Notable Releases
From the Store
Game of Thrones Clegane Shot Glass
Game of Thrones Clegane Shot Glass
HBO US
Featured Sites
License Holders

Photo

Secret Santa VII---Gifts are arriving all over the world!

229 replies to this topic

#1 Lany Cassandra

Lany Cassandra

Layers, like an onion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,410 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

For the past 6 years, we have had a Christmas gift exchange. I would like us to have one again this year and am willing to coordinate it again.

Once again, we will have a $40US value of the gift.

1) If you would like to sign up, just post in this thread and fill out the questionaire. (you can PM/e-mail this if you prefer)
2) PM or e-mail me your real name and address
3) I will PM you your person and their information
4) Read your person's questionaire and buy them a gift you think they would like
5) Ship your gift so it will arrive before December 24th
6) Post in this thread when you get your gift (I like to keep track); try and guess who it is from
7) Have a good time getting to know more about people here

I have to say this, as it has happened several times:

PLEASE, PLEASE, only sign up if you are sure you can participate.

Edited by Ser Lany Cassandra, 28 November 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#2 Lany Cassandra

Lany Cassandra

Layers, like an onion

• Members
  • 13,410 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

Questionnaire 1
Are you over 18?
Are you willing to ship internationally?
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc):
Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) :
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc):
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc):
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like):
Favorite animal:
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like):
Favorite Color :
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like:
Do you collect anything?
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need?
Anything else you would like your SS to know about you:

Questionnaire 2
2. What is your favorite:

a. Color?
b. Type of candy? Aything chocolate...pecans and cashews in it rock.
c. Type of munchie?
d. Puzzle to do?

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) .

4. What type of hobbies do you have?

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be?

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies?

7. Favorite Christmas movie and why?

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/

9. If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:
a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.
c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet
d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.

10. Favorite Christmas music

11. What is your Christmas morning like"

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
c. organized, but fast paced
d. "Christmas is HOW SOON???!!!!"
e. all of the above.

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)

14. What colors are in your:
a. bedroom?
b: kitchen?
c. living room?

15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc

Anything else your SS should know about you?

#3 the maid of woodlynne

the maid of woodlynne

HRH Spam Queen

• Members
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

I'm in! It was great fun last year.
Thanks, Lany, for doing the heavy lifting. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

ETA the questionnaire(s)
Questionnaire 1
Are you over 18? yes
Are you willing to ship internationally? yes
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Italian, or Sushi
Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : twix
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): pumpkin spice, vanilla, cotton candy
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): drinking good beer and cooking for my friends
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Chuck Palahniuk, GRRM, Stephen King, Irvine Welsh - along those lines
Favorite animal: Dog and/or Unicorn /wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): dystopian sci-fi, dark thrillers, John Hughes, Kevin Smith - no chick flicks!
Favorite Color : Black (to wear)
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Gaslight Anthem, Death Cab for Cutie, U2, REM
Do you collect anything? Autographed NY Yankees memorabilia.
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? Lush Snow Fairy shower gel - it's only out at Christmastime
Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: I live very close to a Lush shop www.lush.com

Questionnaire 2

a. Color? Black
b. Type of candy? Twix
c. Type of munchie? Cool Ranch Doritos
d. Puzzle to do? sudoku

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) . Colonial Williamsburg ornaments, but I'm a member so they come to me automatically.

4. What type of hobbies do you have? reading, PS3, TTTNE, being a beer snob

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Family!

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? Huge Italian Family Christmas

It's a Wonderful Life - family tradition to watch it together on Christmas Eve
Nightmare Before Christmas - Me and my brother stay up to watch this after everyone has gone to bed

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ - Religious. I'm Catholic

9. If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.
Move this cabin to the heart of Central Park, include my huge extended family and my homemade eggnogg and it will be perfect!

A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector
Vince Guaraldi Trio - A Charlie Brown Christmas
Any Sinatra Christmas Album which incudes Adeste Fideles or It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
I also love indie rock/alternative/punk holiday stuff

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above.

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. Diamond stud earrings from Tiffany & Co. (although there's no way they'll come in under the $40 cap).

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing) I'm a size 7.5 ring, if anyone is headed to Tiffany's ;P

a. bedroom? Tiffany Blue, white and chocolate brown
b: kitchen? Red
c. living room? White with chocolate brown accents

15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc Mission, but with skulls everywhere \m/

I don't need any music, movies, books or PS3 games - anything mentioned is just to give you an idea of what I like.

ETA: I'm a proud Hufflepuff, and do most of my Christmas shopping at Thinkgeek.com, which is chock full of fun stuff (star wars, alien, unicorn, skulls, zombies) perfect for a girl like me. If you are stuck for ideas.

