Epic re-read project

ASRAIL

Hi all, I'm on my first re-read of the series and I came up with the idea that I should read AFFC and ADWD together like one big book, as they were originaly planned to be. So here is the schedule I came up with:

Day 1: Feast - Prologue, Ironborn 1st chapter of the book.

Dance - Prologue, Tyrion 1st chapter of the book.

D2: F - Dorn 1, Cersei 1, Brienne 1.

D - Dany 1, Jon 1.

D3: F - Sam 1, Arya 1, Cersei 2.

D - Bran 1, Tyrion 2, Quentyn 1.

D4: F - Jaime 1, Brienne 2, Sansa 1.

D - Jon 2, Tyrion 3, Davos 1.

D5: F - Ironborn 2, Cersei 3, Dorn 2.

D - Jon 3, Dany 2, Bran 2, Reek 1.

D6: F - Brienne 3, Sam 2, Jaime 2.

D - Tyrion 4, Davos 2, Dany 3.

D7: F - Cersei 4, Ironborn 3 and 4.

D - Jon 4, Tyrion 5, Davos 3.

D8: F - Brienne 4, Dorn 3, Arya 2.

D - Reek 2, Jon 5, Tyrion 6.

D9: F - Sansa 2, Brienne 5.

D - Dany 4, Griff 1, Quentyn 2, Ironborn 1.

D10: F - Cersei 5, Sam 3, Jaime 3.

D - Tyrion 7.

D11: F - Cersei 6, Brienne 6, Jaime 4.

D - Jon 6, Davos 4, Dany 5.

D12: F - Ironborn 5, Cersei 7, Dorn 4.

D - Mel 1, Reek 3.

D13: F - Breinne 7, Jaime 5.

D - Tyrion 8, Bran 3, Jon 7, Dany 6.

D14: F - Arya 3, Jaime 6, Sam 4.

D - Reek 4, Dorn 1, Jon 8.

D15: F - Cersei 8, Cersei 9.

D - Tyrion 9, Reek 5, Ironborn 2, Dany 7.

D16: F - Sansa 3.

D - Jon 9, Arya 1, Reek 6.

D17: F - Brienne 8, Cersei 10.

D - Tyrion 10, Jon 10, Dany 8, Reek 7.

D18: F - Jaime 7, Sam 5. At this point we are done with Feast, from now on we are reading only Dance.

D - Dany 9, Jon 11, Cersei 1.

D19: D - Jaime 1, Barristan 1, Ironborn 3,Tyrion 11, Jon 12, Barristan 2.

D20: D - Quentyn 3, Griff 2, Ironborn 4 and 5, Arya 2, Cersei 2,Tyrion 12.

D21: D - Barristan 3, Quentyn 4, Jon 13, Barristan 4, Dany 10, Epilog.

My biggest concern when thinking about the schedule was whether I'll be able to match the chronology of the two books but I'm currently on the 12th day and I'm quite happy with the result so far.I don't know whether someone did this before but it really had been awesome experience so far so I decided to share it with the fandom. ENJOY!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic idea!

I'm finishing up my first re-read of ASoS and was thinking of doing the same thing. I'm glad I came on here to see if anyone else had thought of doing this. I think I'll give your schedule a try. Please let me know if you have tweaked it at all.

One question. In each day are you reading from all the Feast chapters and then all the Dance chapters or are you bouncing back and forth within each day?

Hi there. I'm glad you liked the idea.

I didn't tweak it, nor I'm planning to do so in the future. It has some little issues like Tyrion's first chapter in ADWD is where he goes to Pentos in a barrel, but Cersei's first chapter in AFFC is the morning after Tywin's murder. So obviously a big time difference and you can decide to postpone Tyrion's first chapter for later, but I figured that this was meant to be so by the author and since the one doesn't affect the other, I decided I can live with that. But there are some other things that fell beautifully into place(for example you get to see the heads of the dwarfs being presented to Cersei in AFFC and then some chapters later you see Penny in ADWD and you find out that one of them was actually her brother's). So I think overall it's quite good schedule.

You should read all the Feast chapters and then all the Dance chapters per any given reading day.

P.S. I would appreciate some feedback once you're done with it(Did you like it? Any advice or recommendation?)

I think that a little bit of mismatch in terms of timeline is to be expected, and we even see that in the first three books. I should be starting the "Epic Re-Read" on Monday and Tuesday. I'll definitely give you feedback. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived