trial- Goosebumps from the acting.

Robb attacking the Lannister camp- we didn't see the battle but his stony face in the rain and his men shouting "King in the North!" before descending was epic. Robb was definitely "The Young Wolf" in this scene.

Jon, Pyp and Grenn threatening Rast with Ghost.

Hello, very new to ASOIAF & GoT (after resisting for years, succumbed in April), and the forum. My top 5 favorite scenes so far (in no order):

1) S1,E10 (?) "The King in the North" -- I didn't even like Robb Stark in the books. He became my favorite character ever in that scene.

2) S4, E1 Jon Snow walking out on Sam and toward his trial: "I've done plenty wrong."

3) S3, E9 Robb Stark's ultimate death scene. The last shot--he's been gutted, he's looking at his mom and knows it's all over, he's just waiting to fall--was masterfully shot!

4) S4, E2 Joffrey's death scene. Jack Gleeson acted the hell out of that death.

5) S1, E10 -- Dragons' birth

(Hmm, evidently I didn't care much for Season 2)

Archived