'The Winds Of Winter' Death Predictions

Queen of Whores

in the darkness jon as leader of the survivors will ride from town to town killing remaining walking dead that escaped from dragon fire. he will free people hidden in caves and basement. and treating wounded and helping to recover and rebuild the kingdoms. finally he will be declared as true leader and savior protector of seven kingdoms.

... sounds like he might fight Diablo afterwards :lmao:

Does Jon need to be dead to be reborn in fire and ice as azhor azai ( excuse spelling lol ) but if all the other theories about R+L = J are true it seems pretty harsh that Jon doesnt hear the truth as alive Jon !! Would be rubbish if he found out the truth as AA or as unJon because it wouldn't mean anything to him then .

• 1 month later...

North:
I think a huge battle will take place in the North at the end of the book between men and others, and most of the known characters in the North will die (+ those who will probably die in the battle of Winterfell).
So:
Stannis
Melisandre
Davos
Manderly
Boltons
Freys in Winterfell
Asha and Theon

KL:
I am a "Cersei blows King's Landing up" supporter, so
Tommen (killed by a Faceless woMan?)
Cersei
most of King's Landing's population

Essos:
Jorah
Victarion (roasted by a dragon)

I think Theon might actually make it...

My death predictions for TWOW:

- Shireen

- Tommen or Myrcella, most likely both

- Barristan and/or Jorah

- Davos and/or Osha

- several of the Tyrells

- several of the Martells

- Victarion (and may he also take Aeron the Boring)

- Jon Con (no money on that one)

- maybe Faegon (IMO he'll either bite it in TWOW or go on to win the Game in the end)

- Littlefinger (perhaps not dead but somehow disabled as a player in the Game)

- Hizdar (Dany can't stay married to that non entity)

- Hodor

- Jojen (assuming he's not already paste as he IMO is)

- Wyman Manderly

- Tormund (sniff!)

- Ramsay Bolton

- UnCat

As a Jaime fan, I can't have an objective view on the whole Jaime + Brienne + therefore probably Cersei conundrum. One can only hope against odds and repeat often "GRRM please don't kill off Jaime!"

I totally agree on EVERY ENTRY except Hodor. GRRM will kill Brienne, not Jaime IMHO, and he'd better kill Euron too... The reason why Hodor won't die is that he has really no influence on the story, and never has, but he is great comic relief. Theon will go back to the Iron Islands and become a great leader, though Asha, IMHO again, will bite the dust early on in this book. Arya too, but I hope not... Oh, and Stannis has a 75% death chance...

I don't think that as many "major" characters as some folk believe will be killed off.

The people with an almost 100% chance of survival I'd say include the 3 main characters: Jon (he will be brought back to life by some Mellisandre magic so I am not counting him though his fate will be left up in the air for a portion of the book), Dany and Tyrion. I also expect all the other "major" POVs: Arya, Sansa, Jaime, Cersei, Davos & Sam to still be standing at the end of TWOW.

I know that a big focus (mainly in ADOS) will be the Others but I still feel Varys and Littlefinger will live on to have some more plots unfold. Arguably Littlefinger (killing Jon Arryn) and Jaime/Cersei (being caught by Bran) got the whole GOT ball rolling so I would expect all 3 to live well into ADOS. I actually think the twins will be the last 2 characters to die in the series (of significance). I would absolutely LOVE Arya to be the one to kill Cersei as she hasn't gotten any of the "big" names on her list and for revenge for Lady but due to the prophecy it will be Jaime who eventually does the deed.Can't see anyone else strangling her either which to me that passion is involved.

I think Brienne (unfortunately) will die in this book at the hands of Lady Stoneheart. Jaime will then re-kill LS to put her out of her misery though I wanted her to see her kids first but she seems too far away from them. I just can't see her having a happy ending (in her mind it would be her and Jaime riding off into the sunset but this is highly unlikely) and she doesn't serve much purpose other than helping Jaime grow.

