your ideal a song of ice and fire ending (merged threads)

Sothoryosdragon

Dany lands at White Harbor with her dragons, but she is defeated by the Lannisters. Her and her dragons die and become wights.

Then we start a replay of the Night's King saga, with Jon as king and wighted-Dany as his queen and the wighted dragons under the command of the Great Other. Together they ravage Westeros, and the Lannisters realize they made a mistake by opposing Dany when she first came. They are left wishing they had a Targ with dragons to offer stability to the realm.

After winter ends the Others/wights subside to the wall and Jon is taken captive for working with the Others to destroy the realm. The truth of Jon's birth is discovered, and they realize by breeding him they could produce a Targ lineage. So Jon's fate for the rest of his life is to be kept in a tower cell and experience a never-ending supply of highborn women sent to him for the express purpose of impregnation. He dies as the record holder for most children fathered by a Westerosi.

All goes to hell in the South with both Tommen and the Targaryens killed in a great battle between the Lannisters-Tyrells and the Targaryens and their supporters. In the aftermath two armies, championing Edric Storm or Trystane Martell and the two armies race towards King's Landing in order to marry their candiate to Myrcelle. The two armies break into the city at the same time and fight each other as they race for the Red Keep, where Jaime sits on the Iron Throne with Myrcelle in his lap to see who will come first to claim the Iron Throne.

In the North Roose kills Stannis and then orchastrates Ramsay's death and pass his titles on to his son with Walda Frey, and fifteen years into the future Richard Bolton kills the last direwolf in the North and makes a cloak of its skin.

The Starks reunited and back in Winterfell and thus being the ruling family of the North again is all I want.

As for the rest, I couldn't care less. But if I had a saying in it; Stannis sits the Iron Throne, Jaime is Lord Commander of the Kingsguard again, Davos is Hand, Daenerys rules Dragonstone as the Lady of Dragonstone or she rules (parts of) Essos. Cersei is back in Casterly Rock, screwing things up there, so that Tyrion becomes Lord of Casterly Rock. The Tyrells hand over Highgarden and the Reach to either the Tarlys or the Florents and become minor bannermen instead. The Night's Watch won't be needed anymore, so those Brothers are going back to wherever they want. The free folk will either live in the Gift or go back to where they came from, they can choose.

All of this after a great, massive battle between the Targaryens, Lannisters and the Tyrells, after Jon Snow with his Night's Watch and the free folk defeat the Others. Great losses of course.

Jon snow does not become king of the world, hero that was promised, boring cliched generic whatever.

Instead, he helps defeat the others using teamwork, and chooses to stay on as a sort of ambassador for the wildlings and helps bridge ties between the north and the wildlings.

Asha Greyjoy is lady Grejoy of Pyke and also she marries Qarl the Maid AND tristifer Botley. Justin massey dies in the war vs others.

Arianne Martell is Princess of Dorne, and happily ruling whilst being married to Wilas Tyrell, a handsome and crippled man.

Samwell Tarly is happy. Thats all.

Bran is somewhere being a tree.

Arya disappears , hunting alongside nymeria till the end of time.

Uncat is gone.

Too many characters...urgh...

Dany is dead in the war, Jamie kills Cersei, Tyrion kills jamie, Brienne kills tyrion and then lives out her day as a knight for Sansa Stark, lady of the vale and queen of the north.

Rickon decides to go pirating . Victarion and Euron die horrible deaths. Aeron jumps into the sea and is not reborn.

R+L=J.

Loras is LC of the kingsguard at Jamies death, Margery escaped trial and becomes Queen of the seven kingdoms alongside tommen.

idk, too many characters.

- Aegon VI reclaims the Iron Throne and is henceforth known as Aegon the reconqueror

- Daenerys is either princess of Drogonstone or empress in Essos

- Stannis somehow gathers an army large enough to again try to take the throne, in a decisive battle hi is smashed worse than at the battle of Blackwater by Aegon and Stannis himself is captured.Instead of killing him Aegon exiles him to the Free Cities where Stannis is a laughing stock at taverns with his rants about how hi is the rightful king of Westeros.Hi becomes known as the "beggar king"

- Melisandre is drowned

- Sansa find happiness

- Ramsay suffers an appropriate death

- Everyone else has a relatively happy ending

What I want may not be the best read but I will list only characters that I'm most interested in:

- No more Starks die ! Except for UnCat - she should re-die

- Jon is not dead ! He leads the fight against Others and I don't mind if he dies as long as it's not pointless death...

