Haven - (Syfy - Imagine Spoilers)

Horus Ex Machina

One thing...if she's giving ppl troubles as a way of making weapon, who is she fighting? Weaponagainst who? Or for what purpose? As usual they give us answer and a half and leave us with 134322 questions.

Good questions.

I was trying to convince a friend to watch Haven. They were refusing because they read that the show is comparable to Lost. And they didn't want to start something that just keeps you guessing without any resolution. I told her there is enough mystery and questions to keep you guessing and enough payoff to keep you hooked and satisfied.

After reading your post and going back over a few pages of this thread. I'm wondering if I lied and there really isn't the payoff to how many questions the viewer is left with.

The realisation that I have so many questions and it's only ep 1 just hit me.

I red that actress playing Jen said she's not returnjng for this season. Sorry for the spoiler, should have taged it.

Speaking only for myself. Nah, it's cool. I probably would have clicked on the spoiler tag anyway. Since I'd seen the episode.

I probably would have stumbled on an article sooner or later. Since Jennifer's absence was something of a prominent feature of the episode.. Well at least to Duke. I was tempted to look up info on Emma Lahana anyway. You saved me the trouble :D

It's a shame. Her character was growing on me.

Btw, I'm interested to hear about these new obsessions, I might like them too.

I binged watched Hannibal. Now I can't wait for the next season.

Orphan Black. That show was a revelation. I mean I was told it was good and I should have been watching it from the moment it came out. But I saw the promo trailer for it and read the concept like 2 years ago. And it didn't grab me. But the show had me from the second episode and didn't let go. Tatiana Maslany is just brilliant. I may have found my first girl crush. This show deserves a thread here. Hmmm maybe I'll go look to see if there is.

I was loaned Doctor Who (2005) DVDs from season 1. I have been resisting. I was forced to watch the Blink episode. I liked it. But I still wasn't inclined to get into the actual show. This is the show I have been the most nagged to watch. And I was dreading it. I felt like if I watched it and didn't like it then I would hurt the feelings of the people I care about and seem truly invested in me watching.

Well I'm silly. Because I'm actually really digging it.

And Teen Wolf. When Game of Thrones show was about to come out. I made a deal with a friend. She said she will watch GoT if I watched Teen Wolf I reluctantly agreed. She watched GoT and I didn't watch Teen Wolf. She called me out on that recently. Teasing me that I don't keep my promises. So my honour on the line. I went and delved into the show.

Actually love it and wish there were others here I could talk to about this show with.

And you?

Sorry the quote feature went a little haywire on me.

Good questions.

I was trying to convince a friend to watch Haven. They were refusing because they read that the show is comparable to Lost. And they didn't want to start something that just keeps you guessing without any resolution. I told her there is enough mystery and questions to keep you guessing and enough payoff to keep you hooked and satisfied.

After reading your post and going back over a few pages of this thread. I'm wondering if I lied and there really isn't the payoff to how many questions the viewer is left with.

The realisation that I have so many questions and it's only ep 1 just hit me.

Speaking only for myself. Nah, it's cool. I probably would have clicked on the spoiler tag anyway. Since I'd seen the episode.

I probably would have stumbled on an article sooner or later. Since Jennifer's absence was something of a prominent feature of the episode.. Well at least to Duke. I was tempted to look up info on Emma Lahana anyway. You saved me the trouble :D

It's a shame. Her character was growing on me.

I was loaned Doctor Who (2005) DVDs from season 1. I have been resisting. I was forced to watch the Blink episode. I liked it. But I still wasn't inclined to get into the actual show. This is the show I have been the most nagged to watch. And I was dreading it. I felt like if I watched it and didn't like it then I would hurt the feelings of the people I care about and seem truly invested in me watching.

Well I'm silly. Because I'm actually really digging it.

And Teen Wolf. When Game of Thrones show was about to come out. I made a deal with a friend. She said she will watch GoT if I watched Teen Wolf I reluctantly agreed. She watched GoT and I didn't watch Teen Wolf. She called me out on that recently. Teasing me that I don't keep my promises. So my honour on the line. I went and delved into the show.

Actually love it and wish there were others here I could talk to about this show with.

And you?

Sorry the quote feature went a little haywire on me.

Me? Well....I got tired of coming to this forum and listening ppl talk about Doctor Who like it was next best thing after beach and cocktail and I started watching 2005 onward seasons decidet to be cool and just find all the things wrong with it etc...I failed miserably and got hooked like poor little fangirl I am. It is not perfect of course but I ended up liking it a lot and I'm now watching season 8.

Started The 100 and Last Ship and they are both ok so I'm giving them a chance.

Didn't see Teen Wolf yet or Hanibal but I watch Orphan Black and I love it.

Re: the Haven and pay off...well it's not that simple. Yes we always have lots of questions but we do get lots of answers too,the only thing is by the time we get those answers ( what is The hunter,Who was the Bolt Gun Killer,How come Audrey looks like a lady from that old photo,and who is that lady,what is the barn,who is agent Howard???) we're already faced with another mystery that is making us forget the previous one. They do take their time though.

That's funny, We both buckled and dived into Doctor Who. Like you said it's not perfect. But I really enjoyed it. So no regrets.

So I watched ep 2

I love Dwight.

I don't know how I feel about him taking over the guard.

He is pretty passionate about it too.

I wondered why the hospital meeting bothered me a little. Vince being shut out of something he was born to, maybe.

His motivations were to end the troubles but also protect the woman he loved.

Dwight doesn't have that complication.

He just wants the troubles gone. I like Audrey. So I guess that means there is really only Nathan now who stands between the guard and Audrey.

