Haven - (Syfy - Imagine Spoilers)

Horus Ex Machina

There was so much looping back around to past storylines in this episode.

The Colorado Kid. Um what? He was in the barn right?

The mystery of agent Howard seems to still be in play. thank goodness.

And Audrey? Woah what? Is it Audrey. Is funnily enough still a question I'm asking. There are so many ways this could play out.

The vision was intriguing.

I'm surprised Mara didn't try that thinnie it seems to have significant draw.

I think Mara doesn't know about that thinny it's in another town so she might not consider it. Maybe she knows about it but they caught her before she had chance to go to it. It makes sense she tried out the ones that are close by first.

I think the vision was wow moment. So the way I see it Dave is the monster...or is possessed by monster...or something like that. the attack was from his point of view. Croatoan was either supposed to repel him,which didn't work,or is the name of the creature and is supposed to warn others that he's around. Can't wait to find out more.

I forgot a lot about CK. Wasn't he in the barn to stop him from dying or something? I'm fishing in the dark here,I have no idea what was the story.

So Howard was dealing in parentless children from other dimensions. For who? Why? For what purpose? Aaaaaa so many questions.

I don't know why but I got the feeling Dwyte is going to take Audrey's place in new barn they will make at the end of the show. Just this thought I had. He has no one. He practically just lost what was the rest of his family. He is noble enough to do that....I would like to have nicer ending for him though. Really like his character.

when they said reincarnation my first thought was which one. Is this Audrey or someone else? Can't wait to find out. So what are they going to do with two of them. Love this show !!!

So apparently Audrey is no longer immune to the Troubles according to scuttlebutt. I'm wondering if that means that she's now human or if it's only because they are Troubles that she did not personally create. It would explain why Jennifer and Dave were not immune.

Hopefully we'll get some info on Agent Howard, the Colorado Kid and why the women who Audrey/Mara copied were chosen to inhabit her mind. It always struck me as odd that noone ever seemed curious about those things. It seems like only Dwight was interested about getting to the bottom of things.

The atmosphere is certainly getting more intense and desperate. I can't blame the troubled people. They may have to deal with the troubles but then they had a light at the end of the tunnel. Audrey(Mara) would go into the bard and they would get a break from the troubles for a while.

And now they don't see any break or end in sight.

So I get it.

It's like watching a smoking, rumbling volcano.

I really do think that Audrey no longer being immune will change her dynamic. She has more fear now. Not that it helps to be watched and hunted. I wonder if that's all there is. She seems different to our Audrey some how.

I don't know why but I got the feeling Dwyte is going to take Audrey's place in new barn they will make at the end of the show. Just this thought I had. He has no one. He practically just lost what was the rest of his family. He is noble enough to do that....I would like to have nicer ending for him though. Really like his character.

Argh! I can so see him doing that. And why not. He has lost everything. But I'm not sure how that will change anything. At least they have separated Mara and Audrey. Put Mara in the barn. If they bring the barn back.

As much as I want resolution for the troubles.

What I really want to know is what Mara is and why all of this happened. Mara made it sound like she would be considered a hero for her actions. But then why the barn and Agent Howard. Among other things that seem to muddy what the actual story is.

So they better not end this season with only putting Mara into a barn like thing and it being over. I want my answers first.

Is this or is this not the final season? That is one of my question...other are : who is Mara and why she made troubles? It doesn't look like she had support of her people in what she dif, or at least that is the impression I got from her. Who is agent Howard? Did Dave kill CK? I can't remember how he died last time. What Dave's visions mean? Soooooo many questions.

I'd say that this is more than likely the final season. Syfy doesn't usually renew shows beyond their fifth season because they don't like to renegotiate actors contracts. And tv ratings on Syfy usually aren't good enough to command significant ad revenue. I'd say that their formula is consistently a 4-5 year run allowing the show-runners enough foreknowledge of their cancellation to devise a proper send-off and make most of the money off of syndication. I personally think that the reason they doubled the number of episodes ordered for this season is precisely to avoid having to renegotiate contracts.

Glad they're all in the same dimension again :)

Not so glad that they are hinting that hard on Duke having a thing for Audrey. He was broken over loosing Jen two weeks or less ago. Imho it's completely unnecessary.

CDC getting there might be interesting...if they are CDC and not the same people agent Howard was working with. He was "FBI agent" this lady might be "CDC" and not CDC. And is it only me or is a bit too late, after all the stuff going on there, that this is the first time government is snooping around Haven?

I hope it turns out that Duke had a different intention to keep Mara around rather than putting Audrey back in control. Than wanting a Audrey of his very own. blech.

I agree that Haven should have attracted way more attention before now. I also wondered if that lady was actually CDC. Does one person usually show up in a place to investigate. Isn't there usually a team or at least a partner?

I hope it turns out that Duke had a different intention to keep Mara around rather than putting Audrey back in control. Than wanting a Audrey of his very own. blech.

I agree that Haven should have attracted way more attention before now. I also wondered if that lady was actually CDC. Does one person usually show up in a place to investigate. Isn't there usually a team or at least a partner?

From some of the articles circulated before the season there was a bit of a storyline that the CDC lady is supposed to present.

Apparently she discovers a genetic marker for the Troubled that could possibly lead to a medical cure.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's another show that hasn't had any comments in a few weeks. I will say that the storyline goes a bit both ways for me. I can appreciate the fact that they're ramping up the drama with the CDC lady, the rivalry between Dwight and Vince, Duke and Mara, and Audrey possibly dying. However they've gone further and further from addressing the cannon questions that I've basically skimmed through the past two weeks episodes waiting for them to get back to revealing answers around the key mysteries of the show. Audrey's retreated from being the show's focus so far that I'm wondering who this show is even about now. So there's some to like and some to be frustrated with. I'll still watch but I wonder if the double order for this season hasn't just been used for them to drag out the resolution to the storyline more.

