Will Sansa ever learn she is a warg?

aedalia

Although it is mentioned in the prologue to ADWD that birds are one of the harder creatures to warg into. Having said that Sansa wouldn't initially need to control the creatures in question to gain information.. just happen to be a 'fly on the wall' so to speak, so it's not impossible. It would be an interesting development certainly. The other thing I suspect for sansa mind is that the false Arya is a red herring and the sister Melisandre saw coming to Jon on a horse fleeing her marriage would eventually be Sansa. In the case the Sansa is somehow reunited with another Stark there's the chance they could tell her of her true nature.. or as mentioned before Bran could somehow awaken it in her when she prayed in the godswood.. in retrospect it seems a little convenient that in the eyrie there's no weirwoods.

Yeah, I always thought the first step to warging was wolfdreams, so when Sansa lost Lady she was just gonna miss out. But as Sandor refers to her as 'little bird' a number of times I started wondering if another creature, like a bird, might fill the gap. Of course V Sixskins says, regarding Jon, that resisting the urge is a big barrier, and I don't know if Sansa's the type to relish dreams of a bloody wolf hunt. Dreams of flying and eating bird seed wouldn't be so bad I suppose.

All the other Starks have,for lack of a better term,had some emotional catalyst (the loss of a emotional bedrock)that started the warging.

For Bran the fall combined with the burning of winterfell,for Rickon the burning of winterfell as well,for Jon his time with Mance Rayder away from the watch,for Arya a combination of her time with Yoren,the time in the village with Gregors lot and Amory Lorch,Harrenhal and being on the run and the loss of her pack.All still had their wolves however,and as of yet Sansa hasn't yet had a catalyst big enough to cause her to start warging anything as of yet...

All the other Starks have,for lack of a better term,had some emotional catalyst (the loss of a emotional bedrock)that started the warging.

For Bran the fall combined with the burning of winterfell,for Rickon the burning of winterfell as well,for Jon his time with Mance Rayder away from the watch,for Arya a combination of her time with Yoren,the time in the village with Gregors lot and Amory Lorch,Harrenhal and being on the run and the loss of her pack.All still had their wolves however,and as of yet Sansa hasn't yet had a catalyst big enough to cause her to start warging anything as of yet...

She did watch her father get his head cut off and Joff put her through hell.

I think she has been through a hell of a lot though. She witnessed her father's death, had to put up with Cersei and Joffrey on a daily basis, been threatend, beaten by the Kingsguard, almost raped, she has been through a siege (well Battle of Blackwater Bay, but probably still pretty stressful) and her own aunt nearly pushed her through the moon doors. If that wasn't enough than I don't know what will be.

I'm not sure trauma is what does it, necessarily. I think it's more losing something that is a part of you - independent movement, eyesight, the Watch. All the kids have lost Ned, Cat (or other mother) and Winterfell and that didn't do it. Bran, Arya and Jon are the only ones to lose themselves. Now that Sansa is Allayne, I think that'll wake her inner warg.

Sansa warging would be pretty awesome but i just dont really see it happening. The reason the other Stark kids realize it is because of the bonds they had with their direwolves and the fact those wolves are still alive. (well, not Grey Wind but yeah...)

Robb is implied to have been able to warg Grey Wind in some way. Grey Wind was always with him in battle and ripping the hell out of his enemies.

Jon and Ghost. Natch.

Arya wargs Nymeria loads of times. The fact the two are separated (across the Narrow Sea no less!) makes it clear shes got it pretty strong. Plus she begins to warg cats.

Bran. lol just Bran.

Rickon probably does warg Shaggydog. He even says he has the same dream Bran has about Ned in the crypts. Plus Shaggydog is as wild and feral as Rickon.

Sansa is the odd one out. Lady is dead and she died before the true bond was even forged. There arent any other animals around Sansa for her to forge a bond with. Im beginning to think that she wont really be able to warg.

first of all I think lady is alive... as part of her in sansa and second i even think she's a greenseer

I haven't seen a theory that she is a greenseer but I do agree that Lady is alive in Sansa to some degree. There has been quite a bit of discussion on Sansa's warging skills in the PtP thread around this. I don't think she will ever warg an animal in the traditional sense as her siblings did. However, I think Sansa's warging skills manifest in other ways. There are several clues that Sansa is a bit of an empath and that skills seems to be growing over time. She's very good at flattery and has a strong sense of compassion. It comes out the most when Sansa relays that she spoke without thinking or says that something made her speak up but she didn't know why.

I don't think she's ever going to realize her warg potential and think that warging ability is attached to the presence of the direwolves. The loss of Lady has to mean something, and it didn't foreshadow her imminent death like I thought it did, so am now convinced that Lady's death may have symbolized the loss of Sansa's warging ability (along with her childhood ideals, but that's for a different thread).

My belief is that the loss of Lady symbolized the death of Sansa as a Lady along with her ideals of what a Lady is. If we look what happened to her in KL, that is exactly what happened.

My belief is that the loss of Lady symbolized the death of Sansa as a Lady along with her ideals of what a Lady is. If we look what happened to her in KL, that is exactly what happened.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at in my parenthetical, but I still think Lady's death has some bearing on her ability to warg.

I do love the idea of her being an empath of sorts. Given her history of soothing, it makes sense.

I do too which is why I like my warging = empath theory so much. She does indeed have a history of it, with Ser Sweetrobin, twice with the Hound, the women during BBW, Lollys, and a few other occassions. Have you ever met someone that seems to have a very calming presence? That's what I think Sansa does.

I dont know, i think her losing her wolf could be a big factor of her having no warg abilities at present, and who knows, maybe it could just be weaker in some people than others, i mean some wargs only inhabit one animal, where as varamyr sixskins was obviously more skilled and yet again bloodraven controlling so many ravens, Im assuming bran will be quite a formidable warg-greenseer also.

I do too which is why I like my warging = empath theory so much. She does indeed have a history of it, with Ser Sweetrobin, twice with the Hound, the women during BBW, Lollys, and a few other occassions. Have you ever met someone that seems to have a very calming presence? That's what I think Sansa does.

Well .... yes, with the characters she wanted to sooth :lol: I guess she did talk Joffrey down a time or two....

I'm not a big fan of warging, so I'd like the Sansa story arc sans warging. So far the story arcs have been pretty good, without lots of magic/warging. I like the characters, to many with special abilities would take away from the story for me.

I'm not certain Sansa's even got the ability - if Lady was alive, probably, but there's been not even a hint of her connecting with any other animal like that. (I don't think the old dog at the Fingers is indicative of it at all.)

If she does, perhaps the "little bird" may have a falcon in her future ?

Well .... yes, with the characters she wanted to sooth :lol: I guess she did talk Joffrey down a time or two....

I think we got some hints that she was getting pretty good at manipulaintg him though. And she did get him to throw coins out to the crowd which is pretty big. But, that's a good point. There is actually one glaring example of the books where she failed to make an empath connection which I think is very revealing. It's her thoughts about Tyrion during the day of the PW. It's the only time that we see in the books that she doesn't figure out what the other person wants.

Archived