Season 4 characters

ThePickler

I guess it all depends where they are going to start picking up AFFC/ADWD. I'll go on the assumption that they don't start expanding into Dorne and the Iron Islands story in depth until season 5. So, that gives us the most obvious in Oberyn Martell. I'm guessing we will get Mace Tyrell as well, showing up in time for Margaerys wedding. Ellaria Sand may make it. Maybe we will get the Crows Eye, Damphair and Victarion if they want to show what is going on with the Iron Born before they find out about Balon, since the Greyjoys have been introduced already.

I'm thinking:

• Victarion
  • Aeron
  • Euron
  • Oberyn
  • Ellaria Sand
  • Osmund Kettleblack
  • Hyle Hunt
  • Randyl Tarly

Just some possibilities off the top of my head.

Jason Isaacs for Lord Tarly! I can just see him talking down to Brienne in his Lucious Malfoy/Col Tavington manner.

Good list, though. I hope they can get a big name actor to do the Oberyn role, since it amounts to a glorified cameo if they follow the book.

The Red Viper

Aeron Greyjoy

Euron Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy

Mace Tyrell

Randyll Tarly

Are the big ones. We'll probably get some Kettlebacks and possibly some important Meereen characters from Dance moved up to Danys plotline.

I also think that Elara Sand is going to get cut and we'll get Arianne Martell introduced early in her place.

I don't think they'll get to Brienne's AFFC stuff until Season 5 for sure. But when they do, I DEMAND Hyle Hunt.

Nah, i'm 100% sure that Brienne's quest will be in season 4. Otherwise she won't be doing anything for a whole season and it's the perfect way to introduce Uncat.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I was hoping that Mace would be cast this season but there's been no word on him and they should be well into the KL shooting by now surely?

Assuming Joffrey's wedding is in season 4, Penny and her brother need to be cast, since they are such a major catalyst for the ensuing wedding festivities! Penny, of course, will become a more regular character in season 5 and/or 6(7?) depending on how they handle adapting AFFC and ADWD.

Nah, i'm 100% sure that Brienne's quest will be in season 4. Otherwise she won't be doing anything for a whole season and it's the perfect way to introduce Uncat.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I was hoping that Mace would be cast this season but there's been no word on him and they should be well into the KL shooting by now surely?

I think they can give her stuff to do in King's Landing with Jaime... depending on when they put the PW, they may still be traveling at the beginning of Season 4, and then they can have more interaction between them while the whole mess with Renly's death gets sorted out (although they changed that a bit for the show already I guess?). I'd like to see her actually interact with Cercei, that would be fun.

Assuming Joffrey's wedding is in season 4, Penny and her brother need to be cast, since they are such a major catalyst for the ensuing wedding festivities! Penny, of course, will become a more regular character in season 5 and/or 6(7?) depending on how they handle adapting AFFC and ADWD.

Penny and Groat would really only need to be a couple of unnamed dwarf stuntmen dressed in armour and helmets. Their scene would be tiny and not worth casting for Penny at this stage. To be honest, I'm really sure of the logistics involved in using dwarfs to ride pigs and dogs, but I don't think it's possible so perhaps D&D wouldn't even use real people to ride them.

Well, Oberyn and The Greyjoys are coming off the top of my head. And they're all pretty important characters, so they have to be cast sooner or later.

And then there's the Reach lords. Mace Tyrell and Randyll Tarly have to be in the show, and maybe even Paxter Redwyne will show his face once or twice.

Archived