Stieg Larsson - TM Series Rant (spoilers)

ShadowRaven

Mods, don't lock, read until end before deciding.

Stop reading this topic if you havn't read the first, second and third book.

Book 1: Heavenly PERFECTION

Book 2: All men are perverts and the only decent ones are sexy sculped olympians and Feminisme through all the way

Book 3: Getting tired of the heavy feminism

On a more serious note: tell me again how a secret organization 'The Section', super duper spies hire 2 street mercenaries instead of a sniper? One would think a sniper would be in their realm of possiblities. But not, they get street scum from east europa with gunz to do the job. Hello spydom, not.

Oh and another thing: one would 2 'gangster' would be able to beat Michael instead of waiting for him to bump into him and kill him.

If it wasn't for the fact that I compare Lisbeth with a Swedish women version of Bruce Lee I would think it ridiculous for a 75 pound girl to beat 10 people, some with gunz.

How can this book be considered treasure when only the first book is good? The second and third seem even out of style of Stieg if compared to the first. Has some feminist supporter gotten her hands on the original or has Stieg gone crazy before he died (may his soul rest in piece)?

Please explain to this simple fool why these books are not flawed?

Mods, have some sense of justice and equality and just let this topic be open. If it gets out of hand close it, but please don't close it for the sake of literary perfection.

Read further, I address more points than just that......

AND I DO have a problem with the annoying feminism in the book. If there was such a thing as 'macho-ism' I would have a definite problem with that too if it was thrown at me like feminism is in TMS..... I don't have a problem with feminism at all, but I do not enjoy reading a detective (what else is it?) with a lot of males being portrayed as sex driven fools that are out to rape little girls and teenagers. I read it for the sake of completing a series.

I enjoyed 100% of the first book, 50% of the second and 30% of the third book. The rest was garbage; the feminism, the Section being deceived so easily and the fact that the media thinks they have THAT much power. Stieg worked in the media, so he based it upon that, fine, but did he have to write about a secret organization and make them weak after 100 pages?

I liked the part where Zalachenko died, but did they really have to porttray the Section as amateurs?

Read further, I address more points than just that......

AND I DO have a problem with the annoying feminism in the book. If there was such a thing as 'macho-ism' I would have a definite problem with that too if it was thrown at me like feminism is in TMS..... I don't have a problem with feminism at all, but I do not enjoy reading a detective (what else is it?) with a lot of males being portrayed as sex driven fools that are out to rape little girls and teenagers. I read it for the sake of completing a series.

I enjoyed 100% of the first book, 50% of the second and 30% of the third book. The rest was garbage; the feminism, the Section being deceived so easily and the fact that the media thinks they have THAT much power. Stieg worked in the media, so he based it upon that, fine, but did he have to write about a secret organization and make them weak after 100 pages?

I liked the part where Zalachenko died, but did they really have to porttray the Section as amateurs?

What did you expect from a series whose first book was originally titled Men Who Hate Women?

What did you expect from a series whose first book was originally titled Men Who Hate Women?

A teacher at school recommended it to me. And when another said it was pure bliss I thought I should read it as well.....First book they were dead on, but the last 2? No thanks.

I guess you are right though. I did enjoy moments though....Gonna mis Lisbeth the most......Michael not so much.

It's fine to have a problem with that, but you're misattributing it if that's what you consider an example of heavy feminism. Feminists aren't responsible for the creation of cookie cutter villains. Bad writers are responsible for that.

Looks like you liked it fine until your feathers got ruffled on a pet dislike... i understand completely, i probably would also get my feathers ruffled for the same lazy multiple villain characterization... but i probably would realise that's what was intended all along.

Resuming, i think you got trolled by a hack (that you like reading until he trolls your ... err, don't have the right words... what you think masculinity in general should be? Your conception of society? That some character thinks with narrative justification that 'all men are pigs' until she receives some sexual healing from the caring stud protagonist (sex maybe withhold until the ending or the next book?).

I read the first book and I don't see why the series is loved. It's basically a basic thriller mixed in with some cathartic rapist-bashing by the author. I don't really see the big deal. Lisbeth Salander was not interesting, the book didn't make me think and it dropped from my head the minute I was done.

Archived