Most anticipated storylines for Winds of Winter.

TheeMikeHoncho

Question:

Is it still a no-no to discuss likely publication date?

There's a pinned & locked thread on the topic, but it doesn't look like it's been updated for a year. I have a vague memory of George hinting that he was unlikely to pick tWOW back up until 2012, but he posted on his blog that he's working on aDOD companion material.

Does anyone know what the story is here?

Thx

Can't wait for dany, arya, bran, and tyrion of course. Jon is included wether or not he's dead idk. I'm doubtful he is. He always makes us think people are dead. But never on this level of waiting! Now I also want to see some more arianne and sansa. And I'm curious to see the chaos that ensues after ser kevan's death in KL

I'm wondering about the whole slaver's bay situation. And what's happening with brienne and jamie as they come across the outlaws.

But I'm excited about them all!! From skagos to asshai!

Question:

Is it still a no-no to discuss likely publication date?

There's a pinned & locked thread on the topic, but it doesn't look like it's been updated for a year. I have a vague memory of George hinting that he was unlikely to pick tWOW back up until 2012, but he posted on his blog that he's working on aDOD companion material.

Does anyone know what the story is here?

Thx

I believe he's working on both. The delay of the coffee book has allowed George more time to write for it, and he seems to have taken this to heart and is churning out gobs of new material for the book. Which is great, but, yeah, I'd like to see updates on Winter's progress too (though George is wise to avoid anything with any real specificity).

JR-

Appreciate the update. I don't ever get to the conventions or anything like that so I feel like I miss out on most of the gossip. Sounds like there's not much news though.

On topic, I'm good and ready to find out what happens to Arya. I feel like she's been in a holding pattern for too long.

I am looking forward to absolutely everything, as we all are really. But my personal interests lie with these bits:

Dany & the fate of her discovery with Drogon. - Personally I would love for her to come back to Mereen with those Dothraki and kick the living shit out of Mereen's attackers. Just turning up out of nowhere on Drogon or something, the other two come out to play also and before they know it a horde of her new Dothraki have arrived to get into the mix. That would/could be quite a brilliant section of the book if it were to ever happen. Seeing as she was Drogo's wife, and has three damn dragons & takes no shit I am sure they would be alright with a woman in charge.

Also excited to see what happens at the Wall, more so with Stannis than anything as he has been one of my favourites from first being introduced. His calculated mind will pull him through I am sure.

Arya is going to kick butt too, but it could be for the better or worse in who she finally ends up killing.. what if she is eventually sent to kill Dany or something crazy like that!

Interested in how Jaime gets on, also the Robert Strong trial - I see him fighting the monk hound, almost shouted when RS turned up it clicked right away.

In rough order for me:

1. Jaime and Brienne <3

2. Cersei's trial/KL politics

3. Sansa and Littlefinger

4. Tyrion's current antics

5. Aegon's siege of Storm's End

6. The Boltons/Stannis conflict

7. Dornish intrigues, especially those involving Myrcella

8. Everything else I have forgotten apart from the below

9. Victarion's antics

10. Any of the other Ironborn's antics.

11. Fecking Meereen!!!!!