'The Winds Of Winter' Death Predictions

Queen of Whores

Who and How in no particular order: Top Ten

UnCat: Gives up her lifeforce to resurrect Jon Snow.

Barristan: I feel Dany needs a big death to modivate her to Westeros. I feel Barristan will be killed by Euron Greyjoy while still in Meeran.

Meryn Trant: He is on Arya's list. I feel he will be killed be Robert Strong in Cersie's growing paranoia.

Boros Blunt: Same as Trant.

Jojen Reed: Sickness. I feel he will be the Epilogue character.

Robert Arryn: Littlefinger's intervention leads to his death.

The Three Eyed Crow: Old age or stops holding on to life.

Hizdar: Killed by Victorian.

Tommen: His head is dashed against the wall by Aegon VI or one of his representitives.

Lancel: Trial by combat vs. Robert Strong. Possibly trial of seven.

I got my money on Stannis dieing in the North fighting the Others, which would allow Jon Snow to take full control over Stannis forces along with the wildlings, Northmen loyal to Winterfell and the reconstituted Nightwatch. Thus making Jon Snow/Stark the undisputed leader/hero of the North.

Next book will see Jon marching south to take on Dany for a Stark/Targaryean rematch. No kneeling for a Stark this time.

I like the idea of Cersei returning to Casterly Rock, only to have her party ambushed and UnCat will then strangle her.

It will not be LSH killing Cersei, it will be male a younger sibling, Tyrion, Jamie, Hound some other younger male sibling but not UnCat.

I have a feeling Littlefinger might leg it. Winter is going to be a perfect time for Sansa to start doing...well, SOMETHING, maybe learning what the game is about, finding out about Petyr's role in The Ned's murder, that sort of stuff. And then kick some serious ass and emancipate!

Wishful thinking there a bit, I know, but I feel there's a good chance he'll kick the bucket. Sansa has been long in the making and I feel this is the point where she has to start using what she's learned and kick some serious ass, or she'll forever be Petyr's pet. Littlefinger on the other hand, well...he's got crimes waiting to be answered. I feel his childhood craving for Catelyn has led to his downfall in the making (our girl Sansa), so while it's possible that he's one of the endgame big time players (along with Varys, the Starks, Danny etc), think - how long can the Game of Thrones go on? The Others are going to start swarming over the North, so this might be the last chance for ser Martin to resolve the politics of Westeros before the fire and ice prophecies, magic power ranger dragons and stuff like that start kicking in...

Not to mention that big daddy Yohn Royce has some serious Stark love, and when it's found out who Sansa truly is...well, lets just say she's got her work cut out for her. Taking control of the Eyrie is going to be the easiest thing ever. And when she finds out about Petyr the Git's crimes, you don't have to think twice before "MOON DOOR!" comes to mind. Maybe the Eyrie can stop being a dead weight then, and come to the aid of North against the Others...or decide to join up with Stannis/Jon/whateverthehellwillhappen...or just go kick some Lannister bottom...the possibilities are limitless.

So yeah, Middlefinger to Littlefinger. Or so I hope. I still remember The Ned.

Bowen Marsh and -- hell, most if not all of the Night Watch could very well be a goner.

Also, while I'm at it, I think Stannis might live if Jon lives. I often think about the symbolic meaning of the dead direwolf and stag, as far as I understand it it's a warning that Stark and Baratheon fates are linked. It's been a recurring theme since then - Robert and Ned both dying, Arya and Gendry running around together, Stannis and Jon being in total silent agreement over their way of thinking...if one dies, so does the other. We'll have to see how that turns out.

Some people seem to think that Littlefinger is likely to die in TWOW (or atleast in ADOS). I have no doubt that Littlefinger's well thought plans will eventually be smashed to pieces by Sansa as it's pretty clear that that's the direction her arc is being taken. However, Littlefinger is an expert schemer and above all a survivor. I predict that when the shit finally does hit the fan for him that he'll end up taking the black somehow.

It will not be LSH killing Cersei, it will be male a younger sibling, Tyrion, Jamie, Hound some other younger male sibling but not UnCat.

I like the idea, doesn't mean i'd expect it to happen ^>^

Maybe Brynden or those you named then, either way, I still like to believe that the brotherhood will get her.

I have no idea who (impossible to guess with this series) but I have a feeling GRRM is really going to hammer the reader with this one. Winter has been coming for five books now, and shit is about to get biblical. I think part of the reason (certainly just simply being a dedicated/talented storyteller being the main reason) GRRM has built up such a massive cast of characters, a lot of whom some (I'm not among them) consider unnecessary, is for when the pages turn into a veritable abbatoir, which is now. I have no idea who/when/what or where, but I think the sheer amount of deaths in this book is going to stagger everyone. Like, half the pov's kind of staggering.

Not to mention that big daddy Yohn Royce has some serious Stark love, and when it's found out who Sansa truly is...well, lets just say she's got her work cut out for her. Taking control of the Eyrie is going to be the easiest thing ever.

My theory- I do think Jon will be resurrected, but I think before that happens word will go out that he's dead. Sansa will told by Myranda or Mya be devastated, thinking Jon is the last of her family left (as Alayne she thinks about "how sweet it would be to see him again") and have a break down, leading them to figure out who she is. Then they tell Yohn Royce, leading Sansa to admit how Lysa died. LF's arrested, the trial goes down, bye bye LF.

I think Selmy's going to die before Dany can claim the throne, but I can't decide if it'll be TWOW or ADOS.