Sweet Robin will be somehow killed by LF and Sansa will find out about it. This will bring her loathing of him up to a point (he does other hateful things throughout the book beforehand) but nothing will come of it in this book.

Tommen and Myrcella WILL die before Cersei (before she flees KL to Casterly Rock) though not sure if it will be this one or the next one. I think that Stannis will stay alive long enough so that they are both dead and he will die as the King of Westeros (in the eyes of everyone) but then will die in battle. This won't be til ADOS though. Apologies getting ahead of myself...

Doran will die which leaves Arianne in charge but I feel that she will die in some way so that Myrcella is "crowned" with Trystane.

Lancel will represent the Faith and get absolutely demolished by Robert Strong. Margeary will lose her trial (Cersei will manipulate the judges - guessing by the Prologue in ADWD she hasn't learned anything) and her head will role. The Tyrells will go bonkers and a few insignificant folk from Tyrell/Lannister side will die

Bowen Marsh will meet his end

The whole Greyjoy arc bores me to tears (bar Theon and Asha) so I am probably not invested enough to predict their fates though Euron will probably bite the bullet

Mellisandre will sacrifice herself for Jon though this won't happen til a portion into the ADOS after Stannis dies she will realise he is not Azor whatever its called.

Jojen will die (I feel the show foreshadowed it a wee bit)

No one of any significance will die in Meeren apart from Hizdahr and possibly Daario (I liked someone else's suggestion that this was her motivation to leave Meeren) I think it will be A Dream of Spring that is a major bloodbath if any! Jon Connington will die from greyscale

Deaths in TWOW: (in no particular order) Jojen, Sweet Robin, Brienne, Lady Stoneheart, Tommen, Doran, Grey Worm Hizdahr, Euron, JonCon, Bowen Marsh, Robert Strong/The Hound (Strong will die first and then the Hound will succumb), Podrick, Selsye, Areo

Deaths in ADOS: (in no particular order) Stannis, Alliser, Walder Frey (hopefully in a dramatic and gruesome fashion) Aeron Melisandre, Roose, Ramsey Barristen, Myrcella, Theon (will sacrifice himself to the Others to save Asha the new heir of the Iron Islands), Mace (when KL falls), Mance Rayder, Ilyn Payne Arianne, Jorah (proving his loyalty to Dany), Varys (most certainly burned by a dragon) LF (Sansa will kill him for his part in Ned's death - this will happen near the end as the story comes full circle), Cersei, Jaime, and the worst one of all to write: Arya :(

Survivors at the end: Jon, Sansa. Bran, Rickon, Sam, Gilly, Osha, Asha, (all the direwolves that are still alive), Loras, Dany, Tyrion (the lord of Casterly Rock and Hand to the Queen Dany), Jeyne Westerling, Benjen, Edmure, Bronn, Trystane, The Sand Snakes, Willas, Ollena, Val

Hmm got a bit carried away! :ohwell:

* Jaime

* Tommen

* Reznak

* Hizdahr

* Wyman Manderly

* Boltons and Freys (including Roose and Ramsay)

* Jojen

* Bowen Marsh

* Margaery

EDIT (including last book predictions): Littlefinger won't die, he will become Sansa's (un)trusted advisor. Sansa will lay claim to Casterly Rock, and the North. SweetRobin will have the Vale, with Sansa "guiding" him until she's back in Winterfell. She won't end up in Winterfell tho, but in Casterly Rock -- Rickon will have Winterfell. The Tyrells will be completely eliminated.

Not all but just the general direction I feel it may be heading with some- I hope I'm wrong.

Stannis - Unfortunately. I get the feeling he's overly confident, certainly regarding Ramsay in the Theon chapter. I get the feeling Theon's warning not to underestimate him is a foreshadowing. Stannis is definitely a doomed character anyway. If it wasn't obvious in the books, the show has certainly made it clear that he ain't going to win this thing.

Davos - This will damn near kill ME. But yeah - Barring a complete meltdown from Stannis' character which would cause him to alienate everyone, I can't see Davos living in any scenario where Stannis dies. He's too loyal.