Well I was restraining from comments cause I'm still waiting for the development on some issues I have so I could finally decide weather I think it's bs or if it was going somewhere. Duke! WTF is going on with him. He suddenly forgot about Jenn like 5 episode after he spent days running around trying to get her back and now he suddenly has feelings for the woman connected with her death? Only cause she looks like Audrey and he from out of nowhere still has feelings for her,even though he dealt with it seasons ago? What is going on? It's so out of character it looks like I'm watching completely new guy to me. Dwyte is still cool,but I feel sorry for him,he'll be so disappointed in that cdc lady. She's shady if you ask me. The only thing that could make me buy Duke's change is if he has some big plan behind all of it,but after last episode I doubt my theory.

I'm wondering if CDC lady is from where Mara is from. But then there's the files she has on all the incarnations of Audrey/Mara/Sara.. You know what I mean. I'm not sure how that applies to the overall arc... Another Barn driver.. Maybe...

Gaddamnit Duke.

And I know CDC chicky is shady. But I feel like she could be the key to a shirtless Dwight. And if that is the way her presence plays out. I for one will be grateful.

I'm wondering if CDC lady is from where Mara is from. But then there's the files she has on all the incarnations of Audrey/Mara/Sara.. You know what I mean. I'm not sure how that applies to the overall arc... Another Barn driver.. Maybe...

Gaddamnit Duke.

And I know CDC chicky is shady. But I feel like she could be the key to a shirtless Dwight. And if that is the way her presence plays out. I for one will be grateful.

And key she was. :)

Ok,I wanted to punch Duke in the face last couple of episodes,where is this dumb idiot coming from and what have you done to my smart,cunning Duke? Mara is responsible for not only your whole family having to be killers in their lives but also for the suffering of this entire city,also she is involved in death of your love from two weeks ago Jenn and yet...you decide to trust her in matter of days with everything. Her over rest of the city. If that wasn't unbelievable plot then I have no idea what is...

So CDC lady is Audrey's mother.Mara's mother,mother of original Parker...I'm sooooo confused. Can't wait to see more :)

Duke's behavior reminds me of Babylon 5 when Garibaldi suddenly began to mistrust Sheridan and eventually turned him over to the Earth Forces. At least his grievances seemed understandable. And in the end he was under mind control the whole time. Duke just suddenly lost all of his street smarts over a woman who they all knew was evil. I'm kinda thinking/hoping that there is some type of empathic power that exists with Audrey/Mara's kind that allows them to manipulate humans. I mean that's probably how they know which Trouble to give a certain person and how Audrey knew how to reverse them. That might explain how Mara could manipulate Duke and make him act like an idiot. It could also explain how Dr. Cross knew exactly the right things to say to Dwight in that dinner to make him fall in love with her. Which portions of the real Charlotte Cross' medical background would mesh with what she picked up from Dwight and how she was able to read him so easily.

Now that was a hell of a twist. Audrey and Mara's mother. When I saw the rings I first though that she might be a persona like the real Audrey but that didn't fit bc she a too young to be one of the older personas and we'd already seen the real Audrey. Then during the last scene when Nathan felt her I instantly assumed sister. Mother makes perfect sense given that we know Audrey's people don't age but,... still didn't expect that. But now there's no excuse to not get some real answers. No evasiveness like Howard or secrecy like Mara. Now here's someone who has a reason to at least explain to Audrey who or what she is and who her people are. She can explain the aether, the thinnies, Mara, William, Agent Howard, the Barn, everything and she really has no good reason not to. If we don't get answers next week I'm calling bullshit. :bs:

It is strange,I agree. If it was me I would checked town's past the moment I found out that it was me on the photo from the 50s. I think it's because show is generally going in very slow pace (which strangely I like) and it's big part of the plot so they are feeding us spoon by spoon so they don't give up much.

Remember when this was something we liked?

Kinda interesting that Grimm also had a maternal character who was only slightly older than her offspring as well as lead characters who lost their powers. I like these moms.

E2A: Btw wrestling fans,... Edge and Christian are back! And apparently the guy who plays Nathan was born in the same hospital as Christian. Crazy.

E2A2: Has anyone watched the Haven Minisodes? Because I think that it might give some insight into what's really going on. I don't think many have.

Check page 1!! :)

Oh,dear,I'm getting too old :) :) :lol:

And I actually disagreed with it now that I read it,I like how they tease us,not all the time but in the end,yeah I like how we don't get five different mysteries and plot twists in one episode.

Btw I agree with your point about Duke and Mara. Maybe it was same ability Audrey has just used for evil.

Oh,dear,I'm getting too old :) :) :lol:

And I actually disagreed with it now that I read it,I like how they tease us,not all the time but in the end,yeah I like how we don't get five different mysteries and plot twists in one episode.

Btw I agree with your point about Duke and Mara. Maybe it was same ability Audrey has just used for evil.

I think we all figured that we'd have alot more answers by now and be working on a solution. But this revelation is at least some promise of a payoff before the next half season begins and a roller coaster of a finish. :cool4:

As for my theory, it seems right. Or maybe it's a type of intuition that allows them to use the aether. Either way, they're natural manipulators which makes me wonder what to make of Charlotte. I hope we get her real name next week and also why they like to use real people when they take on identities. :idea:

Archived