Who will come to Sansa's rescue

SonOfWinter

Tyrion still has a card in play before he gets back to Westeros besides the second sons....one who knows the Vale...and is now a lord with a host. Bronn. One who also could perhaps add the armed Mountain Clans to his strength. I think this will be the downfall of LF....but not Sansa. This is where she will show LF everything she has learned and turn on him....then he will fly.

I think the faith puts Lancel or some other chump against Frankengregor and he gets destroyed...thus showing the power of Cerci's new monster and freeing her. I think Sandor does kill him....just not in the fight for Cerces innosence.

I think this gives things time to play out for Sansa staying in the veil.

I do like the idea of Tyrion saving Sansa. Not sure how likely it is, would imagine he's going to have other things on his mind, but it seems the sort of thing he would do- sort of altruistic because he's not actually in any way in love with her, but does feel as though he owes her his loyalty as her husband.

I also think LF Vs Tyrion would be a terrific battle of wits and balls, and would love to see LF brought down by Tyrion.

Sansa doesn't need help "escaping" Littlefinger. She has the power to kill him any time she wants to. She has the strangler in her possession, and she serves as a steward so she oversees what he eats and drinks. She just needs to slip it into his wine cup and watch him die. She hasn't yet, but she doesn't want to... yet. Once she does--once she discovers his role in Ned's execution, a shoe that has yet to drop for presumably this reason--his death will be swift in coming.

And besides the fact that Sansa being rescued would condemn her to passivity, it would seem a little pointless. Right now, she's pretty close to having the reins over the Vale, giving her an important role in the bigger story to come. If she's rescued from all that, then what role does she play in the story? What does she do next? Pal around with the Blackfish or Bronze Yohn, and watch in quiet admiration while they do important things? Fie upon that.

Sansa doesn't need help "escaping" Littlefinger. She has the power to kill him any time she wants to. She has the strangler in her possession, and she serves as a steward so she oversees what he eats and drinks. She just needs to slip it into his wine cup and watch him die. She hasn't yet, but she doesn't want to... yet. Once she does--once she discovers his role in Ned's execution, a shoe that has yet to drop for presumably this reason--his death will be swift in coming.

And besides the fact that Sansa being rescued would condemn her to passivity, it would seem a little pointless. Right now, she's pretty close to having the reins over the Vale, giving her an important role in the bigger story to come. If she's rescued from all that, then what role does she play in the story? What does she do next? Pal around with the Blackfish or Bronze Yohn, and watch in quiet admiration while they do important things? Fie upon that.

I agree that the idea of Sansa growing out of passivity is one of the main points of her character arc. But even the best players need help sometimes. That's not to say that I think sh will sit back and let whoever helps her handle the dirty work, but rather them following her commands once she takes control of the Vale. Besides, she needs to have a trustworthy second in command.

Sansa doesn't need help "escaping" Littlefinger. She has the power to kill him any time she wants to. She has the strangler in her possession, and she serves as a steward so she oversees what he eats and drinks. She just needs to slip it into his wine cup and watch him die.

I don't think that using strangler is all that clever, as it is known that Sansa and Tyrion killed Joffrey the same way. If she used strangler she would need to do that without witnesses and then get rid of the body and find some good story about what had happened to Lord Baelish. And while I doubt that anyone would weep to see him die, murder is still a taboo.

I agree that the idea of Sansa growing out of passivity is one of the main points of her character arc. But even the best players need help sometimes. That's not to say that I think sh will sit back and let whoever helps her handle the dirty work, but rather them following her commands once she takes control of the Vale. Besides, she needs to have a trustworthy second in command.

Okay, that's certainly fair, and I don't really picture Sansa to be some kind of lone dispenser of frontier justice. But having people under her influence is also much different from having somebody come in and rescue her in some fashion, which is what I object to.

I don't think that using strangler is all that clever, as it is known that Sansa and Tyrion killed Joffrey the same way. If she used strangler she would need to do that without witnesses and then get rid of the body and find some good story about what had happened to Lord Baelish. And while I doubt that anyone would weep to see him die, murder is still a taboo.