Jojen - Obvious. Probably dead already.

Brienne - Will die saving Jaime's life.

Roose Bolton - Pretty much a race to see who betrays who first with him and Ramsay. I think Ramsay controls the north by the end of the book with Rickon as his hostage. His death will be a highlight of the last book.

Victorian - Just a blatantly doomed character who is walking into a trap.

Walder Frey - Killed by Jaime. Hopefully brutally.

Tommen - There will be chaos in King's Landing, and while I've no idea what may happen with Cersei/Tyrells/Strong etc. I do think the young king dies, probably Myrcella too.

...And plenty more. People at the Wall are going to start dying in numbers, between the others and the chaos that the bastard letter/Jon's attack may cause. Only Jon and probably Mel will come out alive. Obviously there'll be plenty of deaths in Meereen, the only characters I'd say are definitely safe are Tyrion and Dany, although I hope the latter gets Rob Stark'd. Agreed with people saying this is going to be a bloodbath of a book and a lot is going to have to be cleared up for White Walkers coming South. Still think Littlefinger and Varys are too clever and ruthless not to get to the very end - They will die then though, definitely.

Victarion is actually a great character, my favorite new POV in ADWD, and I hope to see him claim a dragon and head back to Pyke to take his revenge on his brother Euron with the help of Aeron. It is true that Euron's gifts are poisoned and the dusky woman has given Victarion a venerial disease that is fatal, however, Moqorro will cure him of it, though leaving him scarred, the same way he healed his arm. Victarion will become a follower of R'hollor - and I have a feeling that he (or Euron if I'm wrong) will use their dragon to conquer the Iron Throne, killing Tommen and many others, and forcing Cersei to become his bride against her will.

Jon will probably be a direwolf for quite a while, possibly the whole book, but get ressurected as Azor Azai, the Night's King, or TPWWP, or something else. He might sort of be like Coldhands/Lady Stoneheart - undead, or not (I hope not). His identity/parentage will of course be revealed in TWOW. I don't see the Night's Watch surviving an attack by the Others - and as some others have noted, it is likely that the Wildlings at the wall who outnumber the Watch 10 to 1 will probably turn on Bowen Marsh when they learn Jon is dead. With these reduced numbers, I see the wall falling to the Others - probably Melisandre's POV. Though I'm sure she'll escape, her character still has much to do. As the direwolf Ghost, Jon will stumble upon Ser Allister and rip his throat out - I hope.

Jaime is a dead man. Brienne, to save Pod, has agreed to capture him for Lady Stoneheart, but she might have convinced LS that Jaime has changed for the better and had nothing to do with the Red Wedding. LS might have been swayed or might not. She can't really tell Jaime the truth - that Catelyn has been brought back tio life as a hideous monster - he'd never believe her. So she told him the lie about Sansa to get him alone out of Riverrun. Then she tells him that she lied and the BWB has captured Pod. He'll nod and offer to help - they'll attempt a rescue but get captured. When Jaime sees LS he'll be silent for once in his life. She'll sentence him to die, but he'll give an impassioned speech about the irony of the whole story, then he'll die. Brienne will be quite upset for she cared for Jaime (but wasn't in love with him). LS will continue to hold Pod hostage - but will tell Brienne that she has one last job for her to do - something that she promised when they first met - she will let her kill Stannis Baratheon (the man who orchestrated her son's murder with blood magic - Thoros is aware of this fact somehow), then LS will let Pod go. Brienne will agree - for Renly (the man she did love).

