First scene of Season 3

princethomas

He can call the volleyball Wilson, or to better tie to the original source material, the volleyball shall be known as The Mother.

Seriously, as stated by others, a few choice words would do. Even silence could work here if the visual cues are there to set-up that the location is deadly, that Davos is almost dying of dehydration, and he is saved when he is almost delirious. The viewer can just work out on his own what Davos is thinking (so it's a plus for the reader to actually know but I think his almost-dying thoughts are easier to figure out in a general sense).

Definitely not on board with the voice over idea, but there are ways to imply Davos' intentions without using one. A brief dream sequence of sorts perhaps? It wouldn't be the first time they had used one.

Having said that, I don't even think that will be the first scene. Although it would be a good one. I think it'll be something to do with the NW.

I think the reason the davos scene would be better to start episode 2 is because the audience will have a very powerful moment of, hey! I was wondering what happened to that guy! I think non book readers will presume he is dead if he isn't in the first episode, which will make that scene much more powerful in episode 2. Essentially, that's what Martin does in the book too by not letting you know Davos's fate until chapter 5.

I guess we can all agree we are excited to see that scene no matter what episode it's in!

^ I'd like Davos for similar reasons. It would tie in Blackwater to the coming season in a nice way.

Come to think of it, the perfect start would be The Fist -> Opening Credits - > Davos on rock.

This. I'd love if the battle on the Fist happened before the opening credits, like the premiere of season 1. It's the best option IMHO.

Doubt they do the scene before the credits. They did it in season 1 because it was the opening prologue of the entire series. S2 started with the credits as the ensuing seasons all will as well most likely.

I like Davos on the rock and I think it needs no dialogue whatsoever before he gets picked up by Saan. It would be very powerful.

Davos is quite crucial to the plot

The main plots of season 3 have nothing to do with Dragonstone or Stannis, much less Davos. I don't think it's wise to open the season establishing a tangential storyline.

Season 2 started with KL and Tyrion's arrival, which was the main focus of the season.

Season 1,after the prologue, started with the Stark family, which was the core of the series and the season.

So, the question is, what is season 3 about? Where is the main focus?

In the books, the main characters of Storm are Jon and Arya, and to a lesser extent, Dany.

But I guess, the show will focus much more on Robb this season.

Still, I think the show will open with the very visual and cinematic Battle of the Fist of the First Men.

Doubt they do the scene before the credits. They did it in season 1 because it was the opening prologue of the entire series. S2 started with the credits as the ensuing seasons all will as well most likely.

I like Davos on the rock and I think it needs no dialogue whatsoever before he gets picked up by Saan. It would be very powerful.

Technically season 2 started with a recap of of S1. They could do the same here, but perhaps with the recap finishing with the final shots of S2, which would then follow on immediately to the start of the episode proper and the FOTFM. Then we get the credits, and then Davos on his rock.

If taking the whole of ASOS, Davos' storyline is quite significant. Although not the main storyline, season 3 has to build up the Stannis/Davos storyline before they go to the Wall. I may be thinking past the first scene now, but Davos reading the letter to Stannis would make good season finale material along with Jon escaping the wildlings to set up S4.

The recap is not an actual part of the episode, is it? It's not included in the BluRays.

Hmm. Well in any case I think recap (for when it does appear.), FOTFM, credits and then Davos would work best.

Because that scene was already covered in the ending of season three.

No it wasn't. It was teased at the end of S2 (I assume you mean season 2, not 3) and it would be pretty scummy to not follow it up properly. Of course that doesn't mean it has to be the very first scene, but I can think of nothing else that would open the season with as much of a bang.

No it wasn't. It was teased at the end of S2 (I assume you mean season 2, not 3) and it would be pretty scummy to not follow it up properly. Of course that doesn't mean it has to be the very first scene, but I can think of nothing else that would open the season with as much of a bang.

Yeah, sorry I meant S2.

Hmm... I see your point.

Archived