I don't think it would be as difficult as that, presuming that she could get Harrold Hardying under her thumb (which she pretty much has to do for her story to advance, so I think that's a given). She would have a scapegoat in mind from the beginning, I assume, and nudge Harrold in that direction. She could have the remaining strangler crystals in that person's possessions somehow, or just come up with some kind of story about how they came into possession of it. (Tyrion was convicted without finding the poison, for example.)

And while Sansa Stark seems like a likely poisoner, she's someplace far far away. Alayne Stone had no reason in the world to kill her beloved father, the man who is responsible for her advancement in the world more than anybody else. Who could suspect her?

To follow up my own comment, I think that Sansa will save herself by the student becoming the master and manipulating Littlefinger into a major mistake. Someone that has not been mentioned as a possible ally is Myranda Royce. However, she could, just as easily become a problem for Sansa.

I don't think she can be trusted ( Mya Stone would be the one to trust here), she has eyes on HtH and LF, her father is owned by LF, no I have three scenarios, Sansa escapes with her cousin and somehow lands in the QI, she escapes with her cousin and gets the courage to goto Bronze Yohnn Royce, she escapes with her cousin and is found by either Brienne and Jamie or Nymeria and or LSH finds her.

I think that Sansa is smart enough to engineer her escape herself.

y would she want to escape from the vale?

becoming the queen of the vale is what she needs. she wants revenge for her family's deaths right?

ofcourse she would probably want littlefinger out of her way but i dont think she is against marrying that bronze yohn guy (i think thats his name)

correct me if im wrong about any of that

Sansa is on a path to be her own savior.

It seems to me that all the stark kids have dispersed and each taken a separate master-mentor in one or another form of awesomeness.

Bran is with BR mastering knowledge

Arya is with the FM mastering death

Sansa is with LF learning political maneuvering

Rickon is in Skagos learning how to eat other humans

I think Jon is mastering leadership and tactics, and Robb was obviously a good general but they're both dead.

Anyway, I think all the stark kids will master their arts then warg, murder, plot, canabalize, and lead their ways out of their respective holes.

Just want to tally one more vote for Sansa coming to Sansa's rescue, and the strangler seems likely enough.

As for Sansa helping herself, I think about the Ghost of High Heart and her dreams. She dreamed of a maid with purple snakes in her hair (i.e. the strangler), and then said that the same maid would slay a giant in a castle made of snow. Not someone else, but the same maid.

I'm getting a little tired of third party rescues for Sansa. If it has to be any third party getting involved (not rescuing Sansa, but helping her out), my vote is for the mountain clans (don't know how or why it would happen, but whatever). Some of them would recognize her from their time as Tyrion's goons in King's Landing, they might have some vague residual loyalty to Tyrion that would protect her, they wouldn't care what Littlefinger wanted or thought at all, and I dunno, it would be fun to see Sansa allying with a bunch of bloodthirsty savages and honing her political skills trying to keep them from killing each other. (We're getting into super crackpot territory, but it would be awesome if Sansa did the slumming with the mountain clans while Arya wound up getting some kind of training in refined ladyship during her Izembaro stint, for which she needs a "pretty face." Bonus points if Sansa gets weapons training, hacks off all her dyed hair and gets a badass nickname.) If GRRM is going to throw in a crazy plot twist, I'd much rather it be the mountain clans getting involved in the Vale political storyline.

It seems to me that all the stark kids have dispersed and each taken a separate master-mentor in one or another form of awesomeness.

Yup. The living Stark kids are training up to do something awesome in the upcoming battle (although they might not all be on the same side). That's probably why Sansa hasn't done anything super impressive using her political skills yet (besides staying alive, which is a big accomplishment in of itself): she's being kept in reserve to do some amazing politicking. Arya's probably going to have a very important target to take out. Bran's going to have eyes everywhere, relay messages, and warg everything. Rickon...is going to eat someone important, I guess. (Maybe Wyman Manderly? Irony!)

I think Jon is mastering leadership and tactics, and Robb was obviously a good general but they're both dead.

