Again With the Small Questions

Datepalm

Was anybody else intrigued by the mentionning of fingerbones from Melisandre, when she gives examples of what can be used to create a glamor?

That and the perpetual "Davos tried to reach for his luck"... How hard would it have been for Melisandre to ask one of the Queen's men to steal the bone-sack in the confusion of the Blackwater?

@ A horsefaced girl, Welcome.

The best place to find theories on who built the wall, you will have to check out the Heresy threads, on aDwD forum. One of the theories is that the Walls were built by the CoTF to keep out the Andals and the realms of men. You have an open mind, because a lot of the heretics go against a lot of what we are told by characters in the books. All are welcome.

Yes I said Walls as more then 1.

there was a small Q xxiii started but not pinned

I'm sorry if there was a thread before about this, I am new here.

Did Ramsay, um, technically 'make Theon a eunuch'? :D I have been wondering about it all through ADWD.

Actually, the interpretations vary, so... maybe.

I'm sorry if there was a thread before about this, I am new here.

Did Ramsay, um, technically 'make Theon a eunuch'? :D I have been wondering about it all through ADWD.

someone please correct me if I am mistaken, but didn't someone ask this at a recent Q&A with Martin and get a keep reading?

Edit - just read through the one I thought i saw it in and it doesn't seem to be in there.

In which chapter in AGOT does Catelyn send Eddard's instruction to Winterfell, explaining to fortify the North?

Aslo, were any instructions sent to Edmure to start building defenses at Riverrun? Or did he do it on his own once he saw the Lannisters were building a host at Casterly Rock?

Another, Cat mentions to the Maester at the Eyrie that Lord Robert was going to be fostered by the Lannisters, but I don't think we ever read where Eddard told her this. Are we suppose t infer that at some point they had a conversation where Ned told her more of what the King told him in the crypts of Winterfell?

<sigh> my question that was carried over:

Tyrion wagers Haldon for secrets over cyvasse and wins. The next page or two the boat people see a gigantic turtle and Tyrion thinks it is a good sign for the birth of kings. I always thought Tyrion figured it out for himself and (separately) wondered what secret he won. So now thinking the identity of Aegon/fakeAegon was the secret he got out of Haldon.

Is this rational or is there some other secret floating around out there

Tyrion wagers Haldon for secrets over cyvasse and wins. The next page or two the boat people see a gigantic turtle and Tyrion thinks it is a good sign for the birth of kings. I always thought Tyrion figured it out for himself and (separately) wondered what secret he won. So now thinking the identity of Aegon/fakeAegon was the secret he got out of Haldon.

I think there's another secret. May be that Aegon is not really Aegon? But only Haldon Halfmaester knows?

I think Tyrion figured that YG and Griff are JonCon and Aegon, but from Haldon found out the truth. It would explain why Tyrion thinks of Aegon and JonCon going to Westeros as 'taking the bait'.

Edit: Thanks Budj, Shadowbinder and Errant Bard for the info on Theon. :) I really hope that Ramsay didn't do that to him.

It could be so. However it was my impression that Tyrion had worked it out himself (that YG was Aegon) and was like 95% certain he was right, but he just used his bet with Haldon to get Haldon to confirm what he had already strongly suspected.

Was anybody else intrigued by the mentionning of fingerbones from Melisandre, when she gives examples of what can be used to create a glamor?

That and the perpetual "Davos tried to reach for his luck"... How hard would it have been for Melisandre to ask one of the Queen's men to steal the bone-sack in the confusion of the Blackwater?

Effing hard

They would've had to steal them without him noticing AND manage to survive. Davos' survival on its own is pretty miraculous. I would put that one down as very, very improbable.

Aslo, were any instructions sent to Edmure to start building defenses at Riverrun? Or did he do it on his own once he saw the Lannisters were building a host at Casterly Rock?

I would assume that the Blackfish had a lot to do with that. He seems like the kind of guy who would recognize the need for fortifications and get them in progress.

someone please correct me if I am mistaken, but didn't someone ask this at a recent Q&A with Martin and get a keep reading?

Edit - just read through the one I thought i saw it in and it doesn't seem to be in there.

Yes somthing like that. I prefer to think of it as something unspeakable and unthinkable given the lack of detail.

In which chapter in AGOT does Catelyn send Eddard's instruction to Winterfell, explaining to fortify the North?

Another, Cat mentions to the Maester at the Eyrie that Lord Robert was going to be fostered by the Lannisters, but I don't think we ever read where Eddard told her this. Are we suppose t infer that at some point they had a conversation where Ned told her more of what the King told him in the crypts of Winterfell?

In the 4th Eddard chapter Ned tells Catelyn to send word to Helman Tallhart and Galbart Glover to each send 100 bowmen to fortify Moat Cailin and for Lord Manderly to strengthen and repair the defenses of White Harbor. No instructions were sent to Edmure. I assume he took it upon himself.

Archived