'The Winds Of Winter' Death Predictions

Queen of Whores

I agree it's too many but think of it another way, Winds will set-up the finale. That means, you would imagine, that many characters not integral to the finale will need to fall beside the way side to best document the finale with a view to the key characters (Tyrion, Dany, Jon, Stannis etc), so it's inevitable there will be a lot of death.

I am not too sure if there will be only 7 books. I think GRRM will write 8 books. Remember he is telling a story and to me it still feels like there is lot of parts he did not cover and I don't see him finishing it in 7 books. I think it would take lot of time for him to finish the Essos part up. I actually don't even see Dany going to Westeros up until book 7. To me the death depends on how much of the story he covers. And I don't know why lot of people are putting Barristan as a dead guy. Maybe they are bias because he is a old guy. I at least see him make it up to Westeros. I see one of the Bolton dying and lot of the Freys dying but beyond that I have no idea.

That is way too many people. Even storm of swords did not have as much known characters dying. Only one that I see dying is Roose Bolton. As for others its hard to tell because I have no idea where the story will go. However I see Cersei surviving book 6. And obviously more Freys will die in WOW. And it also depends on how far the story goes. In book 4 and 5 the plot really did not progress too much. However I feel that book 6 the plot will progress more and I do see lot of people dying but not to the extent that you have. That is wayyyyyyyy too many people.

Way too many people I agree.But now it is a different situation than SoS.Now he omitted 2 battles in DwD and he has 20 POV characters (not 10 like in SoS) that he wants to reduce.Winter has come finally and King's Landing will change hands.These will not happen without deaths of major characters.

Way too many people I agree.But now it is a different situation than SoS.Now he omitted 2 battles in DwD and he has 20 POV characters (not 10 like in SoS) that he wants to reduce.Winter has come finally and King's Landing will change hands.These will not happen without deaths of major characters.

I won't be surprised if WOW has more pov characters dying then SOS but definitely not to the extent the person showed. The main thing is how much forward the story moves and based on that we would see the deaths. Even if KL changes hands that does not mean as much pov characters dying. One thing is I see Myrcella and Tommen dying before Cersi and then Cersi getting killed so in order for that to happen it would take a while. And its not easy for to KL to change hands. I could see lot more deaths but hard to predict how much the story will progress.

I

I actually expect Stannis to die in the battle for Winterfell.

This will make Melisandre reconsider her prophecy; she will realize Jon's the real deal and eventually dies resurrect him...

Interesting, I can see your logic but also think he must live in order to unite the North. Melisandre already knows Stannis is not the stuff of prophecy.

I won't be surprised if WOW has more pov characters dying then SOS but definitely not to the extent the person showed. The main thing is how much forward the story moves and based on that we would see the deaths. Even if KL changes hands that does not mean as much pov characters dying. One thing is I see Myrcella and Tommen dying before Cersi and then Cersi getting killed so in order for that to happen it would take a while. And its not easy for to KL to change hands. I could see lot more deaths but hard to predict how much the story will progress.

I tend to agree with you- it will make the storyline better if it is significantly narrowed in ADOS. I always thoiught his first three books were better than the last two - initially I attributed it to lack of focsu

- Lady Stoneheart
- Theon Greyjoy
- Victarion Greyjoy

- Euron Greyjoy
- Ramsay Bolton

- Roose Bolton
- Rickon Stark
- Doran Martell
- Walder Frey

- Wyman Manderly
- Davos
- Selyse
- Jojen

- Hodor

I see Tyrells taking over the King's Landing, thus saving Margaery. Tommen will remain the king until Aegon comes. I think Cersei will survive somehow, but will lose all her power.

Also, I think that the wildlings and watchers on the Wall will be destroyed by the Others.

I think Lady Stoneheart will survive until DoS until Arya comes back to Westros. The two of them had a strained relationship but still loved each other, and the FM serve the god of death and LS is cheating the god of death. Cat is being kept alive by hate at what has been done to her family and with Sansa touring the Vale, Bran stuck under a weirwood tree, and Rickon going to be used as a figurehead for the North to rally behind, I think it makes sense for Arya to be sent back to Westeros to deal with this Undead being (Not knowing it is Cat), Cat will see her and be at peace.