ETA2: I've lived in NJ my entire life and would not be the least bit upset if you decide to make a donation in my name to the state of NJ's Sandy relief fund instead of shopping for a gift. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Edited by the maid of woodlynne, 04 November 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#4 KiDisaster

KiDisaster

People...what a bunch of bastards.

• Members
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

I'm in again as well. Will edit my questionnaire into this post later today /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#5 Elder Sister

Elder Sister

I don't like your face. Makes me want to do things to it.

• Members
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

I'm in...this sounds fun. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Here are my answers:

Questionnaire 1
Are you over 18?
Yes

Yes

Love Mexican and Chinese - all food, really

Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : love chocolate and chupa chups.

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): lavender is a favorite of mine

Reading, knitting, guitar, music, cooking, gardening

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): love mysteries and good literature. Hate romances with a fiery passion
( heh heh. See what I did there?)

Favorite animal: dogs. Best people in the world. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): love movies. Action, western, comedies. Old classics are a favorite.

Favorite Color : blue

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: I have pretty weird musical taste so I'll skip this one. I'm all over the map and already have tons.

Do you collect anything? Owls, magnifying glasses, petrified shark teeth, moleskine notebooks

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? No. Life is good. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'm easy. Send me a broom handle with a bow on it and I'll be jazzed about it.

Questionnaire 2

a. Color? Blue
b. Type of candy? Love it all.
c. Type of munchie? Same. I'm not picky.
d. Puzzle to do? I like crosswords.

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) .
No. But I do like nativities.
See above.
Christ.
6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies?
Both.

It's a Wonderful Life. Jimmy Stewart, angels, bells...you can't beat it!

Religious Christmas.

a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet
d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.

Probably B.

I like it all except for Christmas Macarena. That song makes me want to stick a pen in my eye.

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above.
B
12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.

El Dorado Cadillac with the steer horns on the front. Hey, you asked. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing) clothes are tough - I'm hard to fit, tall. But I wear a medium in most stuff.

a. bedroom? Reds, oranges, yellows
b: kitchen?same
c. living room? Browns, reds, oranges, yellows

15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc.
eclectic.

Don't think so...

Edited by Elder Sister, 03 November 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#6 Gillio

Gillio

Social Justice worrier

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

I'm in, didn't do it last year, and regretted it

#7 Lightning Lord

Lightning Lord

Dangerously Cuddly

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

I think this might be the year I'm in. I could use something to distract me from all the things I keep doing to distract myself from homework /biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

am i supposed to fill out both of those questionnaires? I will, just checking, as some of it seems redundant. panda no care about redundancy, panda just want shiny /biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Questionnaire 1
Are you over 18? yes
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): not a fan of seafood otherwise all good
Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : usually like apple-flavored things
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): honestly never thought about this...how should a dude smell?
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): reading, computer games (older ones), running/hiking
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): poli-sci, history, semi-fantastic
Favorite animal: obvious, panda
Favorite Color : green
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: generally dig indie stuff
Do you collect anything? used to collect baseball cards, that's about it
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? motivation to do homework? /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Questionnaire 2

a. Color? green
b. Type of candy? fruit stuff
c. Type of munchie? ??
d. Puzzle to do? love crosswords

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) . no

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? prefer the immediate fam

7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? Love Actually - it made me laugh

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ non. very non.

10. Favorite Christmas music Silent Night or Trans-Siberian/Mannheim Steamroller

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above.

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing) M/L in shirts, 12 US shoe

a. bedroom?
c. living room?

I have a studio apartment, and likely moving to another next year.

15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc

I'm a Sagittarius. I don't actually have fur. I didn't know if fudge counted as something that would melt. Shipping to me might be too expensive for this activity. I'll understand if that's the case, I live in the middle of nowhere (Boarder-speaking)

Edited by Lightning Lord, 08 October 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#8 Baitac

Baitac

You shush now!

• Members
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

I'm in!!!! /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#9 Anubiel

Anubiel

whops

• Members
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

Oh, I was waiting for this! I'm in, last year was great fun /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Will fill out the questionnaire later today.

Edit: there you go:

Questionnaire 1
Are you over 18?

Yes.

Yes.

Thai, french.

Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) :
Fudge, licorice.

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc):
Spicy, vanilla, coconut. I love Yankee Candles.

Horseriding, reading, traveling, baking.

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like):
Fantasy, historical dramas.

Favorite animal:
Horses and dogs.

Too many to mention.

Favorite Color :
Right now I like emerald green and deep blues.

Do you collect anything?
Wedgwood Vera Wang platinum lace dinnerware. Which is not suitable for posting in the mail…

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need?
Yes! Yankee candle scents not available in Europe – like the new Christmas scent Peppermint Bark or North Pole. Or something with pumpkin. Love pumpkins.

Nope.

