Why I love Victarion Greyjoy.

Edmund Snow

• 1 year later...

I think I see what you mean. He's somewhat endearing in a sadistic, brutish and utterly devoid of anything approaching human empathy or intelligence sort of way.

@ Dawn Age

Did he really say that about the Dothraki Sea? I don't remember that but that is hilarious. Such a moron. If's almost like if Joey from Friends was a psychopath...

that is not true Victarion has a sense of honor and morality though he probably has become insane in a Dance With Dragons.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think Vic and Dany would make a nice couple. I hope he kills Hizdahr and Daario. Vic isn't stupid, only not cunning enough to play the game. I doubt if Jaime knows that Dothraki sea is made of grass.

:agree:

The sharpest mind versus the sharpest axe, this will be fun.

Tyrion will end up being the 1/4 man.

I think I appreciated him more on the second read. Initially the idea of him turning up and taking Dany as a wife was just a bit jarring from my modern real world perspective. He's doing pretty darn well for a guy that's supposed to be dim of wit, and upon reflection on Dany's other main loves (Drogo and Daario) he actually might be her type - both Daario and Drogo were brutal men with superior fighting skills, more prone towards action than thought or diplomacy. Also with his burnt super fist he'll be the only guy that can hand feed her dragons - surely that's got to count for something.

ADWD "The Iron Suitor" Ch.56

Afterward he put their crews to death as well, saving only the slaves chained to the oars. He broke their chains himself and told them they were now free men and would have the privilege of rowing for the Iron Fleet, an honor that every boy in the Iron Islands dreamed of growing up. "The dragon queen frees slaves and so do I," he proclaimed.

I do love Victarion Greyjoy, definitely one of my faves (along with his brothers :) )

ETA: I did search, sorry if it's been posted!!

Who will be the unlucky man that has to blow the horn that calls the dragon's?

How effective do you think that horn is? Will it be just what Dany needs to control her dragons? or has she already accomplished that more or less getting control of Drogon? (as she said, no Targaryn has ever rode more than one dragon), and I would think Rhaegal and Viserion will follow Drogon's lead.

I am not loving Victorian at all, I find his brothers much more interesting...especially Euron. But his chapter regarding the Maester and the Red Priest (regarding his bad hand) was awesome. I enjoyed the monkeys the most!!!

Same with me. I see him as a fodder villain who will die. Euron however is interesting and really dangerous.

i hope its not victarion... i want to see victarion chokeslammin' a wight with his fiery hand and see if the wights can catch fire when he punchs them.

man now im sad because such coolness would only exist in my head :(

quotin' my self in hopes that grrm throws a giant plothole and make victarion fire-hand vs the cold ones a reality.

Who will be the unlucky man that has to blow the horn that calls the dragon's?

How effective do you think that horn is? Will it be just what Dany needs to control her dragons? or has she already accomplished that more or less getting control of Drogon? (as she said, no Targaryn has ever rode more than one dragon), and I would think Rhaegal and Viserion will follow Drogon's lead.

You can find this out in the Victarion TWOW chapter that GRRM read out. It's on youtube. :)

Archived