Season 4 characters

ThePickler

• Oberyn Martell
  • Arianne Martell
  • Aeron Greyjoy - the load of Ironmen that come with him (Gormund Goodbrother e.g)
  • The characters introduced in Daenerys' story in Meereen through Storm of Swords, can't pronounce them
  • Big walder
  • Edric Storm
  • Donal Noye
  • Kevan Lannister (reintroduced)
  • Victarion Greyjoy + his ironmen host
  • Ser Illifer, Ser Shadrich, Lord Rykker, Nimble Dick and all the characters Brienne meets on the early part of her Feast For Crows arc
  • Asha's Ironmen host
  • Dalla, Val
  • Iron Emmet
  • Godric Borrell
  • Illyrio reintroduced
  • Jeyne Poole, or whoever will be the fake Arya
  • Marillon
  • Arys Oakheart

These are a few from the top of my head

• The characters introduced in Daenerys' story in Meereen through Storm of Swords, can't pronounce them

These are a few from the top of my head

Noticed in season 2 we only got one real 'Mamluks' names ...

In fact D&D seemed give a wink at George by having the 'spice king' tell Dany his name was not pronounceable. I had to give a laugh at that.

My suspicion is that D&D will keep this up and season 3 only one tongue twister name , like season two a host of high up slave masters will go unnamed.

Same for seasons to come.

Oberyn and Arianne Martell (Elaria will be cut, cuz she has no purpose to the story)

The Greyjoys (Euron & Victarion)

Mace Tyrell (but I think they will change his name, cuz we have a Mance {Ryder}) and Randyll Tarly, who will mention his son, Sam, and people will be like 'So this is that scumbag who sent Sam to the Wall'

people from Dany's story are to difficult to follow (name and otherwise), so I don't care..

Actually, I can't wait to see Janos Slynt and the other asshole (his name slips) again. Off with his head!!!

soo... there won't be so many new introductions, as will in S3, but those in S4 will be like, hugely important!

Off the top of my head

• Mace Tyrell
  • Randyl Tarly
  • Osmund Kettleblack (combining all the Kettleblacks into one.)
  • Oberyn
  • Arianne
  • Doran
  • Areo
  • Arys
  • Obara
  • Nymeria (Combined with Tyene.)
  • Darkstar (I think he will have some significance.)
  • Victarion
  • Euron
  • Aeron
  • Ironborn captain, to accompany Victarion.
  • Strong Belwas
  • Skahaz (I believe part of Dany's ADWD material will be moved into S4.)
  • Hizdahr
  • Green Grace
  • Brown Ben Plumm
  • Cotter Pyke
  • Denys Mallister (we need extra contenders for LC.)
  • Ser Hyle (I think Brienne's quest may be moved forwards but chronology issues would therefore prevent Podrick from featuring in this.

Is Bloodraven on season 3, or do they cut the story so that Bran reaches the cave in season 4? If the latter is true, then they need to cast him.

Seeing as Bran doesn't meet BR until ADWD I find it unlikely we'll be seeing him before S5. It's possible however that all of his ADWD material is shifted to S4, but I think it more likely that his journey through the Haunted Forest will be expanded, ending with him reaching BR's cave.

Who I think/hope will be cast season 4:

Yes:

Euron Greyjoy

Victarion Greyjoy

Aeron Greyjoy

A Kettleblack (unless they do something silly like have Bronn replace them)

Mace Tyrell

Oberyn Martell

Maybe:

Bowen Marsh (hope so)

Arriane Martell (really hope she comes with Oberyn)

Cotter Pyke

Denys Mallister

Val (if not already in)

Oznak Zo Pahl

A leader of Meereen (maybe Reznak Mo Reznak too)

Brown Ben Plumm

Marillon (maybe recast and renamed or an equivalent used)

Ternesio Terys (captain of boat to Braavos)

Lady Distin (move things along a bit)

Randyll Tarly (or maybe season 5)

Unlikely:

Donal Noye :(

Satin :(

Bloodraven (doubt it until S5)

Strong Belwas (just not gonna happen)

So it seems some real big characters but maybe not as many additions as the last few years overall.

I very much aspect that the only Martells in Season 4 will be Oberyn and Elaria (although she doesn't do anything so it may just be Oberyn). The Other's won't be introduced until Season 5 because, like the Reeds not being in season 2 (depsite the fact they're in half of CoK), D+D said that they didn't want the actors having to wait around.

The Greyjoy brothers though, I can see being introduced a season earlier to what they would have been in the books where followed far far more faithfully and it keeps the Greyjoys in it.

For Dany's story they would have to I think include every character otherwise there isn't a lot of stuff for her to do.

I very much aspect that the only Martells in Season 4 will be Oberyn and Elaria (although she doesn't do anything so it may just be Oberyn). The Other's won't be introduced until Season 5 because, like the Reeds not being in season 2 (depsite the fact they're in half of CoK), D+D said that they didn't want the actors having to wait around.

The Greyjoy brothers though, I can see being introduced a season earlier to what they would have been in the books where followed far far more faithfully and it keeps the Greyjoys in it.

For Dany's story they would have to I think include every character otherwise there isn't a lot of stuff for her to do.

