Ruby Slippers, Sapphire Stilletos & Fancy Clothes

Lilith of Tarth

Too long, I'm only 4'11" so longer dresses tend to be really hard to pull off. That top is really nice! I like it when designers use cut-outs in a way that leaves you still able to use a bra.

Too long, I'm only 4'11" so longer dresses tend to be really hard to pull off. That top is really nice! I like it when designers use cut-outs in a way that leaves you still able to use a bra.

Did you check the measurements on Modcloth? They're good about including them. Could you wear it almost as a maxi dress? - am working in ignorance of your body shape other than height, but the bigger sizes are a bit longer. The dress is lovely but those pleats must make it unhemmable unless you crossed the tailor's palm with quite a bit of gold. :unsure:

Yes, those shoulder cut-outs are good and it comes in some interesting colours. More hmming.

Given how long my modcloth wishlist actually is I think it's probably best I just assume that it will not look good on me and save my money ;-)

After all for that price I could get the amazing bright orange docs that I've been eyeing off and they would almost certainly see more use :-P

I have a pretty hard and fast rule that I only buy stuff on sale. The mark-up on clothing is so enormous, it has to be something really bloody special for me to lay out the full price for anything. Or something I absolutely need and can't afford the time to shop around.

The thing about online shopping from Australia is that even full price and with shipping clothes in the US are much cheaper than down here.

This is bad because it makes it much easier to justify.

Given how long my modcloth wishlist actually is I think it's probably best I just assume that it will not look good on me and save my money ;-)

After all for that price I could get the amazing bright orange docs that I've been eyeing off and they would almost certainly see more use :-P

I can't help but note the different phrasing when you talking about those docs here vs in RL. Apparently you don't need them after all!

Okay, so this thread isn't really for me and I'm probably breaking the rules somewhat but I'm so happy at having found a company that makes work boots that fit me I had to post anyway. Got a pair of these and these on the way.

True, there is a shoe thread, which I will find and bump up, but there has been a mod who posted shoes here, so don't worry.

Are you telling us something, Liffguard, about where you are going? :)

ETA: Here.

Okay, so this thread isn't really for me and I'm probably breaking the rules somewhat but I'm so happy at having found a company that makes work boots that fit me I had to post anyway. Got a pair of these and these on the way.

I like those, they look comfy!

oohh they are nice! I'm a small size 5 but can sometimes get away with a 5 1/2 in boots..... It's probably a good thing I have no money this week ;-)

this thread is so not what i had thought...but just to join in the fun...one new pair of new balance - black right next to the harley boots...

ETA: ...and with that a Hedgeknight, gods be damned my time as a lowly squire is done! :smoking:

Archived