Why didn't they include jojen and meera?

dustyboy316

Hey, just wondering how Jojen and Meera Reed got left out when Bran left Winterfell. Am I missing something, or are they somehow going to meet them in the wild?

I guess Jojen's green dreams could lead them to each other in the wild, but why wouldn't you just bring them to Winterfell like the books?

You'll be happy to know that no one forgot about the Reeds. The delay of their introduction was by design as it was felt that there were already too many new character introductions in Season 2 so the Reeds (along with Ramsay and the Blackfish) were pushed into Season 3. We'll have to wait and see how they'll join up with Bran but most likely it will be relatively early in the season and if I had to guess, it will be explained that they were coming from Greywater Watch to meet them but their arrival was after the Winterfell razing so they simply tracked the group afterwards. Or they'll just run into each other in the woods. Either way, it's not that big of a deviation as the important thing will be that they link up with Bran's crew on their journey.

What King Tommen said -- there's actually a quote from Benioff or Weiss out there somewhere addressing that question directly. Basically the producers felt adding in more characters in S2 would dilute the story and confuse the audience. They said they've tried to be extremely conscious of how many characters they're introducing per season, because the TV show absolutely must stand on its own and has to be accessible for audiences who have not read the books. That's a smart move, considering there are millions more people who came to the story via TV than via the books.

Archived