Raff the Sweetling

Victarion

Tommen

Myrcella

Jon Connington

Brienne

Garlan

Petyr Baelish

Cotter Pyke

Bowen Marsh

Shireen

Damphair

Either Sweetrobin or Harry the Heir

Margaery

Sealord of Braavos

Hizdahr zo Loraq

Daario

Missandei

Stoneheart

Thoros of Myr

septa Unella

Lancel Lannister

Daven Lannister

lot of Freys

POV Characters to die in TWoW

Asha Greyjoy

Areo Hotah

Barristan Selmy

Non-POV Characters to die in TWoW (North)

Roose Bolton

Ramsay Snow

Wyman Manderly

Bowen Marsh

Alliser Thorne

Denys Mallister

Whoresbane Umber

Non-POV Characters to die in TWoW (Meereen)

Jorah Mormont

Daario Naharis

Strong Belwas

Brown Ben Plumm

Hizdahr zo Loraq

Reznak mo Reznak

Green Grace

Non-POV Characters to die in TWoW (The Reach)

Garlan Tyrell

Loras Tyrell

Non-POV Characters to die in TWoW (Oldtown)

Euron Greyjoy

Randyll Tarly

Non-POV Characters to die in TWoW (Dorne)

Doran Martell

Non-POV Characters to die in TWoW (KL)

Lancel Lannister

Non-POV Characters to die in TWoW (Storm’s End)

Mace Tyrell

Non-POV Characters to die in TWoW (The Vale)

Littlefinger

Non-POV Characters to die in TWoW (Riverlands)

Emmon Frey

Gemma Lannister

Devan Lannister

Walder Frey

A lot of Freys

I'll add my death pool guesses:

1. Tommen and Myrcella - Cersei still has a lot of anguish to go through. Since she has to drown in tears and all that prophecy stuff the kids are most likely to bite it. And somehow it will be Cersei's fault due to her schemes. This will give Jaime a reason to strangle her in the last book. -- Also means Cersei and Jaime survive until the final book.

2. Robert Strong. Qyburn and Sandor Clegane - Sandor gets to kill his brother, it's been mentioned too much for it not to happen, probably will have something to do with fire in front of a crowd. The Hound sacrificing himself to finish off Strong. Qyburn is too tied in with Robert Strong to survive him, so he goes at the same time, or possibly just prior. Probably happen in WoW so we can free up some pages for The Others.

3. Mace Tyrell, Randyll Tarly and/or Harys Swyft - They are pretty interchangeable right now as Lannister frenemies. Just so we can all keep wallowing in Cersei's evil plotting, a couple of them will get bumped off by her. My guess is Mace almost certainly and early so that Margaery can be put in jeopardy that will have her wringing her hands for a few chapters and the scheme somehow result in Tommen's death when he stumbles in the way of whatever device Cersei has dispatched to get the prettier queen. Tarly or Swyft, flip a coin. One of them will bump into Robert Strong in a dark stairwell.

4. Stannis - He's not Azor Ahai, so he has to be removed to make way for the real Azor to be unveiled in the last book. He'll die nobly but somehow pointlessly over some minor issue of honor.

5. Euron/Victarion/Aeron Greyjoy - I find them all to seriously be a waste of pages. I really have no interest in them. Balon didn't even get a decent death, just blown off a bridge off camera, whee. Victarion gets to kill Euron I'd guess, then meets his doom in some swell sea battle, drowned god blah blah blah. Aeron drowns himself in some fit of piety over his role in it all, I don't care.

6. Doran Martell/Nymeria Sand - Doran's dying, so he'll finally die, off camera. Hearing about it in King's Landing, Cersei (or someone) will use the chance to bump off Nymeria. Arianne who is in the Stormlands comes to power and makes a right ol' cock-up of whatever plans Doran had in place. Most likely calling her banners prematurely to march on Kings Landing. Of course the plan will be discovered and the Tyrells will be waiting and we will get a snoozefest as their armies stalemate in the Marches, thus explaining why two large forces that could make a difference in some key battles somewhere else are not a factor.

7. Roose/Ramsey Bolton - So The Others are coming. We need some breathing room for the good guys in the North to do battle with them. The Wall is going to fall, Winterfell is the fall back location for the forces defending it. Bolton's are just plain in the way. Oodles and oodles of Freys and other nefarious types will go down with them. Ramsey is way more evil so dies last. My guess is Ramsey will kill Roose when the elder Bolton decides to abandon Winterfell. Winterfell falls and Ramsey gets a gruesome two page death with lots of screaming and agony. Maybe we'll get his POV as he watches Ghost disembowel him, eat his entrails and his girls joining in the feast. Oh and Theon stumbles on the scene, Ramsey stretching out a bloody hand begging Reek for help or mercy. Theon says something like 'I know my name, it is not Reek', turns and walks away. Reek rhymes with boom-goes-the-dynamite-EEK.

8. Daario Naharis/Hizdahr zo Loraq - In the way of someone worthy to boink Daenerys, so they both go. Big battle for Meereen, Daario kills Hizdahr. Heartbroken at having to give the order, but knowing it's what she must do as a queen, Daenerys has Daario executed for regicide. Maybe when she's laying in bed all broken up and sobbing afterward we'll get another one of those hawt girl-girl scenes with one of her handmaidens.

