"Targaryens are Fireproof" and Other Common Misconceptions

J. Stargaryen

The Knight of the Laughing Tree could be Howland Reed

1. When Meera starts the story, she says that the Knight "might have been a crannogman" and Jojen says "or not".

2. We are told by Jaime, a true expert, that jousting is 75% horsemanship, yet the little crannogman refused a Stark offer of horse and armour because he was afraid of making a fool of himself and losing badly because he knew little of horses and less of lances.

3. If it was HR, then there is no reason the Starks would know the story - it is a house Reed story, not a Stark story, so why are the Reed kids so disbelieving that Bran has never heard it before.

4. If it was HR then it serves zero purpose for the meta-story.

Septa Lemore is Tyene's Mother

1. Septa Lemore has been with Aegon in Essos since before Jon Connington met him, at the age of 5. So well over a decade.

2. Tyene remembers crossing a river on the way to visit her mother in westeros as a young woman, ie well within the last decade.

3. Never mind the dark haired oberyn + dark haired lemore producing a silver-blonde Aegon. While its technically possible due to recessives, GRRM wields his genetics far to bluntly for this. More importantly though, its made irrelevant by 1+2.

3. Never mind the dark haired oberyn + dark haired lemore producing a silver-blonde Aegon. While its technically possible due to recessives, GRRM wields his genetics far to bluntly for this. More importantly though, its made irrelevant by 1+2.

Right thank you very much, I hate this theory so much. Let us not forget that Tyene Sand is said to be fair with golden hair and blue eyes. Her father as you stated has dark hair and dark eyes, neither which is blonde/golden or blue. Septa Lemore has dark eyes that are clearly NOT blue, and dark hair yes she could dye it. But what dye could she be using that does not wash out when she gets in the water every morning? The dye people seem to be using isn't permanent because Aegon quickly washes the dye from his hair, and the other people in Essos like Daario change the color of their hair and beards fairly easily.

On kinslaying.

It's not really common but I've seen a few times people calling the murder of some rather distant relative kinslaying , the kind that's cursed in the eyes of gods and men .This may come from the Karstark accusing the Starks of kinslaying , but they are the only ones who say so and are most probably just trying to escape death. If I'm not mistaking, the only murders who are considered kinslaying by everybody involve a parent/child , siblings or half-siblings or nephew/uncle relationship , uncle/half-nephew if you count Bloodraven and Daemon's children.

in the Hedge Knight, don't we learn that it is the other way around?

No no sir. I will find the quote and pages and post it for you.....

....."-more concerned if they were your sons, I'll wager," an angry man was saying as Dunk approached. His

straight hair and square-cut beard were so fair they seemed white in the dimness of the hall, but as he got

closer he saw that they were in truth a pale silvery color touched with gold.....This is Maekar

"Daeron has done this before," another replied. Plummer was standing so as to block Dunk's view of the

speaker. " You should never have commanded him to enter the lists. He belongs on a tourney field no more

than Aerys does, or Rhaegel."........This is Baelor Breakspear speaking

"By which you mean he's sooner ride a whore than a horse," the first man said. Thickly built and

powerful, the prince-he was surley a prince-wore a leather brigandine covered with silver studs

beneath a heavy black cloak trimmed with ermine. Pox scars marked his cheeks, only partly

concealed by his silvery beard. "I do not need to be reminded of my son's failings, brother. He

has only eighteen years. He can change. He will change, gods be damned, or I swear I'll see him dead.".....This is Maekar

"Aerion is here. He is a better lance than Daeron in any case, it it is the tourney that concerns you."...This is Baelor speaking

Dunk could see the speaker now. He was seated in the high seat, a sheaf of parchments in one hand, Lord Ashford

hovering as this shoulder. Even seated, he looked to be a head taller than the other, to judge from the long straight legs

stretched out before him. His short-cropped hair was dark and peppered with grey, his strong jaw clean-shaven.-This is Baelor

His nose looked as though it had been broken more than once. Though he was dressed very plainly, in gree doublet, brown mantle

and scuffed boots, there was a weight to him, a sense of power and certainty.

If you don't mind my asking why do you think that Lemre is Ashara? I think she is too, but I would like to hear/read some ones elses reasons why.

Well, I suppose to begin with I'm always suspicious of dead characters whose bodies are never recovered. Ashara's connection to Rhaegar, Elia, and Arthur Dayne means she'd be a good person to fill in some blanks about the past, so I always expected her to turn up somewhere. Lemore is about the right age, has stretch marks which tie into her still born child, is a strong swimmer which ties into her throwing herself into the sea, and the clincher for me was Young Griff thinking of her as Lady Lemore.

I think she believes Young Griff is Aegon but that's because Varys has fooled her. She had been banished from KL before the rebellion so Aegon would have been a young infant when she saw him, and she might not have ever seen him, but if Varys convinced her the baby (fAegon) was Aegon then he'd be endorsing his fake as real through her.

Well, I suppose to begin with I'm always suspicious of dead characters whose bodies are never recovered. Ashara's connection to Rhaegar, Elia, and Arthur Dayne means she'd be a good person to fill in some blanks about the past, so I always expected her to turn up somewhere. Lemore is about the right age, has stretch marks which tie into her still born child, is a strong swimmer which ties into her throwing herself into the sea, and the clincher for me was Young Griff thinking of her as Lady Lemore.

I think she believes Young Griff is Aegon but that's because Varys has fooled her. She had been banished from KL before the rebellion so Aegon would have been a young infant when she saw him, and she might not have ever seen him, but if Varys convinced her the baby (fAegon) was Aegon then he'd be endorsing his fake as real through her.

I have always found it weird, suspicious that Asharas body was never recovered. Also the little details about her death does not seem right to me. I think Tyrion not really noting the color of Lemores eyes was done on purpose. Lemore is said to be still handsome for 40 or past 40. Its said well if she is past 40 then she cant be Ashara. Tyrion is always good about guessing ages and he could be off by a year or two. She might still 37-39. She might just look a little older than she really is. She is not exactly living like a highborn Lady would. She spends lots of time on a boat in the sun and has done so for many years it seems. The sun does bad things to the skin even ages you.

But what has that got to do with Septa Lemore being Ashara? Sorry, maybe I'm missing something here because I'm convinced Lemore is Ashara.

Tyrion would have noted the violet eyes of Septa Lemore if she had them. That is the one thing that always pops up when someone, Cat and Barristan, thinks of Ashara.

Archived