The Mountain Replaced?

~khaleesi~

Oh. Guess I was wrong. Whatever it is, I hope he comes back, because the Mountain has a BIG thing to do soon - will no doubt be a great scene. Conan, if you're reading this, I hope you know what I'm talking about!

Definitely. I really, really hope they ask him back for season 4.

Does anyone know why they replaced Gregor with a new actor in season 2?

Yes as noted he had the Spartacus gig and the Hobbit film which was an even bigger part.

Since Conan Stevens hasn't been mentioned lately I wondered about Season's 3 and 4 too.

He had a mysterious tweet ......some long plane flights, that was July 7 and he never explained.

Almost sounds like coming back to England for contract talks or even filming.

Who knows the show can be very hush hush.

Now Gregor is necessarily needed in season 3 tho the character does occur in the first part of the book.

He could be , being saved for season 4 when there would be a BIG appearance.

Fly in the ointment is the announcement of a third Hobbit movie which I don't quite understand, but he has signed for that.

On the other hand I have heard nothing about Ian Whyte being in the 3rd season.

I think to the most of the community Whyte was single biggest failure , not just because he replaced Stevens, he just wasn't any good in the part.

Anybody talk to Whyte about last season?

Question mark about wither we see the Mountain in season 3 or not.

I really think it was a mistake recasting Gregor. I mean I understand Stevans was no longer available but imo they should've cast Vargo Hoat instead which would've prevented all this controversy and facilitated Weasel Soup.

Any WWE superstar could be the Mountain, maybe the Undertaker if that guy is still around. I havent watched wresting in 15 years. A little steriods and a big box to stand on and I could be the Mountain. I don't think he has any lines in the books anyway.

Why do people expect the Mountain to be an Emmy-award winning performance? He's not even a major character, and barely a minor character. He gets only a few scenes here and there, and barely has any dialogue. As long as a tall actor plays him, fine with me.

Why do people expect the Mountain to be an Emmy-award winning performance? He's not even a major character, and barely a minor character. He gets only a few scenes here and there, and barely has any dialogue. As long as a tall actor plays him, fine with me.

As long as it's an actual actor, and as long as he looks like a Mountain and not a skyscraper I'm good.

Ian Whyte was a bit too skinny, and you noticed he wasn't an actor, the "YOU!" line just sounded weird.

I wonder why they even bothered recasting the Mountain in Season 2. I mean, he didn't do anything that Vargo Hoat, Amory Lorch or any other couldn't do.

Archived