9. Petr Baelish or Varys - Again, time to start clearing the board to make room for The Others. Too many plots and plotters right now, one of them goes.

From the TV show we know that Sansa is going to out herself as a Stark at some point. So even if he's not dead, Baelish is still not long for the Vale.

10. Robert Arryn - It's winter, he's a wimp. Easy math. Plus with him out of the way Sansa has a solid claim on the Vail herself, and some highborn Vale studmuffin will scoop her up.

Who won't die (yet):

Margaery Tyrell-Balratheon-Balratheon-Balratheon - Should outlive Cersei to fulfill the prophecy. So she makes it into the last book as well. Thrice married, thrice widowed has a nice ring. Plus Natalie Dormer already got killed off as a queen once, it would be redundant to kill her again.

Selyse, Milisandre and Shireen - I think Shireen has a destiny to become the final big-bad. Milisandre and Selyse get to live long enough to be horrified by what she has become and realize that Patchface is Saruman.

Theon and Asha Greyjoy - Theon still has some parting out to go through before he dies honorably defending a weirwood, watched by Bran in the last book. Asha is the last of the Greyjoys and returns to the rusty islands to take the waterslide throne or whatever it's called. Yay, good for her, snore.

Brienne - Too honorable to give Jaime over to Lady Stoneheart to save her own skin. Whatever she's doing with Jaimie is part of her honorable quest, not dragging him back for a trial. Jaime will need someone to mourn him when he dies in final book, that will be Brienne. Brienne will become part of Daenerys' Queens Guard.

Jorah Mormont - Lives long enough to join the Night's Watch like his pa wanted him to. Dies fighting the Others in the last book.

Barristan Selmy - Lives long enough to return to Westeros at his queen's side in the last book, so everyone will know he found someone worthy of his sword. With his last breath he will tell Brienne she is a worthy knight.

Smelly Cat - Will wheeze around long enough to see that Jon Snow has become a son worthy of Ned's name.

Jon Snow - Laid up for a while, but we'll be told that thankfully his heavy cloaks kept the daggers from doing their worst. He's lucky to be alive. No magic required here, keep moving. Lives to the end so when Daenerys offers him Winterfell he can be all honorable and stuff, turn it down and say something like "Winter will come again, my place is rebuilding the wall to keep the world safe for another thousand years." Ooooooo, special.

Rickon - Gets Winterfell.

Bran - Becomes a Tree Ent.

Sansa - Unfortunately. Does anyone care? She gets the Vale, big whoop. At least one major character should die of the bloody flux so we know it's a real danger to everyone, not just redshirts. I nominate Sansa.

Arya - Has the wife-shield thing going.

Samwise Gamgee--oops Samwell Tarly - Com'on the last book is going to end with him writing this all down, you know it's coming.

People who probably shouldn't survive:

Tyrion - Known kinslayer, admitted kingslayer. Would be cool for him to wind up as Daenerys' Hand in Westeros. But his reputation would soil her. Maybe he can throw himself on a short spear for her.

Daenerys - We all assume she is the star of the books, and she is. But it would be such an awesome plot swerve if she gets a bolt to

the belly halfway through the last book.

Ooooo, speaking of plot swerves. Last book, final chapters. Bran wakes up after his fall. He had taken a nasty bump to the head but is otherwise unharmed. He tells about seeing Cersei and Jaime doing the wild monkey in the tower. King Robbie B has the twins tried and executed at Winterfell, he banishes to incesto-kids to Casterly Rock and forces the Lannisters to pay off all the crown debts as a fine for Cersei and Jaime's treason. Bran continues to lay out the story from his dream. Seeing it as a message from the old gods, KRB sends emissaries to treat with the free folk to prepare for the coming war. He legidimizes Gendry and offers him in marriage to Daenerys, before Viserys can sell her off (Viserys still has to die to make it a neat package). KRB abdicates and takes the black to do what he is most useful at. Catelyn is shamed by her behavior in Bran's dream and makes amends with Jon Snow. Jon is taken with the tales Bran has told of him and decides to go ahead and take the black with KRB. Tyrion jumps on the bandwagon and takes the black as well. Hearing tale of what the king has done and of the prediction from Bran, great knights and lords from all over the realm give themselves to the Nights Watch to defend the realm of men. The wall is fully manned. Finally, KRB and the Old Bear are sitting in Mormont's chambers having a meal when Bobby Ewing steps out of the shower.

I don't think Dany is the star of the books, I believe she's one of the key characters but I do feel she will die before the saga's conclusion.

She certainly isn't the prime focus of the story. She's in fourth place as far as POV chapters so if you put any bearing in that, its no sure bet that she'll 'win' or even be there at the end.

Archived