The Dornish characters wouldn't have to "wait around" though if there plotline from AFFC was moved to S4. Admittedly they'd have less to do in S5, but tbh I don't see that as a bad thing. If you look at things, S4 is actually quite sparse on separate plotlines whereas AFFC/ADWD is chock full. I mean looking purely at the 2nd half of SOS we have:

• King's Landing
  • The Wall
  • Dany in Slaver's Bay
  • Arya
  • Sansa

And that's it really. Bran doesn't appear for the rest of the book, Robb and Cat are dead, Stannis will likely have sailed for the Wall at this point and Arya and Sansa have precious little material. Compare this to AFFC/ADWD where we've got:

• Kingslanding
  • Dorne
  • Iron Isles
  • The Wall
  • Davos
  • Theon
  • Bran
  • Sansa
  • Arya
  • Slaver's Bay
  • Tyrion
  • Brienne's quest
  • Jaime

That's far too cluttered whereas S4 is way to sparse. It would be better to shift things around so S4 is:

• Kingslanding
  • The Wall
  • Dany in Meereen
  • Arya
  • Sansa
  • Dorne
  • Iron Isles
  • Brienne's Quest
  • Bran in the Haunted Forest

And S5 is:

• Kingslanding
  • The Wall
  • Slaver's Bay
  • Tyrion
  • Arya
  • Sansa
  • Jaime
  • Bran in BR's cave
  • Theon
  • Davos
  • Stannis' campaign

That's still quite a lot I'll admit. But with a 12 episode season being a possibility it isn't so much, and keep in mind that much of this will consist of rather minor subplots. Arya, Bran, Sansa and Davos especially will be fairly miniature arcs.

I realise I've gone way off the topic of your post but what can I say, I love lists. :P

Well for season 4, we have

• The arrival of the martells
  • The PW
  • Tyrions Trail, Oberyn/Mountain fight and escape
  • Sansa's escape to the Vale and what goes on there
  • Ayra and the Hound
  • Dany taking Meereen (which is going have to be stretched out anyway if not already in Season 3, but they have to have her in it)
  • Jon's battles at the Wall
  • Jon becoming Lord Commander story line

Most of these things will be spread over a number of episodes with a extra scenes that have either: only mentioned to have happened in the book and brand new scenes that are unique to the TV series. Granted there will be stuff from FfC/DwD in Season 4, but if the Reeds (who are in half of CoK) didn't appear in Season 2, I very much doubt that the Martell's will appear before season 5.

There's also the difference wether you have recurring (is a side character, but appers in various episodes and maybe different storylines) and supporting (one episode helpers). The latter are way more prevalent and include anything from the various priests, captains and thralls at the Kingsmoot, the Champion of Meeren and so on. They are unnamed because it doesn't matter. Cotter Pyke and Denys Mallister may also fall under such an umbrella since their names are not important, what's important is that the Brothers of the Night Watch can't decide between them and thus it looks like Slynt will get elected. They also are only part of a few episodes (the election can't take too long). Strong Belwas as well, they might introduce him and give him a name as a nod to book readers, but he's not important as Daario can take his place defeating the Champion of Meeren.

So, to say, I'd guess:

Recurring:

Oberyn, Arianne, Mace Tyrell (King's Landing - Randyll Tarly can come later)

Euron, Victarion (Iron Islands - Aeron can be a random priest)

one Kettleblack (maybe another one at the Eyrie replacing Lothor Brune)

Supporting Characters do not really need to be listed up. That list is already long enough with all the characters that didn't die yet. Season 5 is hard to predict since we first need to at least see Season 3 to know where they're going. ;)

I guess most of these characters will be in only in small a role. Since they are splitting the books I imagine they will go into AFFC territory a bit at least, so I think they will introduce either Dorne or the new characters in Iron Islands (most likely Iron Islands as the viewers are somewhat familiar with some of the people in there). Brienne might start her journey.

North:

Dalla and Val (if not already in)

Satin, Bowen Marsh, Donal Noye, Iron Emmett, Cotter Pyke, Denys Mallister and probably few other brothers of the Watch in very small roles.

King's Landing:

Kettleback or two.

Mace Tyrell, Oberyn Martell and Ellaria Sand and few of the Lords that attend both weddings and the trial.

Vale:

Marillion or whatever they decide to call the new singer as Marillion is pretty much gone and probably few minor characters.

Iron Isles:

Victarion and some of his crew

Euron and some of his crew

Aeron

Some of Asha's men

Dorne:

Arys, Doran, Arianne, Darkstar, 1 or 2 of the Sand Snakes, Areo Hotah

Mereen:

Can't even remember all the people Dany meets.

Riverlands:

Few of the Freys, perhaps an another member of the Brotherhood

Oberyn

Arianne

Doran

The Sand Snakes (though maybe reduce the number of them; have like 2 or 3 instead of 8)

Victarion

Euron

Mace Tyrell

Jeyne Poole

Quentyn, Aeron, Aero, and Arys are all better off being left out in my opinion. They're incredibly useless characters (the latter two merely exist as props and nothing more).

Quentyn, Aeron, Aero, and Arys are all better off being left out in my opinion. They're incredibly useless characters (the latter two merely exist as props and nothing more).

I fully agree that Areo and maybe Quentyn/Arys should be left out but I have a feeling that the Damphair will be very important in the downfall of Euron.

Apart from Ser Barristan (who hopefully won't be recast), I don't care for anyone in the Slaver's Bay arc. More of Stannis and Selyse's men will most likely be cast.

I picture Dennis Hopper as the Crow's eye. I know he's probably too rich and maybe too old but that's who I picture when I read. And Arys Oakheart has a sex scene so there is no way HBO cuts his role. There is also sex scene potential for the Sandsnakes and the Kettleblacks so they are in as well. HBO might cut characters crucial to the development of the plot but not if they wear revealing clothing or having sex.

Archived