- Arya and Nymeria are reunited ! Arya becomes Lady of Winterfell (not linking any other Stark children's chances)

- Jamie and Brienne are alive in the end

- Dany finally does something useful and helps Jon fight the Others with fire

- Freys and Boltons are exterminated

- Bran returns to Winterfell

- Davos is alive and Hand of the King of the Seven Kingdoms

- Dolorus Edd is alive and moderately happy

Aegon turns out to be a Blackfyre, but he rules anyway and becomes a great king (not his right, but his duty)... of the south. Sansa becomes queen of the south.

Daenerys seduces Khal Jhaqo. While he's f**ing her, they are both killed by a certain.. no one. Dany dies with Jhaqo in her. Arya approaches Drogo while she's there and he accepts her. She rides him. She eventually reaches Westeros. Bran sees Drogon from a heart tree and somehow wargs him.

Vic blows the horn and Viserion and Rhaegal fly to find Euron... to kill him.

Eventually Rhaegal ends up with Arianne, and Viserion ends up north.

Somehow the two Lannister swords end up together and are reforged to become Lightbringer.

Jon doesn't die and becomes AAR riding Viserion. After defeating the others alongside Arianne on Rhaegal and Arya on Drogon (Bran), Robb's will comes out, legitimizing Jon and making him king or regent if Robb has a son. Turns out he does. Jeyne joins Jon in Winterfell with her son, King Brynden Stark (after Brynden Tully who saved her life).

UnCat dies.

Bran returns to Winterfell and becomes the greatest religious figure in the north.

Tyrion rules Casterly Rock. Cersei dies. idk about Jaimie.

Varys dies.

LF escapes to Pentos and rules it after somehow killing the Tattered Prince.

Arya marries Trystane Martell (Myrcella dies) and lives with the Sand Snakes and fellow dragon rider Arriane.

idk what happens to the Greyjoys. Maybe Asha rules the kingdom of the isles with Aeron on her side.

Theon lives in Winterfell.

Vic dies in Mereen.

I have much that I would love to see happen but 3 points that in my mind has to happen.

All the remaining Starks finally are reunited including Benjen if he is alive.

Arya and Gendry are together, married or not I do not care.

Sansa is happy and does not have to deal with horrible people or creeps.

It's hard to imagine a happy ending with this series, especially since we've been promised bittersweet.

I can see Sansa in a political marriage and becoming a Queen of Thorns style schemer, I can see Arya finishing her training and using it to avenge her family, I can see Daenerys living up to her worst family traits and becoming a mad queen, I can see Jon deciding not to pursue any birthright from R+L=J but I'm not sure if he'll survive. I don't really have any guesses for Tyrion, Davos, Asha and a lot of the others. I don't think the Iron Throne will last to the end, I think the seven kingdoms will break up and since A Time for Wolves was a working title hopefully the Starks can rule the North again.

At the moment the last chapter I keep imagining is a Littlefinger point of view where he's schemed and manipulated his way into surviving the war, avoided justice for everyone he's betrayed and clung onto a position wherever the power is now while spring has come again. As he congratulates himself on playing the game perfectly Arya cuts his life short. I think the perfect last line would be 'Winter is Coming', it'd show the series has come full circle.

While I don't want Dany to end up queen, I do love the idea of Barristan reforming the Kingsguard and it being the best damn Kingsguard in centuries.

I think I'd like Dany to have some sort of 'Jack-from-Lost'-esque role - ultimately not the ruler, but has to make some crucial sacrifice. Maybe having to choose between defending the realm from Others or taking the throne, leaving Stannis or something.

But as has been said, I'm very confident that whatever options I have in my head aren't nearly as good as the actual ending.

Ned woke with a start. Moonlight streamed into his chamber, his breath painting frost on the air. The furs beside him moved."

"Ned?Is something amiss?"

"No my lady. Naught but queer dreams. Very queer dreams."

His wife sighed and settled under the coverlet, preparing to drift back to sleep.

"Oh, Cat?"

"Mm?"

"Jon is not actually my son. He's lyanna's son by Rhaegar. Just thought you should know. keep schtum okay?"

*FADE TO BLACK*

Archived