Could Jon Snow actually be Aegon Targaryen

Of the North

This sorta sounds crazy, I just happened to be watching an episode of the show last night and I occured to me.... Could Jon Snow actually be Aegon... There is alot of speculation on wether young Griff is truly Aegon or a Blackfyre targaryen or Illyrio's son... There is also a ton of speculation that Jon= Lyanna + Rheagar, is it plausable that the kingsguard was a the Tower of Joy to Guard Aegon "the prince that was promised". I know this then brings up a question of what Lyanna was doing there.. is it possilbe that she somehow was convinced of Aegon was this "prince that was promised" and was there caring for him.... idk it sounds crazy...ned could have been convinced to help him to..... sounds kinda crazy i know.. i haven't heard anything like it, but hey crazier things have happened

Too young, wrong looks. He has the Stark look because his mother is a Stark. If he was Aegon, the Stark look wouldn't make sense. Also, Aegon had the traditional Targaryan look - the silver hair and purple eyes. Jon doesn't. And he wouldn't have been a fairly newborn when Ned brought him back to Winterfell, he would have been over one. The difference between a baby and a one year old is pretty hard to mistake.

I don't recall aegon ever being described as a baby just as young griff..... could be wrong no reall way to check right now... Also how long do you think it would take to travel from Starfall to winterfell... that is a extremely signifigant amount of time... particularly with a small child... and if we are to believe jon's milk maid was wyllla... he must have spent a fair amount of time there.. so to say he was still a newborn seems impossilble... he may have been a year or older when he got to winterfell... I tend to lean j=l+r but i just though this was not totally impossible

Add this to the crazy crackpot theories... not only does he look completely different, but he is too young. You can mistake the age of a kid after he is older then 5-6 years, but not when he's a baby.

I don't recall aegon ever being described as a baby just as young griff..... could be wrong no reall way to check right now... Also how long do you think it would take to travel from Starfall to winterfell... that is a extremely signifigant amount of time... particularly with a small child... and if we are to believe jon's milk maid was wyllla... he must have spent a fair amount of time there.. so to say he was still a newborn seems impossilble... he may have been a year or older when he got to winterfell... I tend to lean j=l+r but i just though this was not totally impossible

I think in an SSM it's stated that Rhaenys took after the Martells and Aegon the Targaryens.

Catelyn says when she and Robb arrived at Winterfell, Jon was already there with his wet nurse. Idk why she would remain so long at Riverrun. Baby Jon must have traveled by boat from Starfall.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/A_Number_of_Questions/

Q: Do you have any idea what Rhaenys and Aegon looked like? (Hair color, eye color, etc.)

A: Rhaenys looked more like a Martell, Aegon more a Targaryen.

That's it for me. Good luck on the next book...

Also, Kevan talks about a few strands of pale hair or something like that when he's talking about Aegon's body and how no one looked long. And presumably Jon Con knew what he looked like, so he wouldn't accept Young Griff as Aegon if he had totally the wrong look.

http://www.westeros....r_of_Questions/

Q: Do you have any idea what Rhaenys and Aegon looked like? (Hair color, eye color, etc.)

A: Rhaenys looked more like a Martell, Aegon more a Targaryen.

That's it for me. Good luck on the next book...

Also, Kevan talks about a few strands of pale hair or something like that when he's talking about Aegon's body and how no one looked long. And presumably Jon Con knew what he looked like, so he wouldn't accept Young Griff as Aegon if he had totally the wrong look.

And we are all in full agreement on what this quote means right? That the children known as Rhaenys and Aegon merely looked like a Martell and a Targaryen. What more evidence could you need that Rhaegar and Elia's actual children were switched at birth and these two did not inherit the looks but were merely convenient lookalikes?

Too young, wrong looks. He has the Stark look because his mother is a Stark. If he was Aegon, the Stark look wouldn't make sense. Also, Aegon had the traditional Targaryan look - the silver hair and purple eyes. Jon doesn't. And he wouldn't have been a fairly newborn when Ned brought him back to Winterfell, he would have been over one. The difference between a baby and a one year old is pretty hard to mistake.

I agree. That Stark look has been made much of by Martin - and it connects Jon with the North, the Wall, the First Men, the CoF. If he is a Targ, ,at least up until now, his blood has been pure Stark. (He does not know otherwise!)

I am not looking forward to Jon learning the truth, if Ned is not his dad. At least with modern psychology, Jon will have to deal with betrayal issues. This is why Ghost needs to visit BR - so a Targ can tell him the truth - lessen the blow. Just my nutty thoughts. :cheers:

I agree. That Stark look has been made much of by Martin - and it connects Jon with the North, the Wall, the First Men, the CoF. If he is a Targ, ,at least up until now, his blood has been pure Stark. (He does not know otherwise!)

I am not looking forward to Jon learning the truth, if Ned is not his dad. At least with modern psychology, Jon will have to deal with betrayal issues. This is why Ghost needs to visit BR - so a Targ can tell him the truth - lessen the blow. Just my nutty thoughts. :cheers:

Part of me loves the idea that the reader finds out through Bran but Jon never finds out (Bran decides not to tell him, knowing how upset he would be). Part of me thinks that would be a cop-out. I'm torn. Poor Jon.

And we are all in full agreement on what this quote means right? That the children known as Rhaenys and Aegon merely looked like a Martell and a Targaryen. What more evidence could you need that Rhaegar and Elia's actual children were switched at birth and these two did not inherit the looks but were merely convenient lookalikes?

Not at all, the question is what they looked like, the answer naturally focuses on what they looked like. I'm not saying it's impossible that they were switched, but I don't think that quote adds any particular weight to it.

Don't worry, I am mostly kidding. I would have added an emoticon but I was in a hurry.

I'm afraid I am not totally joking though. I have been half in love with the idea of Elia and Ashara swapping children at birth ever since I realised that Elia probably conceived sometime in a half year window of Harrenhal. On this forum one doesn't need any better evidence than that to suspect a baby switch and that SSM quote continues the trend of not really telling us much solid evidence that can be used to outright disprove crackpot ideas.

Archived