Thread for Small Questions v. xxii

Angalin

Just answered: what happened to Arya's iron coin.

A new one to kick off:

In Game, during the Hand's tourney, a woman's head was found in the Great Sept, floating in the rainbow pool. Was Qyburn already in town?

I have just started here, and HAVE NOT swam through all the millions of posts. I am overwhelmed actually. Can someone PLEASE just catch me up with the theory people are talking about everywhere, in which they think Jon is the offspring of Rheagar and Lyanna? I think its CRAZY...but I wanna know where they are getting the idea from, so I can follow the talk without having to read 800 million posts before I understand 1 thing. I have finished all 5 books.

I have just started here, and HAVE NOT swam through all the millions of posts. I am overwhelmed actually. Can someone PLEASE just catch me up with the theory people are talking about everywhere, in which they think Jon is the offspring of Rheagar and Lyanna? I think its CRAZY...but I wanna know where they are getting the idea from, so I can follow the talk without having to read 800 million posts before I understand 1 thing. I have finished all 5 books.

You'll find most of the evidence for the theory at this link:

http://towerofthehand.com/essays/chrisholden/jon_snows_parents.html

in Braavos, arya finds the FM house of black and white. what colour was the front door? where is that bit in the books, and the bit where shes looking at the many faces symbols?

When Arya arrives to braavos, they leave her in the house of B&W. She saw a "flight of stone steps led from its doors to a covered dock"

"At the top she found a set of carved wooden doors twelve feet high. The left- hand door was

made of weirwood pale as bone, the right of gleaming ebony. In their center was a carved moon

face; ebony on the weirwood side, weirwood on the ebony."

eta: this is Feast

What is the crownland's bastard name? What if say Joff was alive, and Tommen did Myrcella and made a Daemon Blackfyre. Do the bastards parents get to choose a name for their kid?

It's Waters for a Crownland's bastard. Generally, the parents (probably the father) would decide the name.

Isn't it Tanner for the crownlands? That's the last name of Lollys's son, and I think he's a crownlands bastard.

Lollys's baby was named Tanner because she was raped behind the tanner's shop.

I have a question to ask which I am curious about...

GRRM said that, upon the death of Rhaegar Targaryen, he was cremated, as is traditional amongst Targaryens.

However, Daenerys Targaryen is the unburnt, fire does not affect her. So, upon her death, she couldn't be cremated, or will the 'unburnt' effect wear off upon death?

GRRM said that, upon the death of Rhaegar Targaryen, he was cremated, as is traditional amongst Targaryens.

However, Daenerys Targaryen is the unburnt, fire does not affect her. So, upon her death, she couldn't be cremated, or will the 'unburnt' effect wear off upon death?

Actually, a reverse chemical effect happens and she will burn quicker hotter and brighter.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

The Targaryens (Daeneris included) are NOT fireproof. The birth of her dragons was a one time only, miraculous event, as stated by GRRM.

Here is a thread that can help

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/62101-a-public-service-announcement-the-targaryens-lack-of-immunity-to-fire/

She can be burnt. GRRM has said coming out of the fire with the dragons was a one off event. She got burnt when she went into the fighting pit to get Drogon

Archived