Our Most Hated - Book Characters Guessing Game

KhaleesiDany

Hello!

This is the sequel to Syseanne's "Our Top 30--a book characters guessing game." Last time, we determined our top 30 (okay, 35) characters by everyone sending in their list of individual favorites That Sys then ranked, through the power of statistics, to come up with the collaborative list of the 30 favorite characters (You can see the original thread here)

So I thought for round two, we would look at the other side of the coin and determine our least-favorite characters. Who are the most despised characters in Westeros? Who is it we all more-or-less can't stand? We are going to find out.

Now, there's been some confusion on how to rank them. If you played the first game, then #1 on your list was probably your favorite character, someone you like and root for and always want to win. #30 was someone you probably felt more neutral about. Now imagine you ranked all of them, most loved through neutral to most hated. Who do you read about and wish they would just drop dead, if they haven't already? Who would you hire a faceless man to kill, just to get them out of the way of the story? That's your #1.

I'm not saying to rank the villains, because in a book like this, it's hard to tell who the villains are. If you were cheering Renly, you probably hate Stannis; if you like Stannis, maybe you hate Renly. I do fully expect to see a lot of Joffrey on these lists, the little shit, but maybe you hate Sansa too because she is always whining and you have to read about it. Or maybe you love Sansa, and you hate Littlefinger because you know his forced kisses on her are just part of the grooming.

Okay so those are all the examples I am going to give you, you will have to think of more characters by yourself. Animals, dead people, and people dead at the start of ASOIAF are all allowed. If you have questions, just ask. The best way I can explain it is, ask yourself which characters leave you with a strong negative reaction.

I will wait a week and if I don't have 10 lists by next Monday, then we will cancel the game. Oh, and you can play even if you did not submit a list, and you can submit a list even if you don't want to play. I will go over scoring and playing the game once I have enough lists.

So if you would like to participate (and please do!) rank your most hated characters, #1 (I hate this guy!!!) to #15 (i laugh at his failure) #1-#15, and PM them to me.

SUBMISSIONS OF LISTS ARE NOW CLOSED

Dis-Honorable Mentions:

#20 Little Walder Frey

#20 Qyburn

#20 Tywin Lannister

#17 Lysa Tully

#16 Alliser Thorne

Top 15:

#15 Melisandre

#14 Hizdahr zo Loraq

#13 Aeron Greyjoy, the Damphair

#12 Vargo Hoat

#11 Daario Naharis

#10 Roose Bolton

#09 Aerys Targaryen, The Mad King

#08 Balon Greyjoy

#07 Janos Slynt

#06 Cersei Lannister

#05 Daenerys Targaryen

#04 Gregor Clegane

#03 Joffrey Baratheon

#02 Walder Frey

#01 Ramsay Bolton

Leaderboard

Winner: KINGSLAYER'S WENCH 59

Finalist: Warg of Dragons 53

Runner-up: Fragon 45

Reek the Turncloak 42

King Euron Greyjoy 40

Headless Jeyne 38*

Silver Spearwife 36*

Snowstorm 35

Lord Arryn 35*

St. Arya of the Knife 33

AryaSnow 32

Chelly 28

Juanvito 28

Franz95 27

Petyr Baelish the First 26

Lady Kraken 26

Lothar Imbel, My Florian 25

Stavos 23

eddard of the house stark 23

The Kingmaker 22

Valonqar 21

DaniSnowborn 19

lundangelo 17

red_ant 15

Syseanne 14

famousatnight 12

hearmeroar92 10

Jon's Queen Consort 7

Early Earl 5

cat of the commons 4*

Liar 2

Lord_Tyrion 1

*award recipients

Okay, I am flattered that many of you claim to be voting for me, daenerys targaryen, but you must please stop talking about who you have voted for. Discussing of the lists is not allowed, because it will affect the voting later, and the score. So please, vote for who you do not like, who you want to fail in Westeros, but do not mention it to anyone. This is a secret ballot!

Archived