For a moment I thought Mara was faking. But then there was the shift back to Mara. Still it's entirely possible that Mara is playing Nathan.

How hard would it be honestly. She has all of Audrey's memories. All she would have to do is rein in her temperament and make the Audrey "rescue" convincing enough. use that black stuff in a savvy way. And Nathan is hers.

Poor Duke. His response "I'm sad" punched me in the heart.

Just caught the episode.. I had to laugh at that too. And even though it seems like Audrey is still in there. Talking to her like she is Audrey while she is a resistant Mara. Just made Nathan seem a bit of a creep. Tickling.. Just... No. (But that might stem from my own hatred of being tickled.)

Thanks show for the momentary shirtless Dwight.

I didn't want Duke to cut his hair. Sure it has lacked a little lustre lately. But.. Well Duke has hair hanging in his face. It's part of his character. Serious empathy face through hair. That's Duke.

This felt like half an episode to me. Remember the days when a trouble would happen and it would be solved by the end of the episode?

Now we just have troubles left hanging.

Looking forward to next episode. Poor Duke is going to leak troubles over people. Probably how Mara will escape Dwight.

I'm only guessing.

Just caught the episode.. I had to laugh at that too. And even though it seems like Audrey is still in there. Talking to her like she is Audrey while she is a resistant Mara. Just made Nathan seem a bit of a creep. Tickling.. Just... No. (But that might stem from my own hatred of being tickled.)

Thanks show for the momentary shirtless Dwight.

I didn't want Duke to cut his hair. Sure it has lacked a little lustre lately. But.. Well Duke has hair hanging in his face. It's part of his character. Serious empathy face through hair. That's Duke.

This felt like half an episode to me. Remember the days when a trouble would happen and it would be solved by the end of the episode?

Now we just have troubles left hanging.

It felt like it was first half of an episode too. I thought I'll see "to be continued" at the end.

I don't mind Duke with short hair,I like him all the same. I thing they wanted to show the extent of his sadness for loosing Jenn but it wasn't done very well.

Shirtless Duke indeed :) great tattoo.

It feels like I wait forever for the next episode and then it's over and I'm anticipating the next episode.

But I do love to binge watch TV shows.

So this edge of the seat, week by week thing is getting painful.

Croatoan. What were our theories on that again?

I don't think Mara can kill Audrey.

Ok I'll speculate first and then read other ppls speculations.

Loved this episode. Dwyte is my man, when he was interrogating Mara he finally asked right questions. He didn't get much of an answer but still...Go Dwyte.

Big reveal this week got me in theorising mode. So Croatoan, lost colony of Roanoak, hmmmmm....so many possibilities. Maybe Haven ppl are original colony. They dissapeared from Roanoak when they somehow opend a thinny to who knows where, other dimension whatever and relleased Croaton creature. Same thing that is now in Dave erasing his memory. Mara thought giving ppl troubles would be same as creating a weapon against the thing, maybe. Maybe she's like crazy scientist.

If she can not take away the troubles does anyone can? Will we end the show with new barn and Audrey getting in again, maybe with Nathan, cause there is no way around it? We did say she was punished for something, now we know it's for creating troubles in the first place. Maybe that is the only way to stop them. Or...maybe only William could take away troubles, or it takes two people?

Next week looks it might be fun with Mara being dragged arround to resolve troubles. I guess they will try to call Audrey out to tell them what to do.

Is it me or they decided to end every ep this season on a cliffhanger? Why? I don't think there's any need for that.

Is this the final season?

It feels like I wait forever for the next episode and then it's over and I'm anticipating the next episode.

But I do love to binge watch TV shows.

So this edge of the seat, week by week thing is getting painful.

Croatoan. What were our theories on that again?

I don't think Mara can kill Audrey.

What do you mean our theories? In this thread or in general what people think happened in Roanoak?Have we ever mentioned Croatoan in this thread, I don't remember.

Something about Dalmatian pirates raiding the coast of New England?

Haha for all I know. Yes, exactly that.

What do you mean our theories? In this thread or in general what people think happened in Roanoak?Have we ever mentioned Croatoan in this thread, I don't remember.

Hmm I could have sworn Croatoan has come up before and was discussed. Not in this thread though... I just checked - A lot has happened..

When I saw the word I had that feeling that it was one of those loose ends we have been looking out for since the earlier seasons.

But thinking about it. This episode had a couple of those moments.

I know that it is a story about one of the first colonies in the new world. One day they all disappeared leaving only one word carved in thd trees, croatoan. If anyone knows any other angle or story please share. Now I think they will turn out to be first haveners.

Maybe you're thinking of Sleeping Hollow?

I came back in to the forums. Because the thought occurred to me that maybe I'm thinking of Sleepy Hollow.

And here was your post. I had to laugh.

Getting my shows and wild theories mixed up.

There's also croatoan virus in Supernatural.

True. No wonder Croatoan rings the memory bells.

I haven't watched this yet... but I'm kinda happy for Adam Copeland.

I really love him in this. He has this presence that really sells his character.

Got to hand it to the show. Ah Gloria and Dwight. I loved almost every second of that.

As far as I remember Nathan was aware of the Duke and Audrey kiss in Colorado. It wasn't a secret.

And I wondered how long it would take for Mara to play Audrey for benefit and kicks.

Vince/Dave constantly hitting his head was fairly amusing to me too.

Last episode was great. So there is some more Croatoan development all paired up with excellent body switching. That was so cool. I knew Mara would try to take advantage of Audrey peaking up now and then,good they showed our boys are bit smarter than that.

Does anyone know is this the last season?

Archived