RW changes? (spoilers)

Southpaw89

Honestly, "Tywin Lannister sends his regards" would work just as well, and actually makes more sense given that Tywin was in on the RW with Roose. I still love the line from the book, but if they can't have Jaime and Roose meet each other than just switching the Lannister giving "regards" could work

Honestly, "Tywin Lannister sends his regards" would work just as well, and actually makes more sense given that Tywin was in on the RW with Roose. I still love the line from the book, but if they can't have Jaime and Roose meet each other than just switching the Lannister giving "regards" could work

I actually would prefer "Tywin Lannister sends his regards" because it makes more sense and they don't have to worry about whether or not Jaime meets Bolton.

As far as Catelyn killing a Frey, I agree that should remain, but that making him a mentally challenged boy as in the book would be seen as grossly insensitive, especially if they cast someone with Down syndrome. Ugh, how awful.

Any Frey killed by Cat would serve the purpose effectively. Like I said, son or grandson, but making the grandson mentally handicapped didn't add anything to the book, so there's no point in doing the same in the show. The perception/treatment of mentally challenged people in modern western society is a lot different to how it was in our past and, indeed, the ways of Westeros.The Freys made Jinglebell a fool but this would have been normal behaviour in context. I just don't think it translates well to television so I would prefer if they were an able-minded Frey hostage.

I think they will have it a bit more "actiony", and I think they will show Grey Wind's death. Maybe the direwolf escapes from his shackles and makes it to the room where Robb is, where he proceeds to maul some Freys before being taken out. By the way, I think a completely silent 10-second shot of Robb sitting on a throne with Grey Wind's head on him would make for an extremely emotional and shocking end to the episode.

I agree with some others that "Tywin Lannister sends his regards" works just as well if not BETTER than the line from the book. There's not a whole lot about Jaime that makes it important; it's important that it's a LANNISTER. And Tywin is Robb's chief rival.

And as hard as it will be to watch, I think it'd be to the show's benefit to show Robb's direwolf killed. They don't really do flashbacks on the show so they might as well put it in there and really twist the knife in viewer's hearts. Make the most of the format.

I just hope the episode ends with Robb on a throne with Grey Wind's head attached. That sounds odd to say, but it'd be so chilling to see, and would show how far this series will go. I don't think it'd make a good beginning of an episode. I can see it panning up to reveal the direwolf's head, then fade to black and maybe play "Rains Of Castamere" by the Nationals like in "Blackwater".

I think as chilling an ending as that might be (Robb's body with Grey Wind's head), it plays better in book form than on TV. I worry that it will just look sort of silly, like the display of Bran and Rickon's "bodies" at Winterfell which just confused most non-book readers (lots of people barely understood it was supposed to be Bran and Rickon at all, and they looked so fake). I think that one is better heard about afterwards as it was in the books, as something the smallfolk are talking about.

I think as chilling an ending as that might be (Robb's body with Grey Wind's head), it plays better in book form than on TV. I worry that it will just look sort of silly, like the display of Bran and Rickon's "bodies" at Winterfell which just confused most non-book readers (lots of people barely understood it was supposed to be Bran and Rickon at all, and they looked so fake). I think that one is better heard about afterwards as it was in the books, as something the smallfolk are talking about.

Yes, but we'll actually see Robb be killed and recognize what he's wearing and what his direwolf looked like, unlike Bran and Rickon where they were "killed" offscreen. And I didn't think the bodies looked fake at all. They looked how they should if a body was burnt to the bone.

I doubt in the strongest terms that D&D would make any changes for the sake of making their mark. They will make changes on the basis of budget and on the basis of what works on screen and on the basis of whatever other changes they've made to the setup requires (can't have Rolph Spicer if there is no Jeyne Westerling). Period.

I don't imagine the Red Wedding to be that expensive to make. They can make it just like the book but with less people than described. Everything else can work perfectly well. I feel the scene was written in the book as if it was made for a TV series (I guess GRRM's past TV-writer career came out) and I can't see any changes they would make.

it's a shame. roose's conversations in arya's pov in ACOK were AWESOME...

but again, d&d said the chronology isn't set in stone, and they anticipated some things and delayed others, but we're bound to see that content so i'm chill about roose meeting jaime.

I had the thought that they might have Theon and Ramsay present at the RW somehow. Perhaps instead of bringing Robb some flayed skin, the Boltons present Theon to Robb before the wedding. Theon taunts Robb, secretly hoping to goad Robb into beheading him then and there and end his suffering, but Robb doesn't take the bait and vows to kill him after the wedding. At the wedding, when it dawns on Theon what is happening and he watches Robb's murder, he loses it in a mixture of grief for the death of a former friend and self-pity at the realization that he will remain Ramsay's plaything forever.

They would have to get around the thorny issue of Moat Cailin being under Ironborn control at the time of the RW, but I see no reason Theon and Ramsay couldn't take a ship to the Twins.

i think what they will do, is right before the betrayal, Talisa will reveal that she is actually Jeyne Westerling, bannerman to the Lannisters, before Robb is killed. They will show her betraying Robb. IMO that is the whole point to making her a volantene girl, so they can later show her betraying Robb because she is actually a secret bannerman to Lannisters.

i think what they will do, is right before the betrayal, Talisa will reveal that she is actually Jeyne Westerling, bannerman to the Lannisters, before Robb is killed. They will show her betraying Robb. IMO that is the whole point to making her a volantene girl, so they can later show her betraying Robb because she is actually a secret bannerman to Lannisters.

I think any theories about Talisa being some secret Lannister plant are just wishful thinking from the book readers. I think the point of making her Volantene is because they wanted to have someone from Volantis on the show, no more no less.

Also, if this theory were true, then on Talisa's visit to the Crag with Robb in Season 2, her cover would surely have been blown. Unless you believe that Tywin decided to have the entire Crag in on the plan to enforce the conspiracy. At this point, we're getting into tinfoil hat territory.

Archived