I've been convinced by other things I've read that the youthful innocent Dany is done, she is about to become a Targarean in full. She'll have Drogon kill the lead Dothraki and the Khalassar will kneel to her. She'll send them to Mereen with a message to Barristan to gather the army and prepare to assault Westeros. She'll fly solo on Drogon to Asshai - where I have no clue what will happen - perhaps she'll meet the real "Quaithe" who was an illusion at earlier times - perhaps she'll find out secrets that no one else knows, about the Others, about Winter, and about her Nephew and hier to her brother Rhaegar's Throne. Then she'll return to Mereen and destroy all of her enemies - Hidzar and all of the elite of Mereen are dead men. All who wear floppy ears and senchels are dead men. Then she will pull together all the ships she can find - she is coming back to Westeros - in book 7! Her two other dragons went missing in the earlier battle. But she'll meet Jorah and Tyrion at the end - as they've been helping Barristan keep the peace in Mereen. Tyrion will impress Dany as she finds him interesting and likeable, but she will order Ser Jorah's execution (by axe, not fire - for she loves him) as he disobeyed her order of banishment. His last words will be - I always loved you Danerys. Her eyes will be full of tears as well - but she knows she can never be Queen while he lives.

Aegon will engage the Tyrells in skirmishes in the Stormlands, and from everywhere people will begin to rally to his cause. Arianne will be convinced and she'll make the decision to not wait for her father's permission to marry him. Jon Connington will become isolated as his greyscale gets worse. Arianne and the Martells will begin to hold more sway over Aegon's decision making - especially since Arianne is like so freaking hot that any guy would do whatever she said. When Victorian arrives riding a dragon, they'll suffer great casualties from the onslaught and retreat to Storm's End. But help is coming from the most unlikely place - Qwentyn Martell riding his dragon fast towards Dorne. The man burned in ADWD was not him.

Arya will be sent to Westeros (or possibly Essos) to complete an assassination: either Dany, Cersei, or Tommen. Whether she is able to carry out the assassination is another story.

Bran sees a lot of things.

Sweetrobin dies. Littlefinger and Sansa do the nasty. Sansa marries Henry the Heir as Littlefinger declares himself for Aegon and the Tyrells.

Stannis, Theon, Asha - I'm a little puzzled about what happens here. Though I'm sure wither Ramsay or Roose will get it - if Ramsay isn't already disguised by magic as Mance in a cage outside Winterfell. I think I like Stannis defeating the Boltons in the ice, sparing Theon and Asha for now, and executing Roose. He storms Winterfell and they find Mance in a cage with all of his fingers and his nose lost to frostbite - only he isn't Mance - he's Ramsay. Theon then kills Ramsay brutally and coldly. Then before Theon's execution, the real Mance shows up and whisks him and Asha away - for what purpose I don't know, but its riveting all the same. Brienne might show up and take out Stannis - leaving the followers of R'hollor dejected - their messianic figure dead.

Davos will go after Rickon and Osha, but what will he find - and what will the Manderlys do when he brings him back?

One thing is for sure - the winds of winter brought by the Other will cover the whole land in Ice. But then Winter isn't the only thing coming. Fire is coming.

• 1 month later...

I am leaning towards the idea that Tyrion's death along with Viserion and Stannis will be one of the grand finales of TWoW. Another grand finale is of course the Wall coming down (not necesarily in a physical manner but the magic at the Wall might be gone).

I’m expecting to die in TWOW:

- Arya (because of the vision)

- Tommen and Myrcella (because of the prophecy)

- Cersei (maybe in TWOW, if not then ADOS, after all her children are dead)

- Jaime perhaps, after being killed by either Brienne or Lady Stoneheart

- Littlefinger, I hope not, but Sansa will kill a savage giant in a castle of snow according to a prophecy. That could be

- Grey Worm, don’t know why, just a gut feeling

- Walder Frey, because he’s incredibly old, especially for Westerosi standards, it would only make sense for him to die

- Bowen Marsh

- Victarion, because he’s so dumb and in the middle of a war

- Aeron, he will be killed by Euron

First post on the site!

I'm predicting for main characters to die in TWOW:

-JonCon (Greyscale)

-Barristan (Battle of Fire)

-Myrcella

-Tommen

-Cersei (Strangled by Jaime)

-Jaime (Suicide)

-Roose Bolton (Battle of Ice)