And I'm really hoping someone takes out Randyll Tarly, simply because he's a jerk.

Euron's probably doomed as well. Plus there's probably massive slaughter going on at the Wall in the moments after Jon's assassination, so who knows who will get taken out during that. I'm praying for Wun Wun's survival!

I believe Doran Martell might die. He always complains about his obesity and im guessing he has a thyroid problem not sure. It would give Arianne ruling power over Dorne and would rally their spears for Aegon and or Dany. It would be a great plot development for Dorne to really get into the war. I mean come on they are loyal to the Targaryens and also i believe when the Tyrell army will switch sides and become loyal to the Targaryen kings. This would be unreal and Dorne would be a deecent sized force...for the KL plot not really the North side of things but for the South war it will.

Ramsay Bolton (I really hope so)

Cersei Lannister

King Tommen Lannister

Princess Myrcella Lannister

King Stannis Baratheon

Jojen Reed

Meera Reed

"Lady Stoneheart" (It's about time...)

Lord Roose Bolton

Daario Naharis

Ser Davos Seaworth (Possibly?)

Bowen Marsh

Tormund Giantsbane (Har, no!)

Lord Mace Tyrell

Ser Balon Swann

Victarion Greyjoy

Ser Jorah Mormont (He's already half beaten to death)

Ser Barristan Selmy (Daenerys will finally learn how to be independent!)

Hizdahr zo Loraq

Brown Ben Plumm (Daenerys exacting her revenge)

Mago

Lem Lemoncloak (We need the first Hound to return!)

Thoros Of Myr

The Kettleblack Brothers

Ser Meryn Trant (PLEASE!)

Victarion or Barristan (depending on Dragonbinder and Dany's intervention- if Vic steals the dragons, Barry will die; if Vic's only purpose is to get Dany the means to control her dragons with the horn then he'll die), Asha most likely (George can never have two POV characters in the same place for too long), Theon will get his redemption before he dies, Stannis possibly (it's bound to happen, and you all know it), Jon Connington for the same reason as Asha now that Arianne is our eyes for Aegon, Tommen certainly (three crowns, three shrouds), possibly Jaime or Brienne (although that may be in ADoS), many MANY non POV characters from the Wall... And at least one character we really care about (Tyrion, Arya, Bran, Sansa, Davos, Arianne, etc). Quentin proved anything can happen, honestly...

EDIT: All the Boltons, many Freys... I think Stoneheart will attack The Twins, all of Dany's prisoners (lol, Daario included). I think by the end of the book we'll have Dany on her way to Westeros and the Wall falling down due to the blowing of the Horn of Winter.

I don't really care if the dragons die, I prefer the Game of Thrones to the Song of Ice and Fire. However, I think that Stannis' role depends on Melisandre. I could see him dying heroically against the others. If Mel gives up on Stannis, will he die? She's already taken a lot of 'life' out of him. I think Barristan will die, but it won't be the heroic death he deserves. Theon still has a part to play for me. The Damphair will die, his only purpose for me now is either another Kingsmoot or if there are Krakens. Victarion will survive until we know more about Euron and the plots they have against each other. I don't think either will live at the end of the series.

I like the idea of Cersei heading back to Casterly Rock and being ambushed by the BwB, it will get her to Jamie. But I don't think she'll go anywhere without Robert Strong. I think most of the major POVs still alive from AGOT will survive until the last book.

JonCon and Shireen's days are numbered. I think Aegon will claim the Iron Throne (If he can muster a larger army). I don't believe Dany will end up on or involved in the throne, the Dragons will probably fight the Others.

It's exciting!

I could see Jorah dying, but I hope not. Hopefully Meereen perishes in a mass of wildfire...

Stannis

Victarion

Asha or Theon? (only one)

Davos may die, his story is running it's coarse

Ramsay Bolton

Roose Bolton

A whole bunch of Freys at the hands of Stoneheart

Stoneheart, maybe she will pass on the kiss of life?

Jon Con (Arianne will take his place as the Aegon POV)

Jaime or Brienne. Guaranteed. I don't know which I prefer...

Also, someone we really care about may die (as in Arya/Tyrion/Bran/Sansa etc...)

In general, I expect this to be GRRM's biggest killing spree since ASoS (A Storm of Shit, as I like to call it, lol). Hopefully it will be as good as ASoS, too...

I don't really care if the dragons die, I prefer the Game of Thrones to the Song of Ice and Fire. However, I think that Stannis' role depends on Melisandre. I could see him dying heroically against the others. If Mel gives up on Stannis, will he die? She's already taken a lot of 'life' out of him. I think Barristan will die, but it won't be the heroic death he deserves. Theon still has a part to play for me. The Damphair will die, his only purpose for me now is either another Kingsmoot or if there are Krakens. Victarion will survive until we know more about Euron and the plots they have against each other. I don't think either will live at the end of the series.

I like the idea of Cersei heading back to Casterly Rock and being ambushed by the BwB, it will get her to Jamie. But I don't think she'll go anywhere without Robert Strong. I think most of the major POVs still alive from AGOT will survive until the last book.

JonCon and Shireen's days are numbered. I think Aegon will claim the Iron Throne (If he can muster a larger army). I don't believe Dany will end up on or involved in the throne, the Dragons will probably fight the Others.

It's exciting!

I could see Jorah dying, but I hope not. Hopefully Meereen perishes in a mass of wildfire...

Dany should just fly there, hoist Barristan on her dragon and burn the place to cinders. That should put an end to her problems...

Archived