It's probably for the best that none of the surviving Stark kids have done anything super amazing or high profile yet (besides stay alive), since they'd likely share Robb's fate: a lot of accomplishments and successes out of the gate but tripped up by a fatal mistake before very long. I suspect this will be Aegon's fate as well: a lot of early success, followed by a fatal error and an untimely end.

Anyway, I think all the stark kids will master their arts then warg, murder, plot, canabalize, and lead their ways out of their respective holes.

Indeed! I'm looking forward to it. For symmetry's sake, I'd think all the Stark kids have to turn on their mentors, but I don't know how Arya and Bran could do that. Sansa pretty much has to, but she seems disinclined to go against Littlefinger these days (and she has no incentive to do so, unless circumstances change).

I definitely think Sansa will use the poison she still has in her possession... just hoping its on Littlefinger right when he thinks he's won the "Game" he'll be outplayed by little unassuming Sansa.

The poison seems like a Chekhov's gun for sure, and Tyrion used the poison he had on his person (not on anyone important, but still). I just don't see Sansa poisoning someone in cold blood. In self-defence, maybe, but how would that even work? You can't really dissolve one of those things when you're in the middle of being attacked.

I do feel as if taking down Littlefinger is Sansa's "job." It might not be the awesome/amazing political thing that she's being trained to do, but if she manages to do it (actively instead of indirectly causing his downfall due to him making some blunder on his own out of love/lust for her), she'll pretty much vault into the big political power players of the game, since she'll have pulled off something no one else has managed to do. I hope she manages it all with her brains rather than deliberately playing on his feelings for her, but that seems to be how it's going to play out (Littlefinger's little speech to Sansa about how once you know what a man wants, you know how to move him, and we all know that Littlefinger wants Sansa). I don't know how she gets from point A where she is now (total acquiescence to Littlefinger, cooperation with his plans, acceptance of her bastard identity as permanent) to point B (rejects Littlefinger's plans for her, takes out Littlefinger), but she has to get there sooner or later. She is the only one who can take down Littlefinger, maybe not out of any intrinsic intellectual superiority of hers, but because she looks like Cat and that has already caused him to compromise his judgment more than once, and let her closer than he's let anyone else. This was set up way back in AGOT ("You have her hair"), and it's going to come full circle sooner or later, the only question is how.

In my opinion Littlefinger is a mastermind and has his hands in everything. i think sansa will stay with him at least until both of them are confronted with another great power.

I hope she will stay with him because littlefinger and tyrion are my favourite characters.

I think Jon is injured but alive, none of his injuries seemed deadly.Probably that's the "kill the boy..." part.

But I agree with you, they are all learning different skills. Remember what Ned said "when winter comes the lone wolf dies but the pack survives". I think Robb was the lone wolf, and he died. In my opinion the rest of the kids will find each other at one point and will fight together as a pack with all their skills complementing each other.

There is an interesting podcast about Sansa's future here: http://boiledleather.com

It takes a bit of scrolling but it is the latest podcast, Episode 13.

Some interesting thoughts on Sansa and that she may be able to save herself, because she is very skilled at being a survivor. In fact Sansa managed to survive relatively unhurt some situations that probably would have destroyed everyone else.

She is seen as the least Stark-ish, but in my opinion this is not correct.

She is a Stark and uses what is in her genes and upbringing. One of her forefathers was Torhen Stark, who knew when to kneel to keep your integrity and maintain possibilities for future use.

Podcasts are planned for all the female main characters of ASOIF. Episode 13 covers Sansa as well as Cersei.

I enjoyed listening to it..

How about no one! Someone coming to save Sansa will completely disregard all the growth she had made in the books she has played part in. Her arc could easily be named as the anti-fairy tale. In fairy tales you always have the brave knight/prince coming to save the damsel in distress. Since this is an anti-fairy tale wouldn't it make sense if Sansa saved herself. How about the Damsel saving herself from distress. I prefer Sansa to save herself. To reach her goal to gain agency on her autonomy and choose her life how she wants it to be and not some damn patriach (ned, joffrey, tyrion and recently little finger).

Archived