Questionnaire 2

a. Color?
See above
b. Type of candy? Fugde. Also milkchocolate, particularly Godiva. Hate Hershey’s.
c. Type of munchie? See above..
d. Puzzle to do? Don’t like puzzles.

Black ornaments or ones that look like “old” glass.

Think I’ve answered this one before..

Joy.

Big family this year, at least.

Love Actually. It’s one of the few romantic comedies I like.

Semi-religious.

B.

English carols.

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above.

B

A Mulberry bayswater bag.

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)
N
o clothing please, I’m super picky about clothes.

a. bedroom?
c. living room?

It’s all white.

Modern, white.

Edited by Anubiel, 08 October 2012 - 04:42 AM.

#10 Zar Lannister

Zar Lannister

Ward of the West Indies

• Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

/in!

#11 Eyron-san、最初の

Eyron-san、最初の

Major

• Members
  • 2,366 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

I'm in too! Will probably PM the details to you Lany, or edit tomorrow.

Are you over 18? Yes
Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Mediterranian, Sushi, but I'm interested in all food traditions, bar insects as snacks and things other than fruit put in jelly...
Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : Anything homemade, or traditional for your specific culture.
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Vanilla, Apple, Citrus, Cinnamon. Not flowery or very sweet.
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Painting, reading, music, decorating, art.
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Classics, fantasy, true story... Eh anything really except romance.
Favorite animal: dogs and cats
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): Comedy, science fiction, drama (war stories especially) For reference Das Boot is my favourite movie... I also like Kill Bill (got those) and most of Tarantinos work.
Favorite Color : green (olive, leaf, grass, lime green)
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Alternative rock, indie, folk
Do you collect anything? no
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? surprises
Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: I like sour better than sweet, food more than candy, but I like to be surprised so I shouldn't really do this questionaire!

Questionnaire 2

a. Color? See this line
b. Type of candy? Chocolate and anything homemade (see above)
c. Type of munchie? crackers with cheese (stilton, brie, camembert, roquefort etc) and fruits
d. Puzzle to do? nothing really, well quizzes I guess

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) . Ornaments for the Christmas tree with personal touch, old ones, rare ones, strange and funny ones.

4. What type of hobbies do you have? see above

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Family

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? If I could choose - big family, but reality is just the immediate family.

7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? Nightmare before Christmas because we have that tradition too *waves to Maid* and Love Actually *waves to Panda* cause it's just so fuzzy and warm.

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ Non-religious/protestant/Yule combo /biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I go with /cool.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> But it all sounds nice!

10. Favorite Christmas music Nightmare before Christmas! But also traditional hymns, and carols.

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above.

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. I can't think of anything useful here... Maybe I am that flamboyant, heh. There are furniture that I would like, really expensive retro stuff that I don't intend to buy if I don't win the lottery or become very rich all of a sudden. And art.

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing) I'm impossible to get clothes for.

a. bedroom? Coffee Latte/Crème and white walls and aubergine details (pillows etc).
b: kitchen? white, black, grey with lime green/lemon details.
c. living room? white, green, brown and birch, with fuchsia details.

15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc) Modern, scandinavian and eclectic, I like the forties/fifties furniture and antique mixed with modern.

Edited by Eira, 10 October 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#12 Zar Lannister

Zar Lannister

Ward of the West Indies

• Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Questionnaire 1

Are you over 18? Yes
Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Italian, Mediterranean
Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : No candy please (trying to keep blood sugar low!)
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Pine, woodsy, or "clean smells"
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): I collect Movies that Have Won the Academy Awards for Best Picture, and coins from around the world. Also collect Christmas Ornaments for the Family Tree ("Ornaments with a Story" is a concept we've been trying to establish for a while).
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Mostly Non-Fiction (shocker!), but I have a soft spot for Medieval Fantasies (go figure).
Favorite animal: Dogs
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): If I could only have that Lannister Invitation box the Press got... *sigh*.. Cult Classics are great (I do Own Behemoth, Attack of the 50ft Woman, etc.) or Anything from Woody Allen post Vicky Christina Barcelona (inclusive).
Favorite Color : Orange and Blue
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Folk Rock/Alternative/Indie Rock, though I listen to a lot of stuff from rising artists... but I'm a bit finicky about my music though.
Do you collect anything? Coins, Films, Curious SFW objects from around the world, Christmas Ornaments.
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? My Messenger Bag Broke during my last trip. That would be nice. Oh I like Magic Wallets. Lannister Stuff (I do own the cap and the keychain thanks to my wonderful SS from last year)
Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: Idk, maybe some of the mindset, right: so you can get an idea of the person: like retro stuff. I like the Middle Ages. Stuff from antiques in pewter or non-glossy brass, stuff you find in a old yard sale, stuff from Vintage Shops and Thrift Stores which there aren't any where I live (but not derelict stuff that looks like: A) your dog gnawed to it or your cat decided to scratch as a hobby, B ) You poured a gallon of bleach on it and decided to wipe it off before realizing it was too late or C) You're good to go to a KISS Concert). I always browse through dorky stuff from the Virgin Megastore aisle by the Cashiers. If I could own a Grandfather Clock I would. Have a chance in a million?.

