56 replies to this topic

#1 Myrish Swamp Thing

Myrish Swamp Thing

Thellthword

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

Hey, just started this thread in order to share one I just had. From Cat's POV chapter in the Whispering Wood in Thrones

Let him grow taller, she asked the gods. Let him know sixteen, and twenty and fifty. Let him grow as tall as his father, and hold his own son in arms. Please, please, please.

/crying.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crying:' />

How about for you?

#2 Queen of Whores

Queen of Whores

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

Everything in Winterfell at the beginning of A Game of Thrones, just because you know where everything goes

#3 Aerys Blackfyre

Aerys Blackfyre

Council Member

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

when the Greatjon proclames Robb King in the North /bowdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':bowdown:' /> in AGOT
damned Tywin, you ruined it all with your F'N Rains of Castamere!

#4 Kham of the Gods Wood

Kham of the Gods Wood

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

After that whole mess with Carstark, when Cat asks herself if "this" were a kingdom falling. Damn right it was.

#5 StarkTagaryen

StarkTagaryen

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

anything about the direwolves (especially Lady and Nymeria)

#6 FacelessDude

FacelessDude

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

When Ned murders Lady.

I found the part where Ned and Catelyn meet in KL in one of Littlefinger's brothels to be very sad because I knew it would be the last time they ever saw each other.

#7 Mark Antony

Mark Antony

Consul

• Members
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

Robb sobbing in Brans room

#8 MyLittleDirewolf

MyLittleDirewolf

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

When Ned murders Lady.

I found the part where Ned and Catelyn meet in KL in one of Littlefinger's brothels to be very sad because I knew it would be the last time they ever saw each other.

Yes. Anything that's the last time (Starks, especially) will see each other. I have never been able to re-read the RW chapter.

#9 Danelle

Danelle

I am Dany's smirking revenge I am Jaime's right hand

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

Ned's pov after he is told that they found Arya and his daughter is taken to Cersei. Arya was so small and everyone accusses her, Sansa was confused and had no idea what to do, both girls were in a difficult position but thankfully Ned was there to defend them and look after them. It was so weird. I was so used to the idea of Arya being constantly in danger and Sansa surrounded by enemies that I had almost forgot that there was a time when their father protected them. Made me hate LF even more.

Edited by Danelle, 18 April 2013 - 01:09 AM.

#10 Suzymofo

Suzymofo

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

Two moments have made me tear up so far.

1) When Drogo gives Viserys his golden crown after his pathetic drunken display. I almost felt sorry for him, reading the way Dany lingered on his sad and hopeful smile. She had to be so strong to watch him killed before her eyes, her own brother above all else. But no dragon.

2) Ser Barristan Selmy's dismissal from the White Cloaks. His anger is palpable through the pages as he curses Joffery and the Queen for stripping him of all he has ever known. The image of him abandoning his armor as the court sits silently watching is so powerful. One of the very last true knights, in my opinion. On a side note, it makes me chuckle that we hear from several different perspectives that Ser Barristan cut down every Gold Cloak that tried to detain him as he left the city. Even at 60 he's worth more than 50 of the city watch.

#11 *Ceallach*

*Ceallach*

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

Hey, just started this thread in order to share one I just had. From Cat's POV chapter in the Whispering Wood in Thrones

/crying.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crying:' />

How about for you?

I was re-reading this today and damn near cried on the bus /sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

#12 Mirijam

Mirijam

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

After Ned is killed, when Cat wonders if Jon's mother grieves for him. /bawl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':bawl:' />

#13 Grandpa House

Grandpa House

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

Any part where Ned is offering wisdom to his children or really just interacting with them in general, is just so legendary.

#14 RamonaQ

RamonaQ

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

This is only bittersweet, not as heartbreaking as some others...In the first book, when Cat totally freezes up crossing to the Eyrie and Mya has to help her apart. Same place that Sansa not only crosses herself but brings Sweetrobin across safely in book four.

#15 Cynthia Snow

Cynthia Snow

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

After the Battle of the Blackwater, Tyrion is half-delirious, he dreams-

This time he dreamed he was at a feast, a victory feast in some great hall. He had a high seat on the dais, and men were lifting their goblets and hailing him as hero. Marillion was there, the singer who'd journeyed with them through the Moutains of the Moon. He played his woodharp and sang of the Imp's daring deeds. Even his father was smiling with approval. When the song was over, Jaime rose from his place, commanded Tyrion to kneel, and touched him first on one shoulder and then on the other with his golden sword, and he rose up a knight. Shae was waiting to embrace him. She took him by the hand, laughing and teasing, calling him her giant of Lannister.

He woke in darkness to a cold empty room.

Plus all the times Tyrion just wants some damn recognition for everything he's done. He's the most selfless character in the series, yet he never gets any credit for it. In this dream sequence, where he's mentally imagining getting all the praise he knows he deserves yet doesn't imagine in real life because he knows he'll never get it, my heart goes out to him. Poor guy.

I SHOULD NOT GET THIS SAD OVER FICTIONAL CHARACTERS.

#16 Lord Syv Aldlark

Lord Syv Aldlark

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

When re learn about Tysha being a sincere young girl who fell in love with Tyrion. It really makes you think about what happened to her and you want to know as much as he does.

#17 FacelessDude

FacelessDude

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Today while starting my first re-read of aCoK I realized how bad I felt for Maester Cressen. He basically raised Robert, Renly and Stannis after the death of their father Steffon. Since he is old and brittle he can't do the things he once could and Stannis treats him like a replaceable object after all of the compassion and love he showed Stannis. Even at his last moments he still loves Stannis even though he is forced by Selyse to wear Patchface's bucket on his head, then his final breath of life is wasted as his failed assassination attempt of Mel backfires on him.

#18 Lady Shadow Cat

Lady Shadow Cat

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Maester Luwin when he thinks that Bran and Rickon were killed by Theon

Dany having to smother Drogo

Catelyn's final thoughts at the RW

Arya fleeing after Syrio tells her to "run to her father", and she is running through the city seeing the dead Stark followers...scene ending with Ned's beheading. For a 9 year old to go through that gets me everytime.

the devastation of the smallfolk during the war

#19 Woftis

Woftis

Mr. Tambourine Man

• Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Theon reflecting that he should of died with Robb at the Red Wedding /crying.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crying:' />

#20 old_wolf

old_wolf

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Theon reflecting that he should of died with Robb at the Red Wedding /crying.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crying:' />

jon reflecting the last of the giants when he finds noye and mag the mighty

Edited by old_wolf, 25 March 2013 - 02:35 PM.