25 replies to this topic

#1 ivor the swine

ivor the swine

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Just a quicky. After reading Alayne's conversation with her father, I stopped to think who PB was refering to. CL, MT & ? Is it Dany or Asha? Or am I missing something obvious?

#2 ivor the swine

ivor the swine

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

Actually reading that back I think I realise who it is. The Red Lady?

#3 PatrickStormborn

PatrickStormborn

Slayer of Dany Haters

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

I think the purpose of this scene is to show that LF is now aware of Daenerys. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Edited by PatrickStormborn, 07 September 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#4 Porcelain Steel

Porcelain Steel

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

I was never sure of the answer to this myself. The only thing I can think of, besides Dany, is Myrcella. That would mean Littlefinger would have to have knowledge of what Arianne was trying to do, or at least anticipate that Dorne would crown her.. so maybe it is Dany. I don't think it's Asha. I think the only one who ever seriously thinks that Asha will be queen is Asha herself.

#5 Porcelain Steel

Porcelain Steel

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:32 PM

another possibility that just occurred to me....queen of thorns.

#6 ivor the swine

ivor the swine

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

I was never sure of the answer to this myself. The only thing I can think of, besides Dany, is Myrcella. That would mean Littlefinger would have to have knowledge of what Arianne was trying to do, or at least anticipate that Dorne would crown her.. so maybe it is Dany. I don't think it's Asha. I think the only one who ever seriously thinks that Asha will be queen is Asha herself.

Yes, Myrcella does seem like a good possibility too.

#7 Big Daddy Dave

Big Daddy Dave

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

To me the third is either Dany, and like PatrickStormborn posted above, the hook is that PB is now aware of her movements. My second guess is Myrcella, though that seems less likely to me.

#8 Dragonreaver

Dragonreaver

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

Reading it for the first time, I was pretty sure it was Myrcella, but Dany does make more sense now that I stop to think about it. After all, basically everyone is aware of Dany by the end of AFfC (and just about the only one who isn't is told right at the start of ADwD). So, yeah... I'd assume Baelish was referring to Cersei, Margaery and Danaerys.

Especially as Myrcella is the only one of them not to actually be a queen yet, in any sense. Ignoring for a moment each character's awareness of the facts, Cersei is the Queen Regent, Margaery is the Queen Consort, and Danaerys is Queen Regnant of lots of places and has claims on Westeros. Myrcella, at least at the point where this scene takes place, is still only a Princess. And the Queen of Thorns is only a nickname (and one would assume she'd side with Margaery anyway).

Edited by Dragonreaver, 11 September 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#9 Scratch Face

Scratch Face

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

I agree, i thought it was referring to Cersei, Margaery and probably Danaerys, although Danaerys hasn't been warring with the other queens as yet

#10 ivor the swine

ivor the swine

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

So are we saying it is definatly not Myrcella? Without re-reading, I might be confusing the timeline, but is it possible that Littlefinger could have received certain informations from the south telling of a pending crowning? I agree the odds are shouting at Dany, but without finishing DANCE is it possible something else was going on in parallel to events at the Vale that means Petyr is speaking of someone other than Dany?

#11 SummerGhostofNymeria

SummerGhostofNymeria

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

I would say that I agree it's a way for the readers to see that Littlefinger is aware of Dany. I'd say Myrcella isn't even really an option at this point. So far her role has been so minimal. The only big thing to happen was the failed attempt in the beginning of AFfC, but aside from that nothing else has happened. Now, that's not to say she won't become a more prominent player later, but for now I'd say she's not one of the three Queens and that it's Margaery, Cersei, and Dany.

#12 Lothar Imbel

Lothar Imbel

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

I thought he meant Maegery, Cersei and Sansa personally.

#13 Lady_Sansa

Lady_Sansa

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

i thought it mean sansa, dany, and cersei or margery

#14 The Nite Wolf

The Nite Wolf

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

Like most others, I assumed he was referring to Cersei, Margaery, and Dany.

#15 Harland Flint

Harland Flint

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:11 AM

I thought LF was talking about Sansa, Margaery & Dany.

I assume that LF has written Cersei off. Whether he's right to do so is another matter.

ETA: Spelling

Edited by Harland Flint, 23 September 2012 - 02:14 AM.

#16 scream_for_me_winterfell

scream_for_me_winterfell

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

I just read that passage...Dany is one - for sure! that's the hot news item from across the sea - I guess the dragons make an impression!!!
for the other 2: Cersei prob. & the little Queen (MT) - but Sansa is another possibility...Asha is a no, methinks! the Queenmaker from Dorne???
are there any clues in ADWD? please no spoilers

#17 Lord Snows Ghost

Lord Snows Ghost

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

It must be Margaery, Cersei, and Dany. LF made it apparent that he knew about the dragon's and Dany's army, which clearly tells him her motive. He still has informers inside of the Red Keep with the Kettlebacks so he must know of Cersei's hatred for Margaery, and they are also the only 3 contending for the queen of King's Landing who would be ruler of Westeros next to the King on the Iron Throne.

#18 SoulPyre

SoulPyre

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

Greetings all

Just finished AFFC and like most I would agree Dany is definately in the running.

Sansa I think will become of the coldest ever to play the game of thrones, having suffered Ceresi in KL and now being groomed by Littlefinger. As far as Westeros knows she is heir to Winterfell and therefore Queen in the North and personally I would love to see her become the younger queen Maggy the Frog warned Ceresi of.

I'm still undecided on the third,

Ceresi is in a cell with no true allies powerful enough to support her claim.

Myrcella isnt old enough to be any more than a pawn in someone elses plot.

Adrianne was betrothed to Viscerys but whether Dorans heart is really with the Targaryens or if he has his own agenda remains to be seen.

The Red Woman and Stoneheart both have a following and a supernatural gimmick but do they have ambitions on the Iron Throne?

Maybe DwD with tell..

#19 M'lady Cynthia Rayder

M'lady Cynthia Rayder

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

which chapter in AFFC is this convo in?

#20 Lummel

Lummel

Council Member