Questionnaire 2

a. Color? Orange and Blue /dry.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' />
b. Type of candy? Chocolate? (The More Cocoa in it the Better)
c. Type of munchie? Heh. Pita Chips.
d. Puzzle to do? Rubiks Cube, Scenery, famous paintings (but no cutesy animals please!)

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) . Yes (See above) /dry.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' />

4. What type of hobbies do you have? I read, play Tennis, play Mafia, play certain Video Games... does cooking count? I like to take pictures but I don't own professional equipment.

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Joy

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? Traditional Catholic Christmas with the Advent Crown and everything in between and the second cousin's best friend can come over too... isn't it a party anyway? The more the merrier!

7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? Drats, what did I answer last year? Does Annie Hall Count? /unsure.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' /> - Miracle on 34th Street otherwise.

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ - See #6.

Can I have C though, but with no black tie attire?
10. Favorite Christmas music: The Rat Pack

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above.

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. A Segway? Or something from the Sky Mall.

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing) - Medium in T-Shirts. L/XL in Caps/Hats/

a. bedroom? beige-ish
b: kitchen? white
c. living room? some sort of brown color that people find nice but I find impossible to describe... it looks like a coffee drink. There's also light blue, and white.

15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc)... eclectic? Well a lot of the furniture is modern-ish, but there are some retro stuff.

Anything else your SS should know about you? I like retro stuff. Little things that add up are more fun. Oh my mailing address is in the US, I get my international mail forwarded from there. So perishables are a no-no. I like Tech-Gadgets and stuff that makes my life easier!

Edited by Zar Lannister, 10 October 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#13 Lany Cassandra

Lany Cassandra

Layers, like an onion

• Members
  • 13,410 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

Glad to see so many signing up. I am, of course doing it too. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

LL: I know some of the questions are redundant. They are the same ones LP posted the first year we did this. I meant to fix them, but haven't had time. You can always ignore any question you don't like /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#14 Lady Olenna

Lady Olenna

LYING?

• Members
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

I have 2 questions:

1. How do you determine who ends up as secret Santas (just out of curiosity)?

2. If the gift(s) are shipped internationally, what kind of a shopping timeframe will that be to get it to them by December 24th?

Thanks!

#15 Fragile Bird

Fragile Bird

Social Justice Ancient

• Members
  • 9,681 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

Yes, will do questionaire tomorrow, I am ready to pass out from continuing jet lag at the moment. /biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

#16 Lany Cassandra

Lany Cassandra

Layers, like an onion

• Members
  • 13,410 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

I have 2 questions:

1. How do you determine who ends up as secret Santas (just out of curiosity)?

2. If the gift(s) are shipped internationally, what kind of a shopping timeframe will that be to get it to them by December 24th?

Thanks!

1) I make a list and then randomize it at random.org, then put it nex to the original list. If there are those who don't want to ship internationally, or to Europe (or where ever) only, I put those names in a seperate list, or if it is only one or two people, I might have to actually pick the person they send to. I try to make it as random as possible though.

2) it all depends on where you are. Some places are great, and others kind of suck. Post varries greatly. You can contact your local post office and ask them about holiday shipping and international holiday shipping. I will draw the names the first of November to make sure everyone has time to shop and ship.

#17 Lady Olenna

Lady Olenna

LYING?

• Members
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

That sounds very complicated!

I will have to consult my budget, but it sounds like a lot of fun!

#18 The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

a. Color? Orange and Blue /dry.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' />

And I thought you were a hipster... /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> /tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

#19 theMountainGoat

theMountainGoat

Noble Goat

• Members
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

Are you over 18? yes
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Italian
Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : none
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): none
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Reading books, playing computer games, listening to music, watching movies. Conveniently I have set up four Amazon Wish Lists for all this stuff
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Science Fiction and Fantasy, here is my Amazon Books Wish List
Favorite animal: Cat
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): Action, SFF, Adventure, Comedy, here is my Amazon DVD/BluRay Wish List
Favorite Color : Purple
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: Too many to name, here is my Amazon Music wish list
Do you collect anything? Computer games, here is my Amazon Computer Games Wish List
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? Not really
Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: Did I mention that I have an Amazon Wish List?

#20 Zar Lannister

Zar Lannister

Ward of the West Indies

• Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

Thread goers: Y U NO SIGN UP.

Edited by Zar Lannister, 12 October 2012 - 07:49 AM.

Reply to this topic