Questions for GRRM - WorldCon and beyond vol. 2

kissdbyfire

Maybe he didn't intend a deeper meaning in most of the house sigils, used the location or choice of weapons... But this is not the case for all of them in my opinion. Cercei's memory when she was a child, lion in the cage licking her hand, and there was a kraken horn(?) talk at some point in the books if I am remembering correctly. These always got me thinking to the war between First Men and Andals. I would like the hear him talk about the past and if possible present of the sigils and the houses since I don't think he will about the future.

Thank you. :cheers:

Do (or did) the other houses have a "link" with their sigil animals like Starks and Targaryens?

I found a quote from Martin that might give you a little bit of an answer to this question:

Martin: All of the Stark kids have certain links to the wolf. I think in Westeros there's a certain amount of identification of all these great houses to their sigils, to the animal charges that they bear. The Lannisters are always likening themselves to lions, for example, and their motto "Hear me roar" speaks of a certain way of looking at life. But I think for the Starks it goes a little bit beyond that, especially in this generation, with these direwolves. It's more than just a handy metaphor with them.

Sorry if this has been posted before, first post:

What were the lives and culture of the Dothraki like during the time of the Valyrians?

i.e. Were they subjugated to the Valyrians or were they independent?What, if anything, did they raid and pillage since the Valyrians help the surrounding lands and could have easily drenched them in flame?

Who was Daemon Blackfyre's wife who bore him all his children? Or did he have several? And what happened to his wife after he was killed on the Redgrass Field and the rebels fled to Essos?

I'd like to know if the Seastone Chair has any role to play in the books.I mean,it could suggest the fact that there is a continent west of Westeros,since the First Men found it on the shores of Old Wyk,which is the western-most place of the known world.It could also mean that there were other ruling-races before the CotF.

Men such as Gregor, Ramsay, the Bloody Mummers and some others are really baaad. They are without conscience and are beyond divine redemption. Seven Hells is the place they should be. But reading this quote of yours, I'm starting to wonder...(here's the quote first):

What is bad? Bad is a label. We are human beings with heroism and self-interest and avarice in us and any human is capable of great good or great wrong. In Poland a couple of weeks I was reading about the history of Auschwitz - there were startling interviews with the people there. The guards had done unthinkable atrocities, but these were ordinary people. What allowed them to do this kind of evil? Then you read accounts of acts of outrageous heroism, yet the people are criminals or swindlers, one crime or another, but when forced to make a choice they make a heroic choice. This is what fascinated me about the human animal. A lot of fantasy turns on good and evil - but my take on it is that it's fought within the human heart every day, and that's the more interesting take. I don't think life is that simple.
Now my question is, would those same men I mentioned and some others out there are capable to do unthinkable heroism if given a chance or given a choice?

Did Beric performed the usual Red Priest burial ritual before giving Catelyn the kiss of fire, or he just went on giving her the kiss?

Also, did Lady Stoneheart become a R'hllor follower after her resurrection?

To the first, it hasn't been said really, but I would think that he merely gave her the kiss of fire.

To the second, I highly doubt it. There is absolutely no reference to her even caring about R'hollor and frankly, I think vengeance is all that she has on her mind right now.

I dont want to know Jons parentage but I was wondering when or even if we ever will find out a definitive answer..

I mean i want to know for preventative spoilers sake, i wont turn on the tv or computer when the book comes out if you say its in book 7 or 8 until i read that specific book..

I'm curious. Did Tywin have a plan? Because otherwise it seems massively irresponsible to not remarry in light of Jaime being in the Kingsguard and that he hates Tyrion. If he was a brilliant man wanting to improve his house, why not remarry? Why leave it to Kevan? Or hope the Jaime would leave the Kingsguard years later?

Archived